• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
11.4 has some serious changes, i dont know exactly and maybe i will make an emunand in future so i want to stay on 9.2

larryslarry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, find the cia. We aren't allowed to link to sites. Look for that iso site. Google is your friend.
Ok. So I found the game. Downloaded, unzipped and then installed the .cia with fbi. It popper up on my home screen but stays unwrapped everyone I try unwrap it. Any clue why? ?

larryslarry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. So I found the game. Downloaded, unzipped and then installed the .cia with fbi. It popper up on my home screen but stays unwrapped everyone I try unwrap it. Any clue why?
In software management it says the title of the game on the software list??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Godoff

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys.

I am totally outdated at the cfw scene. My current firmeware is 9.0 on n3dsxl combined with gateway emunand, but I would like to move on Luma3ds. I read 3ds.guide like three times already and still don't know which fw will I get after completing the process of instaling A9LH with Luma? Also what do you think about gateway, does it worth to keep it at the bottom of my drawer just in case or better sell it?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys.

I am totally outdated at the cfw scene. My current firmeware is 9.0 on n3dsxl combined with gateway emunand, but I would like to move on Luma3ds. I read 3ds.guide like three times already and still don't know which fw will I get after completing the process of instaling A9LH with Luma? Also what do you think about gateway, does it worth to keep it at the bottom of my drawer just in case or better sell it?
3ds.guide will get you to 2.1, then back to your current firmware (9.0), then update to 11.4
I'd sell gateway.

Dahaka_101

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday in a somewhat of an impuls I bought a used New 3DS XL. Now as a DS owner I have used a R4 flashcard for ages and so I start looking into a flashcard solution for the 3ds.

But as it turnes out to be, things got a little more complicated then hacking in the DS era. And after reading a lot here in the this noob thread things start to fall into their place.

But a few questions remain, and I hope that some of you could help clear some stuff up.

1) As of April 2017, what would be the best option, going for a flashcard like SKY3DS+ (easy) or set up a custom firmware (hard)? Current system version is 11.1.0-34E.
My guts tell me to seek a CFW route and start using freeshop, but what is the best option?

2) Using freeshop, how is online play handled? Is it a possibility or is this reserved for retail copies that you own?

3) Should I stay on 11.1 and ignore any updates or should I get my new 3ds on another version?

4) Currently I have my NDS set up that it can play gb/gbc gba and DS games, is this also an option with a flashcard or cfw on a 3ds?

5) I have a whilst of about 20 games that I would like to play. Would a 32gb sd card be enough, or should I look for a 64gb card?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yesterday in a somewhat of an impuls I bought a used New 3DS XL. Now as a DS owner I have used a R4 flashcard for ages and so I start looking into a flashcard solution for the 3ds.

But as it turnes out to be, things got a little more complicated then hacking in the DS era. And after reading a lot here in the this noob thread things start to fall into their place.

But a few questions remain, and I hope that some of you could help clear some stuff up.

1) As of April 2017, what would be the best option, going for a flashcard like SKY3DS+ (easy) or set up a custom firmware (hard)? Current system version is 11.1.0-34E.
My guts tell me to seek a CFW route and start using freeshop, but what is the best option?

2) Using freeshop, how is online play handled? Is it a possibility or is this reserved for retail copies that you own?

3) Should I stay on 11.1 and ignore any updates or should I get my new 3ds on another version?

4) Currently I have my NDS set up that it can play gb/gbc gba and DS games, is this also an option with a flashcard or cfw on a 3ds?

5) I have a whilst of about 20 games that I would like to play. Would a 32gb sd card be enough, or should I look for a 64gb card?
1. Get cfw with 3ds.guide

2. Online play is fine

3. Update after you have got cfw

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Follow http://3ds.guide to get CFW set up.
2. You can play online with freeShop-downloaded games.
3. You can update, but only after you have completed 3ds.guide. Or you can stay on your current firmware after following the guide. The latest system version doesn't add anything new to the playing field. And to access online features on lower firmwares, you can use ctr-httpwn.
4. DS games on a 3DS require a flashcart.
5. You should be fine with a 32gb card, depending on how big those games are. You might want to get the 64gb card just in case. Just make sure to use guiformat to format the 64gb card to FAT32 so that the 3DS will recognize it. I can't remember what cluster size it needs.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What is the deal with the new Godmode9? Following the guide after a while and it's been changed since then, and the new Godmode9 is weird, and doesn't work properly. I'm supposed to restore NAND backup, by browsing to my SD on the explorer, but the SD isn't even displayed. Pressing R+B to remount SD card gives an error as well, but if the SD card was faulty then how would Godmode even load? Plus I tested it with h2testw before starting and it's fine ..

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1. Follow http://3ds.guide to get CFW set up.
2. You can play online with freeShop-downloaded games.
3. You can update, but only after you have completed 3ds.guide. Or you can stay on your current firmware after following the guide. The latest system version doesn't add anything new to the playing field. And to access online features on lower firmwares, you can use ctr-httpwn.
4. DS games on a 3DS require a flashcart.
5. You should be fine with a 32gb card, depending on how big those games are. You might want to get the 64gb card just in case. Just make sure to use guiformat to format the 64gb card to FAT32 so that the 3DS will recognize it. I can't remember what cluster size it needs.
32k or 64k clusters are the best.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What is the deal with the new Godmode9? Following the guide after a while and it's been changed since then, and the new Godmode9 is weird, and doesn't work properly. I'm supposed to restore NAND backup, by browsing to my SD on the explorer, but the SD isn't even displayed. Pressing R+B to remount SD card gives an error as well, but if the SD card was faulty then how would Godmode even load? Plus I tested it with h2testw before starting and it's fine ..
Sd should be 0:

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I got H9 to restore the backup after renaming the file to nandmin.bin, but the new format gives you no .SHA file which is retarded, so I had to skip the hash check. Additionally, because G9 doesn't detect the SD (despite running off of it?!), I couldn't inject FBI with the new (and unnecessarily convoluted) method. If I didn't have the old FBI injectable files that the guide used to link to, and use them with H9, what was I supposed to do? If I was a new guy I'd have been stuck there, unable to do anything.

Seriously wtf?

Reactions: Quantumcat

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Freshly restored my sd card and started following the 3ds.guide I am sitting at luma3ds configuration but the following step I cant do because the options aren't there.....
Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
  • “Autoboot SysNAND”
  • “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R”
  • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”

• what do I do? Is there a way to uninstall luma3ds configuration and start fresh or what.. I do have my (serialnumber)_nand.bin
edit: deleted the config file and it worked, continuing on

Last edited by kasek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7