• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To recap: 11.3 doesn't change anything for hacking 3DS/2DS with stock firmware equal or below 11.2 right? You just follow 3ds.guide and THEN update to 11.3? Does Freeshop work in 11.3?
Is basically any sealed 3DS on the market still hackable? (except the inevitable newer bundles with 11.3 preinstalled)
Yes do follow through guide than update your system, right note I don't know if there are any sealed units with 11.2 the Pokemon sun and Moon find to mind as those use 11.X. and yes free shop works fine in 11.3 hbl doesn't work yet as we are awaiting for the savior Smealum too update payloads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GBA rocks

leon0831

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys, I am an owner of old 3ds with gateway cart.... recently I am helping my friend who own a new 3ds with ver 11.2 to hack his 3ds.
After following the steps from "3ds.guide" , I managed to downgrade his ver to 9.20 (well it shows Sys 9.2.0-20 U, somehow I don't know what is the difference between Sys and Ver)....
Until here everything seems smooth, but when I try to install the gateway cart, it seems like cannot work like how it suppose to work on my old 3ds.... (install with gateway blue cart>>launcher.dat in sd card>>slot in gateway red cart>>go system setting>>other setting>>Profile>>NDS profile).....

lets say if I want to install arm9loaderhax in my old 3ds also.... how should I do to keep my gateway cart working as usual after the modification?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I am an owner of old 3ds with gateway cart.... recently I am helping my friend who own a new 3ds with ver 11.2 to hack his 3ds.
After following the steps from "3ds.guide" , I managed to downgrade his ver to 9.20 (well it shows Sys 9.2.0-20 U, somehow I don't know what is the difference between Sys and Ver)....
Until here everything seems smooth, but when I try to install the gateway cart, it seems like cannot work like how it suppose to work on my old 3ds.... (install with gateway blue cart>>launcher.dat in sd card>>slot in gateway red cart>>go system setting>>other setting>>Profile>>NDS profile).....

lets say if I want to install arm9loaderhax in my old 3ds also.... how should I do to keep my gateway cart working as usual after the modification?
Why are you downgrading to 9.2? Are you following the most up to date version of http://3ds.guide?

The blue cart method only works on 4.x. If you have a9lh (from following http://3ds.guide), you can make your Gateway card work with it by following https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691

But make sure to use an emuNAND, and never ever boot Gateway in sysNAND mode, otherwise a9lh might be erased (or maybe your device bricked) (there have been several reports of people losing a9lh by using Gateway in sysNAND mode even though they didn't update there).

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I dont wanna break anything so please clarify this to me. I have to:
1 install arm9loader
2 install and configure luma3ds
3 skip section 4 (restoring the system) since I started with stock 2.1 (is it possible to do a backup of 2.1 now, just to be safe?)
4 system update to 11.3 (9.2 ctrtransfer if update doesnt work)
5 inject fbi
I installed a9h+luma. I was using gateway before.Can i recruit the save files in the gateway? I had .3ds and .cia games installed into it. I've backed its sd card before installing a9h(there is a guide in the forum but it involves using gateway emunand and i dont really wanna install an emunand)

Another question, i had another sd card (i didnt install luma3ds into this) and it had a .cia game savefile. It was a legit copy from e-shop. Can i recruit its savefile?

Idk about the cia games because the save data should still be on your console but for the .3ds games the savefiles are inside the .3ds files, because 3ds games save onto the cartridge. Recovering these is tricky, and if you don't have the roms anymore it is obviously impossible to recover the saves. Someone else will have to link you to the guide for .3ds save data export if you still have the roms?!

Ps. you're using "recruit" wrong.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Idk about the cia games because the save data should still be on your console but for the .3ds games the savefiles are inside the .3ds files, because 3ds games save onto the cartridge. Recovering these is tricky, and if you don't have the roms anymore it is obviously impossible to recover the saves. Someone else will have to link you to the guide for .3ds save data export if you still have the roms?!

What? No, Gateway and Sky3DS store their saves in .sav files on the SD card root.

You might be thinking about how Sky3DS encrypts the saves with the header of the rom, so you need that rom to decrypt the save.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

tuugberk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I still have the roms.

Ewo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to use an EZFlash V? I've looked at the Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launchers and it says I need to patch some things without explaining how to do it, so it feels like it might just be more of a proof-of-concept (or something for people more skilled than I am) for the Stage3 bootstraps. I'm also looking at TWLoader, and it doesn't look like it supports the EZFlash.

The card's on the newest official firmware, and I'm trying to get it to run on an a9lh/Luma N3DS with 11.2 that's most likely going to get updated to 11.3 at some point. I'm willing to change the firmware, and I'm also willing to just buy a new flashcard if it's more hassle than it's worth.

EDIT: Just found NTR Launcher, it doesn't seem to have a compatibility list, but I'll try it when I can.

Last edited by Ewo,

amrsy7211

Trophies
XP
Country
“Failed to mount CTRNAND” error and can't boot into decrypt9. or anything else actually. luma3ds is the only thing that pops up when booting

Last edited by amrsy7211,

leon0831

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Why are you downgrading to 9.2? Are you following the most up to date version of http://3ds.guide?

The blue cart method only works on 4.x. If you have a9lh (from following http://3ds.guide), you can make your Gateway card work with it by following https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691

But make sure to use an emuNAND, and never ever boot Gateway in sysNAND mode, otherwise a9lh might be erased (or maybe your device bricked) (there have been several reports of people losing a9lh by using Gateway in sysNAND mode even though they didn't update there).

I don't have an emuNAND in the a9lh done new3ds.... how do I make one?

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there a homebrew to connect to a WPA/WPA2 Wifi within a R4-card? because the R4 uses the settings from the DS Wifi Connection, but i dont have an WEP Wifi

IDris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I updated my emunand 3ds from notice update to the latest firmware, after it shutdown the screen is always black when i try to enter it. I do have a emunand backup working but there is a way to keep games and saves? (not a9lh)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to dump my carts and install them on my home menu?

I followed the https://3ds.guide/ in December on my new 3DS XL.

I tried using hourglass 9 to dump it to .cia but I could not install the file with FBI. I remember awhile back I did this and I think I had to use a program on the computer to make the .cia installable....is this still how to do it?

actually it seems I only having trouble with certain games. A link between worlds is working fine but I had trouble with smash bros. and mario party island tour.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What is the best way to dump my carts and install them on my home menu?

I followed the https://3ds.guide/ in December on my new 3DS XL.

I tried using hourglass 9 to dump it to .cia but I could not install the file with FBI. I remember awhile back I did this and I think I had to use a program on the computer to make the .cia installable....is this still how to do it?

actually it seems I only having trouble with certain games. A link between worlds is working fine but I had trouble with smash bros. and mario party island tour.
Do you have enough space on your SD to install them?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't have an emuNAND in the a9lh done new3ds.... how do I make one?
You can use emuNAND9. Launch it as a Luma payload same as Hourglass9 etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes definitely do. I was able to dump to .cia with those but I would get an error when i tried to install it.

I will have to try again tonight since it seemed to work today with zelda
Test your SD card with H2testw, it might be fake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I updated my emunand 3ds from notice update to the latest firmware, after it shutdown the screen is always black when i try to enter it. I do have a emunand backup working but there is a way to keep games and saves? (not a9lh)
You need to be on the most recent Luma. Download the latest files. 11.3 will not work with any other CFW (although the is a workaround for Corbenik I think).

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what exactly is an emunand and how would one set one up? I already have CFW and such, and I keep seeing mention of this but I haven't really looked into it...

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what exactly is an emunand and how would one set one up? I already have CFW and such, and I keep seeing mention of this but I haven't really looked into it...
Emunand is an emulated sys nand (if I'm correct) I don't exactly know the practical use for one but have others tell you that I'm no expert on emunand.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
ive been away for quite sometime. can someone guide me to the right direction. ive a9lh and fw 9.2 for both emunand and sysnand. if im not mistaken, the best fw is 11.2 but latest is 11.3. so how im able to upgrade to 11.2 instead?. using sysupdater?. i wanna keep a9lh as well. tq

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ive been away for quite sometime. can someone guide me to the right direction. ive a9lh and fw 9.2 for both emunand and sysnand. if im not mistaken, the best fw is 11.2 but latest is 11.3. so how im able to upgrade to 11.2 instead?. using sysupdater?. i wanna keep a9lh as well. tq
Update Luma to 6.6 (download the arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma's GitHub and replace the one on your root), then update normally. There's no harm in being on 11.3 if you have a9lh. But never boot Gateway in sysNAND mode on 11.3 if you have one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!