• Views 4,463,647
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumping the game that you've bought on eShop, then giving that CIA to your friend to install is also illegal. What you're doing is no different. If you download a game from an iso site, it's a CIA dump. If you dump a game yourself and give it to your friend it's still a CIA dump. It's illegal either way, because the title key for that game is yours and yours only. While I understand that if the games were physical copies you could just trade games - essentially loaning a game to your friend, the "loaning a game" concept does and can not apply to digital games. Plus you're not loaning here - once your friend installs the CIA onto their console they now have a permanent copy of that game .. for free. It's literally the same thing.

Also it's worth noting that instead of going through the trouble of dumping the game and giving it to your friend (which again, is illegal), you could've just dumped your enctitlekey.bin for that game, given it to your friend who could've used that specific key to download it from Nintendo's servers by using freeShop. What you want to do is illegal and so would this method be, but it would at least save you time considerably. Or you know, you could just download it from freeShop with an enctitlekey you got from online that contains titlekeys for all games. It literally makes no difference.

You're free to do as you like but don't kid yourself that what you want to do is somehow different from just simply downloading it. And remember that we live in Finland. No one's gonna come knock on your door and drag you away for piracy .. That does not happen in Finland unless you pirate Finnish music - then all hell is loose.

I already explained but all you have to do is follow the guide from the very beginning as if using a stock console. Pretend you have no emuNAND. When you get to the part "Installing arm9loaderhax" you will, after installation, restore the backup you earlier made. But instead of restoring a sysNAND backup, you will flash your emuNAND onto your sysNAND. You can prep for this by already creating an emuNAND backup but according to you, you already created such a backup anyway.

Ok thanks. One last dumb question because I think I know the answer. If I format my sd. I should just automatically start fully stock on 9.2 correct? Like emunand and reinand didn't exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to adjust the screen when the 3DS is playing GBA games? I'm playing an injected copy of Advance Wars, as an example, and the screen isn't lined up quite properly. The top cuts off, just a little, and the bit it cuts off shows up at the bottom of the screen. Which is weird.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok thanks. One last dumb question because I think I know the answer. If I format my sd. I should just automatically start fully stock on 9.2 correct? Like emunand and reinand didn't exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you format your SD you'll lose your backups lol.. Among other things You don't really have to do anything as far as I know. Just follow the guide and leave your SD untouched. Once you've completed the guide and transitioned from emu to sysNAND, you can then remove the emuNAND partition from your SD card to save space.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just went online with Pokemon Moon without updating to 11.3 - I was expecting a prompt to do so but it connected without requiring me to do a system update to 11.3 (I'm on 11.2 w/ a9lh + Luma)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dumping the game that you've bought on eShop, then giving that CIA to your friend to install is also illegal. What you're doing is no different. If you download a game from an iso site, it's a CIA dump. If you dump a game yourself and give it to your friend it's still a CIA dump. It's illegal either way, because the title key for that game is yours and yours only. While I understand that if the games were physical copies you could just trade games - essentially loaning a game to your friend, the "loaning a game" concept does and can not apply to digital games. Plus you're not loaning here - once your friend installs the CIA onto their console they now have a permanent copy of that game .. for free. It's literally the same thing.

Also it's worth noting that instead of going through the trouble of dumping the game and giving it to your friend (which again, is illegal), you could've just dumped your enctitlekey.bin for that game, given it to your friend who could've used that specific key to download it from Nintendo's servers by using freeShop. What you want to do is illegal and so would this method be, but it would at least save you time considerably. Or you know, you could just download it from freeShop with an enctitlekey you got from online that contains titlekeys for all games. It literally makes no difference.

You're free to do as you like but don't kid yourself that what you want to do is somehow different from just simply downloading it. And remember that we live in Finland. No one's gonna come knock on your door and drag you away for piracy .. That does not happen in Finland unless you pirate Finnish music - then all hell is loose.

I already explained but all you have to do is follow the guide from the very beginning as if using a stock console. Pretend you have no emuNAND. When you get to the part "Installing arm9loaderhax" you will, after installation, restore the backup you earlier made. But instead of restoring a sysNAND backup, you will flash your emuNAND onto your sysNAND. You can prep for this by already creating an emuNAND backup but according to you, you already created such a backup anyway.
I just feel better when noone can track me

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So does the H&S injection still work on 11.3? The 3DS guide hasn't been updated on that department so I'd like to assume it does but if it doesn't how's a freshly modded console supposed to get FBI? HBL doesn't work anymore so can't install it with alternative method. Because now if you mod a console, after restoring backup you'll update .. to 11.3 obviously. And afterwards you're supposed to inject FBI into H&S.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does the H&S injection still work on 11.3? The 3DS guide hasn't been updated on that department so I'd like to assume it does but if it doesn't how's a freshly modded console supposed to get FBI? HBL doesn't work anymore so can't install it with alternative method. Because now if you mod a console, after restoring backup you'll update .. to 11.3 obviously. And afterwards you're supposed to inject FBI into H&S.

Yeah it works on 11.3. I did it after my system transfer borked and I didn't have FBI on the target 3ds. Still hoping someone can shed some light there.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah it works on 11.3. I did it after my system transfer borked and I didn't have FBI on the target 3ds. Still hoping someone can shed some light there.

System Transfer can't transfer custom titles like FBI lol. Only purchased games or downloaded demos. That's why when you did the downgrade method with system transfer before 11.2 was fully exploitable you had to edit an existing game and use a modded save file, and so when you transferred that legit game onto the target system you'd be able to launch HBL on that system thanks to the edits you made on the source system.

Thanks on the answer about HS inject tho. I'm modding a console tomorrow and I'm already slightly worried - It's by some kid who tried to mod it but got scared halfway. Now his console is (according to him), on 2.1 but he has no backups whatsoever. So not only I need to install A9LH, but I need to do 9.2 ctrtransfer which I've fortunately never had to do before ..

Last edited by Distrance,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
System Transfer can't transfer custom titles like FBI lol. Only purchased games or downloaded demos. That's why when you did the downgrade method with system transfer before 11.2 was fully exploitable you had to edit an existing game and use a modded save file, and so when you transferred that legit game onto the target system you'd be able to launch HBL on that system thanks to the edits you made on the source system.

Thanks on the answer about HS inject tho. I'm modding a console tomorrow and I'm already slightly worried - It's by some kid who tried to mod it but got scared halfway. Now his console is (according to him), on 2.1 but he has no backups whatsoever. So not only I need to install A9LH, but I need to do 9.2 ctrtransfer which I've fortunately never had to do before ..
Did the whole guide yesterday on my brother's 3ds and updated it to 11.3 after installing luma. Only problem is, that I was unable to do dspdump.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I bricked my n3ds because i update my FW while i was in the 2.1, how can i recover it?

And why did you update it instead of following the guide? If you ran into trouble with installing A9LH why not come here then, not AFTER you brick?

IF A9LH is installed you can get into Hourglass9 by holding Start and powering on the console if you have start_Hourglass9.bin file in your Luma/payloads folder. If you do NOT have A9LH installed the only way to recover is a hardmod with the NAND backup. If you do NOT have a NAND backup, you are permanently bricked.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You have neither A9LH installed nor a NAND backup? Then yeah your 3DS is now a paperweigth

Well he didn't specify so I just listed all three possibilites in this scenario. And since his only reply was the post above .. who knows. Maybe he fixed it and just forgot to thank and report back .. or maybe he ragequit .. Guess we'll never know if he doesn't return :rolleyes:

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a system transfer from an a9lh 3ds to an a9lh 3ds. it errored out on the target system after step 5 of 5 (transferring eshop). it formatted the source system. i have an older nand backup of the source system just in case. i've restored this to the source 3ds for now. i moved the microsd card from the source system to the target system, but it didn't recognize the data in it. now, there is a new id folder in the nintendo 3ds folder. is there anyway to recover and use from the old folder? i have backups of everything. i was able to link my nnid to the target 3ds so the transfer worked fine on N's end, but I can't access the data thats in the nintendo 3ds folder.. thought I'd be able to simply reinstall tickets and be on my way, but this appears to be tougher than that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know, my issue is that the target 3ds doesnt show legitimate games

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well he didn't specify so I just listed all three possibilites in this scenario. And since his only reply was the post above .. who knows. Maybe he fixed it and just forgot to thank and report back .. or maybe he ragequit .. Guess we'll never know if he doesn't return :rolleyes:
Then let's hope for the best :creep:

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been a few months.

I am gonna buy a new new 3ds xl in store tommorow, what version can i generally expect to be it on?

And what is the latest guide to get a cfw on a new 3ds?

Also, is it safe to go online with moon/sun.cia or should i buy the original game for that?

thanks

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Been a few months.

I am gonna buy a new new 3ds xl in store tommorow, what version can i generally expect to be it on?

And what is the latest guide to get a cfw on a new 3ds?

Also, is it safe to go online with moon/sun.cia or should i buy the original game for that?

thanks
If it's not second handed, then <=11.2, which is CFWable.
The recomended guide http://3ds.guide
And it's safe to go online with cias unless you use game sync with an obvious cheated save

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

Is there any FTP in CIA version like there is with JKSM?
I normally use FTP via Homebrew, but since there are no payloads yet, i was wondering if i can use another ftp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work