• Views 4,473,630
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i have al9h, what is the best way to update animal crossing?

Freeshop?

Also, can i update the system to the last firmware

(Current version is the last one before the new one)
If you have arm9loaderhax with updated Luma3DS (v6.5) go ahead and update to 11.2.0-35 and download the update from the eShop. I don't think that freeShop has the New Leaf update. Or you could try and get it from that iso site.

Reactions: SuperNintendo64

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If you have arm9loaderhax with updated Luma3DS (v6.5) go ahead and update to 11.2.0-35 and download the update from the eShop. I don't think that freeShop has the New Leaf update. Or you could try and get it from that iso site.

11.02.0-35 is the latest official firmware?

Thanks for the reply

DealerDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL with firmware under 11.0 so I can install CFW very easily without a system transfer. How to check the serial number and where can I get a list of serials and their respective firmware? I'll be buying from Europe because I need an EUR 3DS. Also, if I buy a New 3DS XL and install the CFW on it, will I be able to transfer everything from my old european 3DS with OFW, without losing saves of virtual console games?

Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I want to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL with firmware under 11.0 so I can install CFW very easily without a system transfer. How to check the serial number and where can I get a list of serials and their respective firmware? I'll be buying from Europe because I need an EUR 3DS. Also, if I buy a New 3DS XL and install the CFW on it, will I be able to transfer everything from my old european 3DS with OFW, without losing saves of virtual console games?

Thanks
If you buy brand new you are nearly guaranteed to get an exploitable system (just don't buy a special edition from the last few months). If second hand, ask to see a pic of the settings screen.

Reactions: OrGoN3

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And new backups wont override older backups?
You can save your backups to different names, such as sysNAND.bin, NAND.bin, NAND_sys.bin. You can use Up and Down on the D-Pad to change the name of the backup. If you have a backup called, for example, sysNAND.bin, when you use the D-Pad to select a name, it'll show sysNAND.bin to let you know that you already have a backup with that name. You can also use your computer to rename backups, such as putting the system model/firmware version/date as the filename.

SyberStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone.

I've been out of the 3DS hacking loop for a long time now and all of this new information is very overwhelming. I'd just like to know something.

I currently have a gateway 3DS and it's served me well. My question is with all these new flashcart-less hacks, is there really any reason for me to not keep on using my gateway? The only thing I use it for is to play games.

Thanks in advance!

alphanator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can save your backups to different names, such as sysNAND.bin, NAND.bin, NAND_sys.bin. You can use Up and Down on the D-Pad to change the name of the backup. If you have a backup called, for example, sysNAND.bin, when you use the D-Pad to select a name, it'll show sysNAND.bin to let you know that you already have a backup with that name. You can also use your computer to rename backups, such as putting the system model/firmware version/date as the filename.

So what firmware version should I label it as, since I followed the guide.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone.

I've been out of the 3DS hacking loop for a long time now and all of this new information is very overwhelming. I'd just like to know something.

I currently have a gateway 3DS and it's served me well. My question is with all these new flashcart-less hacks, is there really any reason for me to not keep on using my gateway? The only thing I use it for is to play games.

Thanks in advance!
A9LH lets your console behave like a stock console only with brick protection and being able to install anything you want on it. If you don't want to use your Gateway card anymore it is definitely worth while. If you want to keep using it, is a little fiddly to get it working with a9lh, and Gateway does not have firm protection so if you accidentally update on sysNAND you could brick (so you'd be better off keeping emuNAND - being able to ditch emuNAND and update sysNAND is one of the benefits of a9lh).
So up to you. If you don't enjoy messing about and hacking stuff you may prefer to keep using Gateway like you currently are.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not been on get for a while so I'm a bit out of touch but what's the best cartridge for playing 3Ds game backed up 3DS ROMs? Thanks in advance guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM