• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are games downloaded from FreeShop properly signed as if they were downloaded from the eShop? I would download my gamecart dumped games if they would be signed.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do but as SirNapkin asked are they properly signed? As I seen from https://gbatemp.net/threads/try-not-to-trigger-the-ban-button-experiment.487695/page-2#post-7653983 and that they dont transfer tickets correctly on a system transfer that something within them is somewhat off.
Depends on what he means by "signed".... Tickets for games are not signed with legit signatures when downloaded even from the eshop outside the paywall (unless they're free of course). Luma's patches ignore this, so you can install/run them the same way you would one you actually bought (and it looks the same to the server when being played). Luma however, can't patch Nintendo's server which is what recognizes those tickets as "illegitimate"; not the console.

It's basically just the difference between legit and non-legit cias. Anything you download from freeshop is not a legit cia, just a good one. Legit .cias are only system apps or pre-installed games and have legit signatures. It's why you can install them without CFW if you use the udsploit version of FBI on 11.3, but not anything else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically Good =/= valid to Luma but only valid =/= valid to the server.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what he means by "signed".... Tickets for games are not signed with legit signatures when downloaded even from the eshop outside the paywall (unless they're free of course). Luma's patches ignore this, so you can install/run them the same way you would one you actually bought (and it looks the same to the server when being played). Luma however, can't patch Nintendo's server which is what recognizes those tickets as "illegitimate"; not the console.

It's basically just the difference between legit and non-legit cias. Anything you download from freeshop is not a legit cia, just a good one. Legit .cias are only system apps or pre-installed games and have legit signatures. It's why you can install them without CFW if you use the udsploit version of FBI on 11.3, but not anything else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically Good =/= valid to Luma but only valid =/= valid to the server.
So, dumping is CIAs from a Gamecart is better? Or does it really not matter?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, dumping is CIAs from a Gamecart is better? Or does it really not matter?
It doesn't matter, it's essentially the same as getting it from freeshop or elsewhere. The only notable difference is that cartridges dumped to .cia always have a version of "0" which doesn't matter as all cias use your consoles header, but it won't match the version downloaded from eshop; so considering that, it's probably worse than just using freeshop in terms of "legitimacy".

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter, it's essentially the same as getting it from freeshop or elsewhere. The only notable difference is that cartridges dumped to .cia always have a version of "0" which doesn't matter as all cias use your consoles header, but it won't match the version downloaded from eshop; so considering that, it's probably worse than just using freeshop in terms of "legitimacy".
Ah. I see. So neither of them will system transfer.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, so, putting luma boot.firm in CTRNand is just copying boot.firm to 1:/boot.firm and putting the luma folder in 1:/rw/luma? Or is it more complicated?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, so, putting luma boot.firm in CTRNand is just copying boot.firm to 1:/boot.firm and putting the luma folder in 1:/rw/luma? Or is it more complicated?
No, that's it. Luma will always boot from the SD card as priority over CTRNAND if it can. Otherwise if it can't read the SD it will boot from CTRNAND.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, as I said only legit .cia installs will transfer. Those ONLY include system titles and pre-installed games. Everything else the ticket or the application/game will be deleted automatically when verified by the server.
Legit cias do not transfer (unless they were actually pre-installed on your console). Also, the game won't be deleted, just that the ticket won't move to the new device so it won't show up.
I tested the former quite a while ago, when I got a console with a game actually genuinely pre-installed with no NNID ever connected. I modded it, made a NAND/SD backup, transferred it to a non-hacked console and the game did transfer, then restored the backups. The game was there after restoring but disappeared after I visited the eShop. 7 days later I tried transferring to another console and as expected the game didn't transfer.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit cias do not transfer (unless they were actually pre-installed on your console). Also, the game won't be deleted, just that the ticket won't move to the new device so it won't show up.
I tested the former quite a while ago, when I got a console with a game actually genuinely pre-installed with no NNID ever connected. I modded it, made a NAND/SD backup, transferred it to a non-hacked console and the game did transfer, then restored the backups. The game was there after restoring but disappeared after I visited the eShop. 7 days later I tried transferring to another console and as expected the game didn't transfer.
Oh okay, I was told otherwise but I'd trust a tested process over mere hearsay so thank you for the clarification.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Searching is kinda bugging me not being able to find this. I got yo-kai watch 2 bony spirits at v2.0. Where exactly can i find that update data to roll the cart back to a lower one. like say v1.0 for ntr uses afterwards?

**Looked into and found that I can remove update from FBI.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

Haze898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently nds-card only gave me the option to pay with PayPal or Western Union, saying I needed to email them if I wanted to use PayPal. No option for credit cards. So I ended up ordering one from modchipsdirect which they're out of stock atm, says for they will be getting them in around the 27th. :/

Anyone order from them before?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently nds-card only gave me the option to pay with PayPal or Western Union, saying I needed to email them if I wanted to use PayPal. No option for credit cards. So I ended up ordering one from modchipsdirect which they're out of stock atm, says for they will be getting them in around the 27th. :/

Anyone order from them before?
Nah, you should order from NDS-Card. Even though their pay-pal process is super janky, trust it. I've gotten cards from them before. BTW, it might take up to a month to arrive.

Haze898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, you should order from NDS-Card. Even though their pay-pal process is super janky, trust it. I've gotten cards from them before. BTW, it might take up to a month to arrive.
Ah I already put the order in for these guys, they were recommended by a person or two I think that's how I found them, they say they're US based.

I emailed them about the order just inquiring about if they'd have enough for my order in the incoming shipment since who knows how many "pre-orders" they've taken since it was out of stock. They got back to me pretty promptly and assured me it'd actually be shipping soon. So who knows, hopefully modchipsdirect will be a place I can highly recommend.

I was pretty put off about the PayPal email situation with nds-card, I was expecting them to simply take a credit card. I really do appreciate the feedback though.

Last edited by Haze898,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia...