3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    Ok, I do that and get updated to 11.6.

Found out the same thing happened with the Wii U. It was on 5.5.1, now it's on 5.5.2.

I guess dont know why the DNS settings failed on both units.

2. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    Fixed it (I believe).

3. bernis

bernis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil
    I downloaded FE Warriors on 3DS though FBI QR Code, it's in the "Titles" folder but I can't play, what should I do to play it?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    In what way can't you play it? If it gets stuck on the Nintendo 3DS screen then you need to either update your firmware or import the seed with FBI (or both).

bernis likes this.
  5. bernis

bernis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil
    It won't appear on home menu, and when I select it from the Title folder on FBI and press launch it says that the SD was removed, I don't know what I need to do, I just downloaded the QR code from that title keys site and I'm stuck atm. And no, I didn't imported an seed, is this the reason?

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Fire Emblem Warriors is not on the title keys site. You downloaded either the DLC or the update. That's why it's not showing up on your Home Menu. You'll have to get the game from elsewhere.

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. bernis

bernis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil
    Holy fk, just when there again and saw the "DLC", thanks a ton!

Quantumcat and KunoichiZ like this.
  8. superpower48

superpower48 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    i went to 3ds guide and followed the steps but im missing boot.firm a file called DCIM and the regular file 3ds,

it looks like

nintendo 3ds (the one it comes with)
    boot9strap
    boot.3dsx
    launcher.dat
    safeb9sinstaller.dat

with all the files in the right places i got up to the part where the 3ds is to restart after pushing the key code then A and when it turned off it never turned back on only showing a blue light that flashes once.

my 3ds is also 4.40 -1 0U so i used the browser version.

9. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    You should have got boot.firm from the Luma archive.

Quantumcat likes this.
  10. millz

millz Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hi just got a couple of questions if anyone would be grateful to help and answer.

I have a new 3ds xl on software 11.3.0-36e

I have seen the 3ds.guide page and then saw the FREeshop.

But does the FREeshop have ds and 3ds games on there?

What would the benefit of hacking the new 3ds via the 3ds.guide be over buying a 3dd flashcard?

Also what flash cards are available and rated the best to run 3ds games?

Thanks

Last edited by millz, Nov 19, 2017
  11. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    You should just follow the guide and install freeshop. The benefit over a flashcard? You get more features and save ~80$. If you want to run ds games you'll need a flashcard, but you can get a ds flashcard for ~10-20$ from http://www.nds-card.com

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. millz

millz Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks
    What about running 3ds games?

Also do I stay at the firmware I have now and follow the guide

13. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Just follow the guide on your current firmware. The guide will tell you when to update. You can download 3ds games from freeshop. You don't need a flashcard.

Quantumcat likes this.
  14. Juicy_Kun

Juicy_Kun Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Australia
    can any1 reccomend me any R4 thats currently good for the new 2ds XL or the 3DS XL also a reputable site that ships worldwide i plan to get the New 3ds XL or the 2DS XL? i hvent used R4 since lite

15. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Nds-card.com
    If you want to install CFW then look at https://3ds.guide/ntrboot for links to compatible ones. If not and you have CFW already then any card will work. If no CFW (would recommend it though) then make sure the card says it works over 7.x firmware and don't get a card with a year written on it.

16. HyperZ92

HyperZ92 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    Italy
    Now, before getting started with ntr-boot, I'd like to know if my R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), one of the first ones so it is AT LEAST 10 years old I suppose, is good for this operation?

17. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot for a set of pictures that shows which ones work

18. HyperZ92

HyperZ92 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    Italy
    I already did it, and seems not there. In the pictures I see exactly like mine, black with white sparkles, but without the "i". And I don't get what the "i" stands for. That's why I'm asking if you or anybody else know.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is it possible to have a CFW without spending money on flashcards or games that I don't need?
    I mean, I've already spent 40€ for Cubic Ninja only to be able to have a hombrew launcher...

19. Radamanthys2013

Radamanthys2013 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2017
    Hong Kong
    So, I decided to try the homebrew with ntrboot, as described in the 3DS Guide. Can someone help with some of these doubts?

1) Is there any risk of permanent damage to the console with this process? I know there's a risk to low quality flashcart, but I'm concerd with the console
    2) Between these 3 flashcarts models show bellow, is there a better one to choose or anyone would do the work? Those are the models that I can buy in my country.
    3) I have a 11.4 3DS right now, with acess to a already patched 3DS with Lumia (from a friend) and my old DS, and I'm willing to buy the right DSi flashcart. Which would be the better method of installing the homebrew? Right now I would probably go with the one that uses just the 3DS and the flashcart. The other ways are better or less complicated?

Attached Files:

• r4.
      r4.png
      File size:
      14.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    1. As long as you follow 3ds.guide exactly you're safe.
    2. The Gold RTS is best but probably the most expensive one. If you only want it to install cfw any will do.
    3. Dsiwarehax method is more difficult and you'll lose all of your data and your friends nnid will be stuck on your console.