• Views 4,464,327
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

kutiebboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, the picture I upload is my SD card right now. I cant connect to the internet with my ReiNAND, should I stay and upgrade with my ReiNAND or should I change to Luma3DS v6.3.1 and how to do that ? (what to delete ? what to move ?)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 144

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: kutiebboy

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
planning to region change my old3dsxl japan to US. what i want to know is, will i be able to restore my installed games? or just start from scratch? tnx
You should be able to keep all your games according to the guide. You don't have to reinstall all your games, they should stay. To be sure, make a NAND backup. Why do you want to change your region? Luma3DS is region-free.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hmm, how to edit boot,cfg ?. And I dont have to delete ReiNAND ? :|
Open boot.cfg in a notepad, edit the lines refering to REiNAND, replace them with the Luma3DS.3dsx path. Yes, this will delete REiNAND, but don't worry. Since you only change your CFW, all your games and saves will stay.

Reactions: kutiebboy

takasu27

Trophies
p-7 rosario, santiago city, isabela region 2
XP
Country
You should be able to keep all your games according to the guide. You don't have to reinstall all your games, they should stay. To be sure, make a NAND backup. Why do you want to change your region? Luma3DS is region-free.

i want to change my 3ds region because my menu is japanese having hard time understanding and reading em. and some of 3ds games wont work on luma even lang/region emu is on. examaple is nintendogs. anyway tnx for reply

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is browserhax working in 10.7?
Yep, it is supposed to work. You just have to follow some instructions to bypass the update message:
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

angelo22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is opening the theme menu before starting the browserhax bad? I didn't change the theme but I noticed some settings saved on the SD...
I made a backup of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder at the root of the SD though, should I replace the new one with it or can I move on to do browserhax (9.9)?

Also, the browser nag is something that can happen with my FW (9,9), right? That's why Plailect says to change the settings in the browser as quick as possible.
What can I do in case it happens?

moto999999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, it is supposed to work. You just have to follow some instructions to bypass the update message:
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.
It says that I need to update :/

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It says that I need to update :/
When does it say that? If it says that after opening the browser, follow the steps

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i want to change my 3ds region because my menu is japanese having hard time understanding and reading em. and some of 3ds games wont work on luma even lang/region emu is on. examaple is nintendogs. anyway tnx for reply
That connection bug :O

angelo22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is opening the theme menu before starting the browserhax bad? I didn't change the theme but I noticed some settings saved on the SD...
I made a backup of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder at the root of the SD though, should I replace the new one with it or can I move on to do browserhax (9.9)?

Also, the browser nag is something that can happen with my FW (9,9), right? That's why Plailect says to change the settings in the browser as quick as possible.
What can I do in case it happens?

The SD card content has definitely changed... \extdata\00000000 contains a new folder 0000002ce and also the 0000098 one has new files....how should I move?

EDIT.
Copy the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9WIP zip to /3ds/ on your SD card
In my SD that folder is called \Nintendo 3DS\ instead of \3ds\... is that okay?
EDIT 2.
Never mind that, the \3ds\ folder is part of the homebrew zip

Last edited by angelo22,

angelo22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it intended that (following Plailect's guide) after doing the NAND backup via Decrypt9, the homebrew is no longer installed? It makes sense, since I had to deleted the old \3ds folder... So, I should install it again, right?

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is it intended that (following Plailect's guide) after doing the NAND backup via Decrypt9, the homebrew is no longer installed? It makes sense, since I had to deleted the old \3ds folder... So, I should install it again, right?
It is optional, you don't have to delete it if you don't want to.
It's just some homebrew isn't needed anymore, like DSP dumper.

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
d94da4a1c436d90e62bfd17f5fd331bd.jpg
My friend has just sent me this asking for help. Its the same guy I helped previously to install A9LH + Luma using the oh so famous guide. We had some troubles before but some of you managed to help us out and everything seemed good.

All other games and homebrew work flawlessly, but this game Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Just wondering what might be wrong / causing this issue, and the way to fix it.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help us out once more.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
d94da4a1c436d90e62bfd17f5fd331bd.jpg
My friend has just sent me this asking for help. Its the same guy I helped previously to install A9LH + Luma using the oh so famous guide. We had some troubles before but some of you managed to help us out and everything seemed good.

All other games and homebrew work flawlessly, but this game Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Just wondering what might be wrong / causing this issue, and the way to fix it.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help us out once more.
What is he trying to do when this happens?
Edit: never mind saw you said Alpha Sapphire. Get him to try a different rom or download from freeShop.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What is he trying to do when this happens?
Edit: never mind saw you said Alpha Sapphire. Get him to try a different rom or download from freeShop.
He has tried the following options
1. Cart dump (mine) - FBI install (original file I gave him)
2. FreeShop

FreeShop downloded version is showing same error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: