• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

castigear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a clarification, I updated to boot9strap, is it safe to update to the current version? Before I had a9lh and gateway, and I updated and lost A9lh (luckily I had an old 3ds with a broken screen that I was able to swap motherboards with to regain my cfw...and I have since retired my gateway). Anyway as a result I am leery of updating without doing my due dilligence...will I be safe updating when there is an update, as long as I only use the straight luma/b9s boot?

Secret_3DS_Agent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do digital games on an SD Card load faster than physical games on a cartridge?

I have a hacked New 3DS that is overclocked to run Clock+L2 on all processes, and a 32GB Class 10 micro SDHC Card formatted with 64kb Clusters for the fastest possible loading. I want to know which is faster: My SD card or a cartridge.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just a clarification, I updated to boot9strap, is it safe to update to the current version? Before I had a9lh and gateway, and I updated and lost A9lh (luckily I had an old 3ds with a broken screen that I was able to swap motherboards with to regain my cfw...and I have since retired my gateway). Anyway as a result I am leery of updating without doing my due dilligence...will I be safe updating when there is an update, as long as I only use the straight luma/b9s boot?
It's been safe so far and it should be safe in the future. I'd check the forums before updating when there's a new release to make sure it's safe.

Reactions: castigear

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do digital games on an SD Card load faster than physical games on a cartridge?

I have a hacked New 3DS that is overclocked to run Clock+L2 on all processes, and a 32GB Class 10 micro SDHC Card formatted with 64kb Clusters for the fastest possible loading. I want to know which is faster: My SD card or a cartridge.
I think it depends on the sd card. The best way to know is probably to test it.

Secret_3DS_Agent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it depends on the sd card. The best way to know is probably to test it.
Yeah, you're right. Since SD cards can be different, there is no definitive answer. I guess I'll just have to test mine out a few times with a stopwatch and compare times.

Is there a Homebrew app that maxes out the Step Counter displayed on the Home Menu? Useful for O-Powers in Pokemon XY/ORAS, and I like seeing my stuff maxed out.

Last edited by Secret_3DS_Agent,

superj1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update b9s I did all the steps in section one but now for section 2 when I push Start it won't go to the chainloader menu it was working fine before I started updating

ofayto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi everyone.
I have but one question.
Is there any way for me to hide folders/ icons/ app/ title id (more specifically, luma updater, FBI, Homebrew menu, etc) inside my 3DS Home menu?
Is this even achievable?

My current 3DS info:
- Followed https://3ds.guide/ from stock to boot9strap. Currently having Godmode9, Luma, FBI, Themely, etc by following the guide.
- Now at Emunand sys 11.4, with the original stock version at v 11.3 and below (I guess you guys call it SysNAND?)
- Installed an official theme via Themely, with BGM in my 3DS

Thanks in advance to all pros out there helping newbies out. ^ ^
Really appreciate the help you guys provide =)

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Do I then update the 3ds via the regular system update process?

I see that the latest Luma requires boot9strap. Is there much benefit to me installing that so I can use the latest Luma? I don't do anything fancy with my 3ds, just games.
youll get a lot of new features and the latest luma releases. apart from that, you dont need to. And yes update the 3ds via the regular system update process

bandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi,
I just hacked a friend's n3dsxl using bs9. She's not a hardcore gamer and will use it lightly. So I just wanted to ask is it ok to update it to the latest firmware? If so what is the tradeoff? Thanks :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...