• Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Here this isn't mine but it's the same error I'm getting
dc00951b363d8308ec335638cc397728.jpg
Make sure you have boot9strap.firm and .firm.sha in the /boot9strap on your 3ds' sd card.

Reactions: Quantumcat

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Sounds like you're using menuhax. Your system is not technically hacked, you'll need to uninstall menuhax then follow the guide from the beginning. Boot the system with the SD card out then put it in when the home menu shows. Change your theme. Then follow https://3ds.guide from the beginning.
It IS technically hacked. Menuhax is as much of a hack as Boot9Strap.
Just wanted to point that out. Well.
Your point stands, regardless of that.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello! I recently had my 3ds stolen so I went to get a new one... and got the n2DS not realizing it was 11.4. So, I'm going to get a flashcart to hack it, but which one would be better out of these two? Would either work? Which would people recommend?

This R4i Gold 3DS Plus, or the R4i-B9S? The B9S is cheaper and seems to come pre-loaded with ntrboothax, but the other one has an on/off switch or something..? Sorry, I'm not too good at this aa.

Thank you for your help in advance!

PS- I'd post links but it won't let me... I viewed them on nds-card. com
If it is cheaper, go for the cheaper one. It's a bit more of a hassle to flash the R4i-B9S to work as a normal NDS flashcart If you want to later, but other than that.... They should both function in the same way.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Follow what I said.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's up to you. The R4i Gold will need flashing, the R4i-B9S will not. Most people recommend the R4i Gold as a DS flashcart, not sure how good the R4i-B9S is at that. Ultimately just buy whichever is cheapest (from a reliable source like nds-card.com).
Actually, the Gold Plus comes preflashed and has a switch. It is inside the plastic case.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, the Gold Plus comes preflashed and has a switch. It is inside the plastic case.
I was referring to the R4i Gold that was the first one that was compatible. Didn't say "plus"

It IS technically hacked. Menuhax is as much of a hack as Boot9Strap.
Just wanted to point that out. Well.
Your point stands, regardless of that.
Not really, menuhax happens after boot. If you boot the console without the SD card it is just stock. Not hacked.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I was referring to the R4i Gold that was the first one that was compatible. Didn't say "plus"

Not really, menuhax happens after boot. If you boot the console without the SD card it is just stock. Not hacked.
... yes, it is hacked. Just because it isn't a hack that exploits Kernel9Loader or the BootROM flaws doesn't mean it isn't a hack.
And just because it by itself is a userland hack doesn't mean it isn't a hack. It exploits the Home Menu and runs code. It's as much of a hack as Boot9Strap.

And the user mentioned the Plus. Which is why I mentioned what I did. Neither the Plus nor the R4i-B9S will require flashing to use NTRBoot.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Spass34

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, so i region changed to eur 3ds but i found out that i couldnt use the eshop. But when i try to change back to US 3ds it doesnt work but JPN 3ds works?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
... yes, it is hacked. Just because it isn't a hack that exploits Kernel9Loader or the BootROM flaws doesn't mean it isn't a hack.
And just because it by itself is a userland hack doesn't mean it isn't a hack. It exploits the Home Menu and runs code. It's as much of a hack as Boot9Strap.
The console is still stock. It's not hacked. If you removed the SD card it would be identical to a stock system.

And the user mentioned the Plus. Which is why I mentioned what I did. Neither the Plus nor the R4i-B9S will require flashing to use NTRBoot.
You're right, he did say plus, I missed that. My brain just saw what I was used to :)

Hello, so i region changed to eur 3ds but i found out that i couldnt use the eshop. But when i try to change back to US 3ds it doesnt work but JPN 3ds works?
Do you have a NAND backup from before you tried region-changing?

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Spass34

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The console is still stock. It's not hacked. If you removed the SD card it would be identical to a stock system.

You're right, he did say plus, I missed that. My brain just saw what I was used to :)

No i dont is there any way to restore the US region update that was originally in the 3ds?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

It's a hack. Again, regardless of it being a hack that relies on data on the SD card to be read after booting, it is a hack. Again, just a userland hack, but a hack nonetheless.

Reactions: Uumas

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So... is that time again people...

I have the leaked UM .cia. I want to get the "good" one from Freeshop. So i should delete my game from FBI and the ticket, right? How do i delete it? Do i have to look for the serial number or i can do it right away with the game? Anything else?

Last edited by alexj9626,

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So... is that time again people...

I have the leaked UM .cia. I want to get the "good" one from Freeshop. So i should delete my game from FBI and the tittle seed, right? How do i delete it? Do i have to look for the serial number or i can do it right away with the game? Anything else?
Go into FBI, select Titles, wait for it to load everything, then select the game you want to uninstall and select "Delete title and ticket"

bam099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I format the system memory via other settings, will I use my CFW? I bought a used 3DS XL and I didn't delete the existing Nintendo ID before I put on a CFW and updated to 11.6 : / I'd like to add mine on there but I don't want to lose the hack. I searched but couldn't find an answer. Thanks everyone!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If I format the system memory via other settings, will I use my CFW? I bought a used 3DS XL and I didn't delete the existing Nintendo ID before I put on a CFW and updated to 11.6 : / I'd like to add mine on there but I don't want to lose the hack. I searched but couldn't find an answer. Thanks everyone!
You'll keep cfw if you format

Reactions: bam099

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.