• Start date
  • Views 4,463,313
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
The SD card contains all your installed games so back that up along with the NAND that was using it if you don't want to have to install your games again and lose progress.
cool yeah I have backups of my SD card
Thanks so much really appreciate your help with this today and all the other times you've helped out.

Reactions: Quantumcat

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello there... I have completed the firmware restoration. It worked as the way you suggested. Sadly my button input malfunction still persists. I have also disambled the 3DS XL for fourth times and this time I have disambled the touchscreen to see if there is anything stuck but nothing there.. Also, I have disabled the touch function by removing a black ribbon removing, found that the malfunction still there... So, I am sure its hardware issue. Is there any debugging method to find out what is causing the button input malfunction glitch..? Or is there any other way? Also, there are no dust in any buttons as well as L and R ribbon is okay, there is no visible hardware issue in motherboard.

Last edited by IMRAN_PETER,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello there... I have completed the firmware restoration. It worked as the way you suggested. Sadly my button input malfunction still persists. I have also disambled the 3DS XL for fourth times and this time I have disambled the touchscreen to see if there is anything stuck but nothing there.. Also, I have disabled the touch function by removing a black ribbon removing, found that the malfunction still there... So, I am sure its hardware issue. Is there any debugging method to find out what is causing the button input malfunction glitch..? Or is there any other way? Also, there are no dust in any buttons as well as L and R ribbon is okay, there is no visible hardware issue in motherboard.
No idea sorry :-( What is the malfunction? There's a homebrew that will swap button inputs. So for instance if your right trigger doesn't work you could assign the X button to it. You have to ask the creator to compile a custom version though (if no one else has asked for what you want).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
No idea sorry :-( What is the malfunction? There's a homebrew that will swap button inputs. So for instance if your right trigger doesn't work you could assign the X button to it. You have to ask the creator to compile a custom version though (if no one else has asked for what you want).
Okay buddy... No problem... Which homebrew? I am having issue with Y button input but it works with DS Games....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, the malfunction is when I press directional button the 3DS automatically takes screenshot and when I press L+R button, they dun open camera app. And Y button input issue. I have made a detailed thread about it here with screenshot and dissected 3DS. All was left to Flash the 3DS with my backed-up NAND.BIN file.

Last edited by IMRAN_PETER,

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With cfw you can install cia files directly to your home menu or install the games with freeshop. If you already have 3ds files you can convert them to cia when you have cfw.

awesome thanks! now I installed the CFW and it works great.

Can I leave wifi open and connected to the internet and also enable streetpass all the time? is it safe with CFW?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I see Smealum has updated the HBL payloads for 11.4.

However, for someone with an O3DS on 11.4 with no A9LH, is there any HBL entrypoint available other than Cubic Ninja?

I have a friend who would like HBL to play out of region games. She doesn't want CFW, just userland stuff. I have Cubic Ninja and could use it to set up a secondary entry point for her, but do any of the old standby secondary entry points still work on 11.4 like Menuhax or Soundhax?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I see Smealum has updated the HBL payloads for 11.4.

However, for someone with an O3DS on 11.4 with no A9LH, is there any HBL entrypoint available other than Cubic Ninja?

I have a friend who would like HBL to play out of region games. She doesn't want CFW, just userland stuff. I have Cubic Ninja and could use it to set up a secondary entry point for her, but do any of the old standby secondary entry points still work on 11.4 like Menuhax or Soundhax?
Smea only released payloads for new 3ds 11.4. No old 3ds yet

Reactions: regnad

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
hi again!

...i came here earlier trying to figure out what is causing my 3ds to trigger "the sd card has been removed". i was told by quantumcat that h2testw might be able to fix the problem.

the 64gb sd card i was using was indeed valid (bought from a local store). i even re-formatted it using godmode9 settings. but, up until now, i am still having this problem.

has anyone gotten through this problem yet? i tried giving it a search for a while and could not find a clear answer other than h2testw.

n3ds ll (japan) a9lh luma 7.0.3

edit #4: i have updated the a9lh to see if that works. i was here during the old risky downgrader era.

NSurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant use Homebrew in 11.4 (o3ds) anymore since the update. I thought about getting a new payload, but there's only one for 11.4 for NEW 3ds. Any ideas?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant use Homebrew in 11.4 (o3ds) anymore since the update. I thought about getting a new payload, but there's only one for 11.4 for NEW 3ds. Any ideas?
If you do not have custom firmware, you cannot get Homebrew on 11.4 o3DS systems until the payloads are released. If you do have custom firmware, use the payload for o3DS 11.2.

Reactions: NSurf

Plushie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good afternoon,

I'd like to update Luma3ds on my ctrnand. The guide tells me to update both my a9lh payload and Luma3ds. Since I'm only interested in putting Luma3ds 7.0.3 on my ctrnand and keep the payload as it is, is it OK for me to just follow section IV of 'updating A9LH'?

In other words, do I just use the most recent Luma3ds and godmode9?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good afternoon,

I'd like to update Luma3ds on my ctrnand. The guide tells me to update both my a9lh payload and Luma3ds. Since I'm only interested in putting Luma3ds 7.0.3 on my ctrnand and keep the payload as it is, is it OK for me to just follow section IV of 'updating A9LH'?

In other words, do I just use the most recent Luma3ds and godmode9?
Just copy arm9loaderhax.bin from sd card to ctrnand

Yellowbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma cfw on my new 3ds XL I bought a new bigger SD card I checked it works with my 3ds I copied every file from my old SD card but my games installed by cia are not showing up

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have Luma cfw on my new 3ds XL I bought a new bigger SD card I checked it works with my 3ds I copied every file from my old SD card but my games installed by cia are not showing up

You need to install the tickets for them. Use Tikshop to install the tickets with FBI, then TikSweep to remove unused ones

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I have a O3DS on latest hourly of Luma 7.0.4, A9LH.

When booting a Pokemon Black, it just loads a black screen with the home menu music in the background, how to fix??

Reactions: Yellowbird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone