• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

manaconda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it don't have anything its stock i don't even have it yet but they told me it was on 10. something cant remember exactly i done 1 3ds that was already on 11.2 i just want to know if i were to buy the 3ds on 10. something do i jsut follow the same guide or is something different since its not currently on 11.2?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it don't have anything its stock i don't even have it yet but they told me it was on 10. something cant remember exactly i done 1 3ds that was already on 11.2 i just want to know if i were to buy the 3ds on 10. something do i jsut follow the same guide or is something different since its not currently on 11.2?
Just follow the Guide. It's the only guide you should use.

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello/ I think I may have bricked my 3ds while updating the a9lh.
without paying much attention.. i've used data_input v3 instead of v4, while updating a9lh using https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
apparently installation went through with 'success' msg but now 3ds won't boot into luma/a9lh safe installer or the godmode9
is there a way to fix my issue?
thanks in advance.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello/ I think I may have bricked my 3ds while updating the a9lh.
without paying much attention.. i've used data_input v3 instead of v4, while updating a9lh using https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
apparently installation went through with 'success' msg but now 3ds won't boot into luma/a9lh safe installer or the godmode9
is there a way to fix my issue?
thanks in advance.
I don't think that would have really done anything if you had v3 to begin with. It would just overwrite it. Unless you used the wrong OTP. It would be helpful for people if you posted what's in a9lh, luma/payloads/, and root of your SD.

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that would have really done anything if you had v3 to begin with. It would just overwrite it. Unless you used the wrong OTP. It would be helpful for people if you posted what's in a9lh, luma/payloads/, and root of your SD.
current sd card is pretty much in empty state as i deleted after trying for different methods to unbrick. prior to a9lh i was using https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax this set up.(skipping few steps) did this to bring back luma3ds config page as it didnt load before.
everything worked fine until updating a9lh /w data input v3.
if u have any vanilla or basic starter file, i can try them.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
current sd card is pretty much in empty state as i deleted after trying for different methods to unbrick. prior to a9lh i was using https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax this set up.(skipping few steps) did this to bring back luma3ds config page as it didnt load before.
everything worked fine until updating a9lh /w data input v3.
if u have any vanilla or basic starter file, i can try them.
Just get Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin and copy it to the root of your SD and try booting while holding select.

protonikk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question. I just got a New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition.
I was debating custom firmware but then i read putting this device to sleep causes a brick with the current and previous SysNand. Im curious if there is anyway around that or if its worth it. Like maybe a utility to turn off on case close or leave on even. To prevent bricking.
While i wont forget and accidentally brick but theres a possibility my daughter could get ahold of it or someone looking at it etc may close the case and brick it not realizing.

What you think?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So quick question. I just got a New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition.
I was debating custom firmware but then i read putting this device to sleep causes a brick with the current and previous SysNand. Im curious if there is anyway around that or if its worth it. Like maybe a utility to turn off on case close or leave on even. To prevent bricking.
While i wont forget and accidentally brick but theres a possibility my daughter could get ahold of it or someone looking at it etc may close the case and brick it not realizing.

What you think?
It's just in 2.1 firmware. And you will have that for max. 30min when following 3ds.guide. So when you have completed the guide, you'll be safe to put it on sleep mode.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

protonikk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just in 2.1 firmware. And you will have that for max. 30min when following 3ds.guide. So when you have completed the guide, you'll be safe to put it on sleep mode.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Oh seriously?? Did not realize that. The guide made it seem permanent. My mistake. After i read some horror stories i was freaking. Thanks!

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm curious, I have to ask this random question.

Currently, what is blocking us from decrypting a .3DS|CIA file only on the PC, without needing the 3DS at all?
A bootrom dump?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh seriously?? Did not realize that. The guide made it seem permanent. My mistake. After i read some horror stories i was freaking. Thanks!
From the Guide:
Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick!
This only happens when shutting the lid while your device is on; this does not apply to turning your device off.
Your device only enters sleep mode when the lid is closed. It is not on a timer or anything like that.
Once on 2.1.0, you should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!
It's in bold. It says on 2.1.0. I guess it could be written better for noobs, but it does say "continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm curious, I have to ask this random question.

Currently, what is blocking us from decrypting a .3DS|CIA file only on the PC, without needing the 3DS at all?
A bootrom dump?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/decryption-on-pc.420317/#post-6198022

Reactions: hiten

protonikk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the Guide:
Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick!
This only happens when shutting the lid while your device is on; this does not apply to turning your device off.
Your device only enters sleep mode when the lid is closed. It is not on a timer or anything like that.
Once on 2.1.0, you should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!

It's in bold. It says on 2.1.0. I guess it could be written better for noobs, but it does say "continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/decryption-on-pc.420317/#post-6198022

Right makes more sense when put into context. I just thought it was poorly worded meaning continue what your doing or shut off to avoid sleep. Didnt know would be switching from 2.1.0
Dumb because i updated to 11.3.0 36 U
So i either have to wait, or fo more research. Looks like i might be screwed on this version. Guess ill see.

Fergamesy2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, i need help, i upgraded a long time ago my emunand to 11.3, being in gateway with arm9 (i think, because it loads the emunand atomatically and im a noob, and i did the tutorial from gateway) and obviously it freezes, i only can play with the sysnand, and every other games that i installed (like the custom snes cias), or need a high upgrade i can not (my sysnad is 4.2), so i want to change to luma or other that suport the emunand because i dont want lose all my games and saves, but i dont know how to desinstall the arm9, or if its possible, i found in internet but its for others cfw and i dont know if i do it with gateway i can brick my 3ds (its o3ds). so if you can help me, i will apreciate it.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
hi, i need help, i upgraded a long time ago my emunand to 11.3, being in gateway with arm9 (i think, because it loads the emunand atomatically and im a noob, and i did the tutorial from gateway) and obviously it freezes, i only can play with the sysnand, and every other games that i installed (like the custom snes cias), or need a high upgrade i can not (my sysnad is 4.2), so i want to change to luma or other that suport the emunand because i dont want lose all my games and saves, but i dont know how to desinstall the arm9, or if its possible, i found in internet but its for others cfw and i dont know if i do it with gateway i can brick my 3ds (its o3ds). so if you can help me, i will apreciate it.
did you use gateway fastboot? a link for what you did might help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk