• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

AxeEon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have new 3ds xl 11.2 i plan on nfirm downgrading once I do that the cfw nnid will be put on the new 3ds xl. How can I put back the original nnid on the downgraded console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay I have new 3ds xl 11.2 i plan on nfirm downgrading once I do that the cfw nnid will be put on the new 3ds xl. How can I put back the original nnid on the downgraded console?
Format and sign back into your NNID. You'll lose all your data (this happens as soon as you have to format to be able to do the system transfer)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Im sorry im dumb I guess but if I format newely downgraded system would I still keep hourglass and arm9hax?
Yep. Format the system through System Settings, not the SD card :-) (take the SD card out of the console before you format so it doesn't get wiped)

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: AxeEon
P

PaiiNSteven

Random question; is there a cia available that jumps to a random title on the 3DS? I want to put it on a question mark block badge as a little gimmick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone happen to know what FW comes default on the "
Nintendo New 3DS XL Special Edition: Lime Green (Amazon Exclusive)" ?
11.0 and above. Sorry.

P

PaiiNSteven

Darn. What's the "safest" N3DS XL to get at the moment then? Likely one that's been sitting at Walmart for ages in just the normal color types I imagine?
Its not XL, but I heard the SM3D land ones were 10.7. Better hurry, gamestops are forcibly updating their 3DS'. Otherwise, look on the 3dshacks subreddit for a list of system ids with their specified firmwares.

dsdork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuck on
Section V - Injecting FBI
I hardmodded my 11.0.0-33u and was able to downgrade and get to the point where I have Hourglass9 loading when holding start in this bart of the tutorial: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I was able to dump the hs.app and see it on my SD card next to the other files I added like the one I need: FBI_v2.4.2_O3DS_USA_injectable

The issue is when I hit step 4, I can only choose the ha.app, none of the others show up when I hit the dpad. any suggestions?

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my 3ds In a while it's still on 10.7 (sysnand on 9.2). does NTR still run if I update it to 11.2? or is there an online patch fix so I can just continue not updating?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuck on
Section V - Injecting FBI
I hardmodded my 11.0.0-33u and was able to downgrade and get to the point where I have Hourglass9 loading when holding start in this bart of the tutorial: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I was able to dump the hs.app and see it on my SD card next to the other files I added like the one I need: FBI_v2.4.2_O3DS_USA_injectable

The issue is when I hit step 4, I can only choose the ha.app, none of the others show up when I hit the dpad. any suggestions?

Make sure that there is a folder named "files9" on your SD Card and that you have the injectable file in that folder.

I haven't updated my 3ds In a while it's still on 10.7 (sysnand on 9.2). does NTR still run if I update it to 11.2? or is there an online patch fix so I can just continue not updating?

Updating should be fine, NTR works on the latest 11.2 firmware.

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed CFW on a n3ds a few months ago using Plailect's guide. I think it was Luma3ds, but may have been CakesFW.

Is there a way to check:
1) that it is safe to upgrade firmware through the system options or when a cart. is in? (that is, will the CFW, etc., stay in place and not be broken?)
2) what CFW type and version I currently have?

Thanks!

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed CFW on a n3ds a few months ago using Plailect's guide. I think it was Luma3ds, but may have been CakesFW.

Is there a way to check:
1) that it is safe to upgrade firmware through the system options or when a cart. is in? (that is, will the CFW, etc., stay in place and not be broken?)
2) what CFW type and version I currently have?

Thanks!

If you used Plailect's guide, it was Luma3DS for sure.

1) It is safe to update and nothing should be broken besides Homebrew (you'd need to update it, depending on whatever you're using as your primary exploit)
2) Hold "Select" while you boot your 3DS up. If a configuration screen pops up and says "Luma3DS vX.X configuration" than you have Luma3DS.
If that dosen't show up, you probably have Cakes then.

Reactions: parvulus

bass_888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't update to the latest version after installing a9lh then FBI injection will not work.

Many thanks! So to clarify, I skip step 1 and 2 of section IV and just do step 3 which is updating the system firmware via update settings on the 3ds system.

Is there any benefit of updating the system firmware?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Many thanks! So to clarify, I skip step 1 and 2 of section IV and just do step 3 which is updating the system firmware via update settings on the 3ds system.

Is there any benefit of updating the system firmware?
You can play recently released games. Also newer updates of homebrew may assume you're in the latest firmware and have a chance of not working if you're not

Reactions: bass_888

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to buy a brand new 2DS system that came with the pre-installed Mario Kart 7, should I install Luma CFW onto it by following all the steps from start to finish carefully on Plailect's guide? Someone get back to me soon as I wait, please.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to buy a brand new 2DS system that came with the pre-installed Mario Kart 7, should I install Luma CFW onto it by following all the steps from start to finish carefully on Plailect's guide? Someone get back to me soon as I wait, please.
Don't get the ones that come with it pre-installed. Those are almost guaranteed to be 11.0 or higher, thus you can't get CFW on it for free. Get the ones with the game as a DL code. But yes, you woul use Plailect's guide to install CFW.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get the ones that come with it pre-installed. Those are almost guaranteed to be 11.0 or higher, thus you can't get CFW on it for free. Get the ones with the game as a DL code. But yes, you woul use Plailect's guide to install CFW.
Okay. Just the one with the DL code of the game. Gotcha. That is the one I should go after. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo