• Views 4,526,687
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had some success with getting layeredfs to work, but I'm noticing some lag regarding undubs. Is there a way to return to HANS while keeping HBL 2.0? Or can I just use an older version of the starter.zip that still has HANS?
HANS is horribly outdated and hasn't been updated in forever. You could just find an older starter.zip.

Jamezwithaz15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error on Old 3DS boot9strapper luma and fbi all up to date and all a9lh arm 9 files that can be uninstalled are.

The error is as follows when i start the camera on the O3DS.

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: Generic
Process ID: 38
Process title ID: 0x0004001000021400
Adress: 0x0029b56c
Error code: 0xf9605002

press any button to reboot.

When I try to start qr code scanner on pokemon sun the error is different. Took a screen of that error.

http://imgur.com/jdUACBL

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Jamezwithaz15,

Dantheghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to the 3ds hacking and custom firmware community and all a I have been planning to hack my 3ds for 2 months now but was unable to do so because of my work and very busy life and now I am finally planning to do it but it looks like a lot of stuff has changed and I want to know should I hack my 3ds now or wait for something even more better to come might sound ridiculous but yeah since it is my first time I am kinda nervous and what are the benefits I will get by installing this new boot9strap thing? and where should I go to read a very basic to advance far for noobs to educate themselves? thank you very much

Jamezwithaz15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to the 3ds hacking

It really depends on your current 3ds firmware I'd say if you're on 11.2 - 11.3 it's not a bad place to start but I've heard varied responses with 11.4 being that it killed sound hax and has caused people bans. I would say i'ts not a bad time to start but a few months ago would have been better. I've only done 3ds homebrew since last year so im no veteran but it's not as hard as it looks after you get used to things.

Follow this guide exactly! and I'd pretty much say you'll have no problems getting into homebrew. https://3ds.guide/

There are different methods and places with guides but as far as i know it's the best.

Last edited by Jamezwithaz15,

Dantheghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on your current 3ds firmware I'd say if you're on 11.2 - 11.3 it's not a bad place to start but I've heard varied responses with 11.4 being that it killed sound hax and has caused people bans. I would say i'ts not a bad time to start but a few months ago would have been better. I've only done 3ds homebrew since last year so im no veteran but it's not as hard as it looks after you get used to things.

Follow this guide exactly! and I'd pretty much say you'll have no problems getting into homebrew. https://3ds.guide/

There are different methods and places with guides but as far as i know it's the best.

I have 11.0 and why it would have been better to hack my 3ds earlier?

Chopsuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I want to update to b9s, i am on 11.3 and currently use an old luma version (6.?) can i just follow the guide again ?
Is there anything that dont work as it works with a9lh, i've head there are a lot of changes with homebrew launcher, wich i use mostly will there still anything work as it works now ?
( just asking to be sure, i am one of the never change a running system guys even if there are better ways... but i think it's time to change to b9s)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey, I want to update to b9s, i am on 11.3 and currently use an old luma version (6.?) can i just follow the guide again ?
Is there anything that dont work as it works with a9lh, i've head there are a lot of changes with homebrew launcher, wich i use mostly will there still anything work as it works now ?
( just asking to be sure, i am one of the never change a running system guys even if there are better ways... but i think it's time to change to b9s)
Follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
I think everything works the way things should

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are all the homebrews that exist in 3dsx and cia format? Is there a 3dsx version of: Themely, PKSM, Custom version setter, Tiksweep, CiaAngel, Freeshop?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What are all the homebrews that exist in 3dsx and cia format? Is there a 3dsx version of: Themely, PKSM, Custom version setter, Tiksweep, CiaAngel, Freeshop?
Do a google search for the name of the homebrew plus github releases. That should answer your question and lead you to the files at the same time.

bmanices

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, apologies if this is the wrong place to post but I think I have bricked my N3DS and just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas that could help! I installed Luma following the 3DS.guide with the soundhax method and everything worked great until today when I went into Luma updater and tried to download the latest stable version (v8 I think). The N3DS is now powered off and won't power on, with or without the SD card, and won't boot into god mode with start button held down. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?? Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, apologies if this is the wrong place to post but I think I have bricked my N3DS and just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas that could help! I installed Luma following the 3DS.guide with the soundhax method and everything worked great until today when I went into Luma updater and tried to download the latest stable version (v8 I think). The N3DS is now powered off and won't power on, with or without the SD card, and won't boot into god mode with start button held down. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?? Thanks!
Luma 8.0 won't work unless you're using the most up-to-date b9s. Follow this tutorial to get up and running again: http://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Also, update your Luma Updater (redownload through TitleDB in FBI) so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Schebberle

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so. i have an N3ds-XL that currently runs on B9S (afaik. I just used the guide at 3ds.guide/get-started about a week ago).
In sep 2016 i already had an EMUnand CFW. and dumb as i was i moved some saves via the original Nintendo 3ds software, and didn't back them up somewhere else.

So, before i flashed the B9S about a week ago. i also tried booting up my DS to emunand but it never did. only sysnand bootet up properly. so now i didn't had the chance to backup anything.

What i hav, from back then a copy of my sysnand.bin
a copy of my whole SD-card from before formatting it, only the files. not a complete image of it (so there's no existing emunand aviable)

and what i want, is just some save games that must be somewhere on my sd.

can anyone help me in this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol