• Views 4,525,787
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please I can't access Homebrew Launcher, neither from cia nor soundhax! The guide says that after copying arm9loaderhax.bin in CTR NAND, I have to launch the homebrew launcher from the home menu. But it doesn't work, should I change the otherapp.bin or what?

Edit: ffs I'm sry, didn't see something of the clock to boost fps did break homebrew launcher

Last edited by IsaacMG99,

Jtimberlake17

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3ds that has home brew and stuff on it (I bought pre used and it had all that) the guy i bought it from told me not to update it or the hacking stuff won't work because there isn't an update for it yet. He sent me to this website saying I'll find out everything here. How will I know when I can update everything?

Reactions: IsaacMG99

blablablanka

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I have a n3ds xl in Reinand 10.7. Due to some problems when I made hardmode, my wifi connection does not work: when I activate it, after 10 seconds, a black screen appears and it locks the device, needing to restart it.
Is there any possibility of installing the arm9 without having internet connection? Can someone help me? Thank you!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

I have a n3ds xl in Reinand 10.7. Due to some problems when I made hardmode, my wifi connection does not work: when I activate it, after 10 seconds, a black screen appears and it locks the device, needing to restart it.
Is there any possibility of installing the arm9 without having internet connection? Can someone help me? Thank you!
You could do the OTPless method. It's not usually recommended because there is a very small but real chance of a brick. But in your situation, I think it's the right way: not having WiFi in 2.1 will be a huge issue, and with a hardmod you can restore a backup if OTPless bricks you (get confirmation that this sort of brick is a recoverable one though).

doyoing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! Noob here. :)
Somehow Homebrew is no longer working for me. I am using the homebrew starter kit on my SD card, and I have and old 3DS 10.1.0.27-U
When can get into Homebrew but the apps on there give me a red bottom screen and it freezes. I'm trying to use it to dump my save game files for Animal Crossing on my SD.
Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks! :)
If there is a step by step guide somewhere.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Somehow Homebrew is no longer working for me. I am using the homebrew starter kit on my SD card, and I have and old 3DS 10.1.0.27-U
When can get into Homebrew but the apps on there give me a red bottom screen and it freezes. I'm trying to use it to dump my save game files for Animal Crossing on my SD.
Red screen means you're missing boot.3dsx. Check for it and if it is there, make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32. If it still doesn't work, try a new SD card and/or test your current one for defects with H2testw or similar.

Edit: I misread your post. So you can get into the homebrew launcher but not launch apps? Not sure then, sorry!!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a reason for not updating? homebrew works on 11.3, has the HBL worked before?. also, are you running a CFW? if not, just update to 11.3, and update the HBL. it should work from there

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
do you have a reason for not updating? homebrew works on 11.3, has the HBL worked before?. also, are you running a CFW? if not, just update to 11.3, and update the HBL. it should work from there
Don't tell him to update with no CFW, what if he wants it later and then realises he locked himself out by updating?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't tell him to update with no CFW, what if he wants it later and then realises he locked himself out by updating?
good point. Also it isn't the glasses that make you look smarter than other cats, it's the bow tie for sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try a cart update then https://3ds.guide/cart-update

Last edited by APartOfMe,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help but wonder.. Could we do a CTR Transfer with DSiWarehax? Why/why not?
I assume it would work just fine on a system with arm11 access, I mean that's exactly what you do to downgrade from with fasthax. diswarehax grants the same access to kexploit so if it can dump the complete NAND to downgrade the NFIRM then it should definitely be able to perform a CTRTransfer.

I don't see why it matters one way or the other though honestly. If anyone is on anything before 11.3 there is no longer any reason to use diswarehax.. Since it's suspected 11.3 checks the FIRM each time on boot and the NS module requires the most recent homemenu/NFIRM, it's moot either way right?

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I can't help but wonder.. Could we do a CTR Transfer with DSiWarehax? Why/why not?
DSiWarehax is used to backup and restore NAND backups, it's not an equivalent to Decrypt9, or doesn't have anything to do with CTR NAND transfers.
DSiWarehax was used to downgrade your NAND's NATIVE_FIRM to 9.2 so that Decrypt9 could run, because we only had arm9 access on 9.2. When arm9 access was discovered on 11.2, DSiWarehax is not needed since the NATIVE_FIRM did not need to be downgraded to run arm9 stuff. With 11.3, arm9 access is blocked again, and we can't use DSiWarehax to downgrade the NATIVE_FIRM anymore because then the console won't boot.

So, TL;DR DSiWarehax won't help you do anything (except restore previously made backups).

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use another SD card by passing all the content from the old one to the new one? Will anything from Luma or idk the 3ds change or set back if I do this? I need more space.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can I use another SD card by passing all the content from the old one to the new one? Will anything from Luma or idk the 3ds change or set back if I do this? I need more space.
If you followed 3ds.guide and you didn't create an emuNand afther that, just copy-paste everything from the old SD to the new SD and you are done

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
alright thanks! what are the benefits from emuNand?
You have a complete separate system that you load from your SD instead of the internal chip, was used a while ago when there was no a9lh to keep the original system on an exploitable version and loading an up-to-date emuNand in order to use online services and keeping it updated.
With a9lh, since you can patch directly the SysNand and you don't have to worry about updates and bricks, it is no longer needed

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guys got a Arm9LoaderHax A9LH 3dsxl. How do I reset it so the nintendotag is disassociated with the 3dsxl?. Really don't want to lose the hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land