• Views 4,472,538
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 6.2.0-9u so I have to use decrypt9. I don't know how I got on that firmware

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have followed this guide step by step but when I get to the ctr transfer step none of the torrent links work. All dead and I can't for the life of me find this file "2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.zip" anywhere online.
Found a mega link. Woo hoo. Onward and upward. Downloading now.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 6.2.0-9u so I have to use decrypt9. I don't know how I got on that firmware

Found a mega link. Woo hoo. Onward and upward. Downloading now.
back to looking for links again. The torrents in the arm9loaderhax step are all dead too. Sheesh

hey do you have the file payload_stage1.bin and know where to put it? i got to the arm9installer part and it wasnt in any of the files i downloaded

I'm on firmware 2.1.0-4U now. Now I can't get past the "Installing arm9loaderhax" step because all the torrents are dead
Were you able to find these three files on step "Installing arm9loaderhax"?

aeskeydb.bin
data_input_v3.zip
fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip

I can't find them anywhere

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back to looking for links again. The torrents in the arm9loaderhax step are all dead too. Sheesh

I'm on firmware 2.1.0-4U now. Now I can't get past the "Installing arm9loaderhax" step because all the torrents are dead
Were you able to find these three files on step "Installing arm9loaderhax"?

aeskeydb.bin
data_input_v3.zip
fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip

I can't find them anywhere
Try clicking on the name of the torrent, instead of the magnet link. I'm on my iPad and I was able to download the torrents.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try clicking on the name of the torrent, instead of the magnet link. I'm on my iPad and I was able to download the torrents.
You were able to recently?

I tried both. The name gives the .torrent file and the magnet link goes strait to my torrent program. Neither download. Hmmm. If you did this recently then maybe I have some blocking enabled.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were able to recently?

I tried both. The name gives the .torrent file and the magnet link goes strait to my torrent program. Neither download. Hmmm. If you did this recently then maybe I have some blocking enabled.
Granted, I'm on my iPad and I don't have a torrent app. I was able to download the .torrent files through Safari and save them to my Dropbox as a test just now.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So in 2 days im getting a new 3ds XL and i was wondering;

-How could i avoid my N3DS getting bricked?. I know some obvious ones (like using N3DS files instead of O3DS) but i've been hearing the OTPLess method has been bricking consoles.:unsure:
-Also , does the battery pop up if you quit the backplate? Can i do safely the method without having to put the screws to the backplate or i can just put the backplate without putting the screws? I ask this since i fear my battery popping out on a important step (9.2 downgrade) and bricking :(

Thank you :wub:

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Granted, I'm on my iPad and I don't have a torrent app. I was able to download the .torrent files through Safari and save them to my Dropbox as a test just now.
OK so I got through the guide. everything worked great.

I'm still missing some understanding tho. I used a 4gb SD card to do all the steps in the guide. I transfered a 3gb Cia game to the SD and tried to install it with FBI. it failed and said out of resources.

So I tried copying everything from the 4gb to a 16gb SD card. the 3ds won't boot with the new 16gb card now.

Edit: Never mind, just needed to do a hard reset.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hey do you have the file payload_stage1.bin and know where to put it? i got to the arm9installer part and it wasnt in any of the files i downloaded
It's in the arm9loaderhax download in release.7z

So in 2 days im getting a new 3ds XL and i was wondering;

-How could i avoid my N3DS getting bricked?. I know some obvious ones (like using N3DS files instead of O3DS) but i've been hearing the OTPLess method has been bricking consoles.:unsure:
-Also , does the battery pop up if you quit the backplate? Can i do safely the method without having to put the screws to the backplate or i can just put the backplate without putting the screws? I ask this since i fear my battery popping out on a important step (9.2 downgrade) and bricking :(

Thank you :wub:
You can put the back plate it without doing up the screws. It'll hold As sling as dupe holding the console with fingers underneath, or have it on a flat surface (don't pick it up by the top screen). Don't do the guide with the back plate off, that's just asking for the battery to fall out.

pyro42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a banned console (o3ds)
I am getting a new console (n3ds)
I have progress on CIA games I wish to transfer to cartridge.
I have eshop purchases I wish to keep (redownloading is fine).

Can I use JKSM to export saves from CIA and import them onto a cartridge?
Will I be able to just sign in with my NNID on the new console and redownload?
Do I need to do a System Transfer? I understand a System Transfer from a Banned console is not advisable. Would Nintendo really ban a brand new unmodified system?

Last edited by pyro42,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm buying a new 3DS XL tomorrow, which flashcart can I use to play 3DS games on it? Any link to the actual product?
You don't need a flashcart. Just follow https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
If it is on 11.0 or higher, you'll additionally need to get a hardmod or a second hacked console to do a DSiWare downgrade. The details are on the guide. If a hardmod is needed then refer here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

django112

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Plz reply fast

Doing the DsiwareHAX to downgrade. Which option should I choose in the Transfer?

FB_IMG_1479467931902.jpg

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Plz reply fast

Doing the DsiwareHAX to downgrade. Which option should I choose in the Transfer?

View attachment 69313
Wireless will move all data, minimum wireless will just move your saves and not your games which you'll have to redownload, and PC-based will not move any data, you will have to transfer it to a microSD yourself (or just move the SD card if you are using a micro SD in an adapter in the old 3DS).
It shouldn't matter, as long as you chose to move DSiWare to the SD card when prompted.

hello, what does moving ones emunand mean? are we talking about the installed games/saves?
Flashing it to sysNAND then deleting the emuNAND partition, so all your data is on your sysNAND and you no longer have an emuNAND.

Thank you, does homebrew like this let you play online?
Yes. Note that trying to play online with Sky3DS would be a bit of bother to avoid being banned. But with CFW you won't be (unless you play games online before their release date...)

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

RockmanPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I finally bought an already hacked O3DS. As I'm in Peru, it costed me almost an entire paycheck, but it was worth it.

I have some issues with it, though, and I would love that you guys help me as I know next to nothing of the 3DS scene. All of these questions are product of my 2-day research on it, I haven't touched the WiFi switch at all.

1) It came with EmuNAND and RXTools. As far as I understand, RXTools (and EmuNAND itself) are outdated and it's recommended that I actually install ARM9 and Luma into the SysNand. Would I have any problems if I do that? The SysNAND firmware is 9.2.0.

2) The seller insisted that the 3DS should came with the leaked Pokemon Moon .cia pre-installed as a bonus in EmuNAND. I'm not sure if it is the leaked version or the actual FreeShop version. To be sure of it (and due to the recent banwaves), I want to delete it as soon as possible and resume my game later, but I don't want to lose the save data (I found a legit shiny Yumgoos). What's the process to backup savedata from EmuNAND and restore it into the new shiny Luma SysNAND?

3) It came with FBI, and that installs .cias, right? Haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming is similar to the Wii's WADManager? I read something about TitleKeys.

4) Right now, when I turn on the 3DS a few buzz-static screens appear and a "CFW selector" with the words "Yakareando" shows up before auto-loading the EmuNAND. From what I infer, the seller followed a tutorial to install RXTools from a colombian website. The only way to load the SysNAND right now is to turn on the 3DS with the SD card removed. As far as I'm reading, for the Luma install guide I need easy Access to the SySNand, so how do I turn off the AutoBoot? Even better, what files should I delete? I'll post a pic of my SD folder later.

5) In the guide of the Luma install, I don't understand the 4th step in the "Install Arm9loaderhax" part. What exactly am I backupin'? The guide says that before doing this step I should transfer my EmuNand content to the SysNand and ignore step 1, so after that should I do step 2?

6) My endgoal is installing FreeShop. In all of these questions, what are the bricking risks?

I know I'm asking alot but this little machine costed me quite a handful (I'll be in debt for the entire next year) so I'm pouring all of my heart onto it. Thanks in advance.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do I use gateway with the latest luma?

I dont care about autoboot, quickboot, or anything special. Just need the ability to run gateway, as I have a few .3ds files that dont work when converted to cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: