• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the cfw, now with sys 9.2.0, and I'm getting a system update notification. If I do it, it only update that one right? Not the ofw? It's just remove the micro SD and I come back to ofw 9.2.0?

ofw? Remove sd card? If you have cfw just update normally, don't remove anything. If you had an emunand before and you followed the guide then your emunand is gone.

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I don't want to scare anyone, but I unbanned my 3ds back in may and now I'm banned again. Has this happened to anyone else yet? I have updated to 11.6 with luma 8.1.1 just now and tried to connect online to get the new pikachu with hat.

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I don't want to scare anyone, but I unbanned my 3ds back in may and now I'm banned again. Has this happened to anyone else yet? I have updated to 11.6 with luma 8.1.1 just now and tried to connect online to get the new pikachu with hat.
Ok that was dumb, I've seen that they ban periodically the LocalFriendCodeSeed files they see.

Kri3tian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ofw? Remove sd card? If you have cfw just update normally, don't remove anything. If you had an emunand before and you followed the guide then your emunand is gone.
Yeah, but if later I take the SD card, what firmware gonna show? The 9.2.0 that I have now or the latest official software?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! After region changing my EmuNand to Europe, and after formatting (with TinyFormat) whenever I open Paper Mario Sticker Star (first found it on my dumped cia, but this also happens on the gamecart), it gives me an Arm11 error message. For whatever reason, it appears on the bottom screen. Here's what it says:
Code:
An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type:          generic
Process ID:          38
Process name:     CtrApp
Process Title ID:  0x00040000000a5e00

Address:             0x002a1064
Error Code:         0xc8804470

Press any button to reboot.
(Also, everything in the second column was supposed to be aligned, but I guess the inline code broke it)
But, I don't think it generated a crash report/dump. Any help?
Also, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe black screens after the Nintendo 3DS banner startup thing.

Last edited by SirNapkin1334,

kokkie20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys am new here so got a few questions:
I got a old 3ds XL (Firmware 11.4) with a homebrew channel on it and freeshop.
All works fine only a few questions:

- Can i update it to 11.6 ? (so i can add friends)
- How must i update it?
- Is it possible to install games trough cia/3ds files? If so how?
- What size SD card is supported? It now has a 4GB in it, what is the max support?
- Do i need to know more stuff that i should be aware of?

it has:
FBI
Luma3ds
Homebrew Channel

Last edited by kokkie20,

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.

So I hacked my N3DS XL back in 2015 when the new exploit for fw 10.3 was released. After that, I haven't really touched anything (and my 3DS has been offline ever since). I also haven't really kept up with the 3DS hacking scene at all, so I'm kind of lost in how I would go about updating my firmware, or if there's anything I should update.

I'm currently using Menuhax with ReiNAND. I also have this purple screen before loading ReiNAND (iirc there were lower chances of freezing if the cfw was loaded 2-3 seconds later). What would be my update path to a higher firmware? I've also seen "Luma3DS" quite a bit, as well as freeshop. Anyone want to do a quick rundown of these things, and if it's worth switching over? :P Obviously I'd still want to keep all my stuff if I do switch to something else.

If there're any other things you would need to know, I can probably find that out.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi.

So I hacked my N3DS XL back in 2015 when the new exploit for fw 10.3 was released. After that, I haven't really touched anything (and my 3DS has been offline ever since). I also haven't really kept up with the 3DS hacking scene at all, so I'm kind of lost in how I would go about updating my firmware, or if there's anything I should update.

I'm currently using Menuhax with ReiNAND. I also have this purple screen before loading ReiNAND (iirc there were lower chances of freezing if the cfw was loaded 2-3 seconds later). What would be my update path to a higher firmware? I've also seen "Luma3DS" quite a bit, as well as freeshop. Anyone want to do a quick rundown of these things, and if it's worth switching over? [emoji14] Obviously I'd still want to keep all my stuff if I do switch to something else.

If there're any other things you would need to know, I can probably find that out.
You should follow https://3ds.guide and follow the move emunand section when the guide instructs to.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You should follow https://3ds.guide and follow the move emunand section when the guide instructs to.
Thought that site was only for going from stock fw to cfw, so never looked too much into it, but I guess not :P

Would I be correct in that I want to follow the "A9LH to B9S update" guide? I do have a "arm9loaderhax.bin" file on my microSD card, and I don't remember hearing about B9S back then.

Also, regarding menuhax, would it be fine to keep using that, or should I change and use soundhax (which is what the guide seems to be using).

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thought that site was only for going from stock fw to cfw, so never looked too much into it, but I guess not [emoji14]

Would I be correct in that I want to follow the "A9LH to B9S update" guide? I do have a "arm9loaderhax.bin" file on my microSD card, and I don't remember hearing about B9S back then.

Also, regarding menuhax, would it be fine to keep using that, or should I change and use soundhax (which is what the guide seems to be using).
If you're using menuhax you'll have to follow the guide from the beginning. After following the guide you don't need emunand anymore. Soundhax is only used to install boot9strap. After it's installed it'll load cfw as the console boots.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would I need to erase my SD card to start the guide from the beginning, or does it not matter that I already have all these other things on it (that I used to install emunand and whatnot way back when).

At this point I wonder if I should just start from scratch. Let's say I erase whatever is on my SD card and start from the beginning (I honestly have so many things on there that I don't remember why I have that it's fairly disorienting to figure out I might as well just start from the beginning at this point), which files would I want to keep to be able to restore things like save files and whatnot?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Would I need to erase my SD card to start the guide from the beginning, or does it not matter that I already have all these other things on it (that I used to install emunand and whatnot way back when).

At this point I wonder if I should just start from scratch. Let's say I erase whatever is on my SD card and start from the beginning (I honestly have so many things on there that I don't remember why I have that it's fairly disorienting to figure out I might as well just start from the beginning at this point), which files would I want to keep to be able to restore things like save files and whatnot?
The files can stay there but if you want to get rid of junk you can copy them to your pc (just in case) and delete them. Don't reformat your card because it would remove emunand

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The files can stay there but if you want to get rid of junk you can copy them to your pc (just in case) and delete them. Don't reformat your card because it would remove emunand
Oh, the emunand is installed on a different partition and not in the "EmuNAND9" folder I have? :P

If that's the case, deleting everything from my SD card and then following the guide from the beginning sounds like the easiest way.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thought that site was only for going from stock fw to cfw, so never looked too much into it, but I guess not :P

Uninstall menuhax before beginning the guide or it will interfere each time you start up your console. Change the theme in sysNAND to uninstall.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

question, what the Cleanup scripts actually do in godmod9?

also, does unistall CFW brick the system?

https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw.html

i want to try it but it gives me big warring it may brick my system.
If you have any unsigned system titles that require CFW to run then yes it will brick your system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, the emunand is installed on a different partition and not in the "EmuNAND9" folder I have? :P

If that's the case, deleting everything from my SD card and then following the guide from the beginning sounds like the easiest way.
If you delete everything from your SD card you'll lose all your games and saves.

TnTTnT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, made the big mistake of using gateway after I already had arm9 on it when my sysnand was at 11.5. So my o3ds lost Homebrew and I'm back on 11.5 stock. I'm all ready to rehack it (just got my r4), but I still have all the programs on the 3ds (ciangel, Homebrew channel, etc.). Now should I just reset my 3ds to erase everything and start fresh? Or should I just rehack it with ntrboot as is and leave all the programs there? (So when I finish putting boot9 on it I can access the programs again without reinstalling everything). Just want to make sure, thx in advance

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys, made the big mistake of using gateway after I already had arm9 on it when my sysnand was at 11.5. So my o3ds lost Homebrew and I'm back on 11.5 stock. I'm all ready to rehack it (just got my r4), but I still have all the programs on the 3ds (ciangel, Homebrew channel, etc.). Now should I just reset my 3ds to erase everything and start fresh? Or should I just rehack it with ntrboot as is and leave all the programs there? (So when I finish putting boot9 on it I can access the programs again without reinstalling everything). Just want to make sure, thx in advance
You should be able to just re-hack it. If the Homebrew apps don't reappear you might have to reinstall them.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you have any unsigned system titles that require CFW to run then yes it will brick your system.

unsigned system titles? like what?
i've just tried it and it worked, then i reinstalled B9S again.

also, what about cleanup_sd_card?
does it format the SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol