• Views 4,462,459
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my Old 3DS is 10.7 and right now I'm unable to get freakyforms or cubic ninja where I live, so I was trying to work my way around browserhax. Would blacklisting all nintendo update domains and/or whitelist the browserhax page work and let me launch Homebrew Channel? I think it's the only option I can go after right now.
If you've already gotten the update nag, you'll need a cart to access the Homebrew Launcher.

totesfabulous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am following Plailect's guide and I am stuck on Part 3 - Section 4 (Injecting FBI)

I was able to boot to Hourglass9 and do the Health&Safety Dump. But when I went to Health&Safety Inject, the only option I have is hs.app. When I press the directional buttons I don't get any options for FBI related files. I double-checked and I do have the FBI Injectable files in the Files9 folder and the FBI cia file in the cia folder.

Any idea on what I am missing?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3 i seen that "guide"... but ive tried booting my gateway emunand through luma and rxtools and i only get a black screen but only boots fine going to gateway mode...so i dont really wanna risk that

So then you'd know to use Plailect's guide to get A9LH and then use Gateway's A9v2 loader to load the red cart. During Plailect's guide, you can transfer your emunand to sysnand, or just keep emunand backup to use later on. The whole point of A9LH is also to not use emunand and just use sysnand. However, your "not wanting to risk that" is really just laziness in that if you read more about it, you'd see there is nothing to risk.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I am following Plailect's guide and I am stuck on Part 3 - Section 4 (Injecting FBI)

I was able to boot to Hourglass9 and do the Health&Safety Dump. But when I went to Health&Safety Inject, the only option I have is hs.app. When I press the directional buttons I don't get any options for FBI related files. I double-checked and I do have the FBI Injectable files in the Files9 folder and the FBI cia file in the cia folder.

Any idea on what I am missing?
I made a program to help with that issue! Download InjectorHelper.jar from quantumc.at and put it in the root of your SD card while it's in your PC. Hs.app should be in your files9 folder. Double click it to run, click Go and it will run universal inject generator and move the FBI app to the right folder in your SD card.
You might need to install Java on your PC if you don't have it already.

totesfabulous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a program to help with that issue! Download InjectorHelper.jar from quantumc.at and put it in the root of your SD card while it's in your PC. Hs.app should be in your files9 folder. Double click it to run, click Go and it will run universal inject generator and move the FBI app to the right folder in your SD card.
You might need to install Java on your PC if you don't have it already.

Great thanks! My friend just reached out to me and we noticed I skipped a step. I am still on version 2.1 it looks like the update didn't actually complete and I just did not notice.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Great thanks! My friend just reached out to me and we noticed I skipped a step. I am still on version 2.1 it looks like the update didn't actually complete and I just did not notice.
Oh yeah if you inject it on 2.1 it will go back to normal after the update and you'd have to do it again anyway.

Neonoob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I think I'm ready to take the step of installing a cfw into my o3ds but don't know where to start. I've read multiple threads, but still don't know if I would be able to if my o3ds has the firmware of 11.1.0-34.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,I've got a quick question. Do I need to use this tutorial in order to get A9LH on a FW 9.2 N3DS ? (Alredy got an emunand an all the other stuff)
I've done it some time ago on my older N3DS, but there I needed to downgrade it to 2.1 in order to get the OTP stuff. Is that no longer needed?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,I've got a quick question. Do I need to use this tutorial in order to get A9LH on a FW 9.2 N3DS ? (Alredy got an emunand an all the other stuff)
I've done it some time ago on my older N3DS, but there I needed to downgrade it to 2.1 in order to get the OTP stuff. Is that no longer needed?
Yes. It covers every possible combination of circumstances. There is a method now that means N3DS no longer needs to downgrade to 2.1.

Reactions: Zephir1991

aldrinballado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding the firmware version of a console I'd like to purchase

The vendor that I am in contact with is selling a Fire Emblem Fates New 3DS XL with serial QAH1019 and was purchased in Australia on the 19th of September most likely at EB Games.

Would this console have a firmware version below 10.7 and hence be safe to purchase?

Last edited by aldrinballado,

AASiegfried

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question regarding the NNID of a 3DS used for a firmware downgrade using Plailect's guide.

Well, the thing is, I want to downgrade a N3DS on 11.1.0-34U to install Arm9Loaderhax using the aforementioned DSiWare guide, but on "Section VI - Restoring 3DS #1" it reads:

Do one of the following (or neither if you don't mind 3DS #1's NNID being nonfunctional)
  • Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on 3DS #2, then wait one week, then System Transfer from 3DS #2 back to 3DS #1 (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS)
  • Go to the settings and attempt sign back into your initial NNID, then call Nintendo and ask about the error you get

My question is, if I do the system transfer to 3DS #2, can I use tinyformat or system format on 3DS #1 to link a new NNID to it? I want to have different NNID's on both systems and I plan to use both, but I'm afraid of bricking #1 or make it impossible to link a new NNID to it. That "NNID being nonfunctional" kind of scares me and is preventing me of trying.

Thank you

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using an O3DS XL as #1 and a N3DS XL as #2, so It's impossible to transfer back from #2.

Also, should #1 also be 11.1.0-34U? or could it have a lower firmware before doing the system transfer?

Last edited by AASiegfried,

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't done anything like this since the R4 days on my DS lite.
I Have a normal 3ds (with ambassador games).
The last time I updated it was for "Zelda: A link between worlds".

What's the best all around cart on the market?
I want to play as many different games as possible, including emulation.
I also am wondering what are the risks of running a flashcart on a 3ds? is bricking or getting banned common?
Do I need to flash/hack my 3ds to get one to work?

hardy272

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have been disconnected from 3ds scene for a while since I was playing with the vita scene :P , I have an O3DS on 10.6.0-31U with ARM9LH (used the old method to downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1 in order to extract the OTPs and compiled them, then restored my emunand with FW 10.6 on my sysnand) so I want to know what should I do in order to update to the last firmware whiel keeping the exploit (or the last available CFW)

Last edited by hardy272,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I have been disconnected from 3ds scene for a while since I was playing with the vita scene :P , I have an O3DS on 10.6.0-31U with ARM9LH (used the old method to downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1 in order to extract the OTPs and compiled them, then restored my emunand with FW 10.6 on my sysnand) so I want to know what should I do in order to update to the last firmware whiel keeping the exploit (or the last available CFW)
Put arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma on your SD card root. Then when you turn on your console the options will come up. Look at the last page of the Plailect guide to see which options to tick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question regarding the firmware version of a console I'd like to purchase

The vendor that I am in contact with is selling a Fire Emblem Fates New 3DS XL with serial QAH1019 and was purchased in Australia on the 19th of September most likely at EB Games.

Would this console have a firmware version below 10.7 and hence be safe to purchase?
It will probably have 11.0 (the American fire emblem ones have 11.0).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I have a question regarding the NNID of a 3DS used for a firmware downgrade using Plailect's guide.

Well, the thing is, I want to downgrade a N3DS on 11.1.0-34U to install Arm9Loaderhax using the aforementioned DSiWare guide, but on "Section VI - Restoring 3DS #1" it reads:

My question is, if I do the system transfer to 3DS #2, can I use tinyformat or system format on 3DS #1 to link a new NNID to it? I want to have different NNID's on both systems and I plan to use both, but I'm afraid of bricking #1 or make it impossible to link a new NNID to it. That "NNID being nonfunctional" kind of scares me and is preventing me of trying.

Thank you

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using an O3DS XL as #1 and a N3DS XL as #2, so It's impossible to transfer back from #2.

Also, should #1 also be 11.1.0-34U? or could it have a lower firmware before doing the system transfer?
After you system transfer you can set the source up as a new console. If you restore the NAND backup you can still do a system format to set it up as a new console again.

Reactions: hardy272
D

Deleted User

I was thinking,what if someone here could coach me through the a9lh process and check if I'm doing everything correctly through Kik or something since I'm on a old 3ds and downgrading to 2.1 is the riskiest part.Eather that or I wait for sun and moon first before bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo