• Likes 43

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
Hi all, a query you may be able to support with...(apologies, posted this in a similar thread but thought it may gain more traction here).

I got a n3DS for Christmas and it's on 10.7.0-32E. Figured I'd see what it can do with some Homebrew.
I followed the 3DS.guide article but my router didn't block the conntest.Nintendo website correctly (BT Home Hub can only block via request in "MyBT" Login page and not directly via the router) Annoyingly these requests mustn't block them correctly.
I now get the "update browser" nag when I try to launch the browser exploit.
Could someone assist with some simple steps of what I need to do next? Is a format required? (It's an Ambassador n3DS if that makes a difference).

PS:
I've access to another router that can block websites at a friends house.
I also own OoT cart if that means I can do the OoThax? (Never done before)

Thanks in anticipation!

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
yeah, but probably as close as we can get for ds software (without flashcard, from sd)
Not worth for hacking though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all, a query you may be able to support with...(apologies, posted this in a similar thread but thought it may gain more traction here).

I got a n3DS for Christmas and it's on 10.7.0-32E. Figured I'd see what it can do with some Homebrew.
I followed the 3DS.guide article but my router didn't block the conntest.Nintendo website correctly (BT Home Hub can only block via request in "MyBT" Login page and not directly via the router) Annoyingly these requests mustn't block them correctly.
I now get the "update browser" nag when I try to launch the browser exploit.
Could someone assist with some simple steps of what I need to do next? Is a format required? (It's an Ambassador n3DS if that makes a difference).

PS:
I've access to another router that can block websites at a friends house.
I also own OoT cart if that means I can do the OoThax? (Never done before)

Thanks in anticipation!
You need another way to go to Hbl to use oothax

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not worth for hacking though

You need another way to go to Hbl to use oothax
Or they can get a Powersaves device (which I highly recommend they get because the oothax sploit installer in the Homebrew Launcher is not reliable at all, imo).

Reactions: Tapedeck

Slingy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I just got my first nintendo 3ds xl today, and I succeded with Plailect's awesome guide. I just want to know what to do now. Can I update my SysNAND to version 11+ without loosing any functionality? Or should I create an EmuNAND and update there?
If I should do the second option, could you please point me to a good guide for it?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for this noob question

Slingy

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I just got my first nintendo 3ds xl today, and I succeded with Plailect's awesome guide. I just want to know what to do now. Can I update my SysNAND to version 11+ without loosing any functionality? Or should I create an EmuNAND and update there?
If I should do the second option, could you please point me to a good guide for it?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for this noob question

Slingy
If you followed Plailect's guide, you would have read that it's safe to update to the latest and to not ask if it is safe. :/ You do not need an EmuNAND.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
AAAh, then im out of luck. Cheers for the reply mate.

I might be able to find a Guitar Rock Tour cartridge. Its the DS game right?

Given that no one really answered your question - the answer no. A cartridge will not work. The reason the DSiWare exploit works is because DSiWare titles can read and write to/from NAND. Why it works with only these four titles I can't say, but even if a cartridge existed of these four games, that cartridge would not write or read from NAND, so it would not be usable for the exploit.

Your cheapest bet would be to find an used 2DS/3DS at 10.7 or less and hack that, then use it to hack your current console. That's basically what I did for a friend, as I was able to obtain a 2DS for $60, which I could definitely re-sell for at least that now that it's hacked.

Reactions: EdgarFlores

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a n3dsxl on 11.1u fw over the holidays, I already have a o3ds on a9lh+luma and I want to downgrade the n3dsxl I do not own any of the dsiware exploit games

What are my options for downgrade the n3dsxl?

I used Sudoku for mine (US). There are others listed on 3ds.guide depending on region.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds (A) with a9lh. I want to use that 3ds to purchase Dsiware and system transfer to a 11.x 3ds (B). I'm going to be downgrading 3ds B. I plan to use PC transfer and simply take the microsd from A and put it in B. Will I lose any save games or other data? Can I do this without upgrading 3ds B?

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds (A) with a9lh. I want to use that 3ds to purchase Dsiware and system transfer to a 11.x 3ds (B). I'm going to be downgrading 3ds B. I plan to use PC transfer and simply take the microsd from A and put it in B. Will I lose any save games or other data? Can I do this without upgrading 3ds B?

Console B will have all the games (purchased games) and saves via the SD card. You should always make a NAND backup of the source (A) before system transfer. I would also back up your saves for games installed on system B if you want them - those will be overwritten. You don't have to update B. You can access homebrew and use ctr-httpwn. This bypasses the need to be on latest firmwarefor system transfer (also eShop access).

Last edited by fireguy85,

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console B will have all the games (purchased games) and saves via the SD card. You should always make a NAND backup of the source (A) before system transfer. I would also back up your saves for games installed on system B if you want them - those will be overwritten. You don't have to update B. You can access homebrew and use ctr-httpwn. This bypasses the need to be on latest firmwarefor system transfer (also eShop access).

Thanks for your help! Is it better to have the target on 11.2 or 11.0-33? I figure I have to use dsiware anyway, so I was considering the upgrade.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help! Is it better to have the target on 11.2 or 11.0-33? I figure I have to use dsiware anyway, so I was considering the upgrade.

I would not update and I did not update mine from 11.0. However there is a new free hax out now called soundhax which is compatible with all current firmware which would allow you access to homebrew.

Last edited by fireguy85,

anadelta21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Srry, I have a very dumb and noob question.
I have an O3DS with 11.1 and an O3DS running Luma, I don't have a way to enter Homebrew on the O3DS with 11.1 except for OoT but the tutorial is a little confuse to me, I actually don't get it (I'm very noob like I said).

Isn't better if I update to 11.2 and follow the steelhax thing to do the transfer from 11.2 to 11.2 and then the Dgtools to dowgrade the FW? I will be able to launch HBL thanks to the steelhax transfer, right?.

Sorry for the questions. Thanks in advance.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I have an O3DS with 11.1 and an O3DS running Luma, I don't have a way to enter Homebrew on the O3DS with 11.1 except for OoT but the tutorial is a little confuse to me, I actually don't get it (I'm very noob like I said).

Isn't better if I update to 11.2 and follow the steelhax thing to do the transfer from 11.2 to 11.2 and then the Dgtools to dowgrade the FW? I will be able to launch HBL thanks to the steelhax transfer, right?.

You're totally right

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country

Now you can use a free primary entrypoint called soundhax https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-soundhax.454760/

RobGee789

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HacksDen.com
XP
Country
hey guys i just used soundhax on my o3ds and it worked great but i cant get anything from the eshop because it wants me to set a nintendo id, but i cant because it tries to make me update to 11.2, any ideas on how to get around this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo