• Views 4,538,220
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have emunand 9.2 cfw and want to update to further firmware ... will the update jump to the latest one? or update to for example 9.6 or 9.7 ...etc.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have emunand 9.2 cfw and want to update to further firmware ... will the update jump to the latest one? or update to for example 9.6 or 9.7 ...etc.
Updating will download the latest firmware from nintendo servers and install that, or use whatever update was cached in sleep mode (if you have an update nag).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No. When you format, this is all erased. You'd have to restore the pre-formatting NAND for this. (So hardmod downgrade is the only way to retain this stuff, since it doesn't require formatting - or, have a spare N3DS so you can system transfer onto it, wait seven days, do the DSiWare downgrade, wait another seven days, then transfer back from the spare N3DS).

What if I were to transfer my unhacked N3DS XL system to my hacked N3DS system?
I already told you this in my answer! Didn't you read it? Why even bother answering questions geez

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question,
Is it still possible to do Browserhax with the Date trick on 11.0 now that 11.1 is out?
Friend would like to run some homebrew stuff, updated from 9.2 to 11.0 tho -.-

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question,
Is it still possible to do Browserhax with the Date trick on 11.0 now that 11.1 is out?
Friend would like to run some homebrew stuff, updated from 9.2 to 11.0 tho -.-
Yes, you can still run Browserhax on 11.0, and set up Menuhax or other secondary entrypoints like Steelhax.
Once you have an entrypoint set up for Homebrew Launcher, you can use CTR-HTTPWN to circumvent any sort of firmware-update nagging, which will let you play games online, access the eShop, whatever services use an NNID will work including system transfers.
There's no need to update to 11.1 at all.

Last edited by RupeeClock, , Reason: correction: firmware-update nagging, not region nagging
Reactions: VioletX

marc474r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an o3DS on 4.5.0-4J and a Gateway card.
Their website has no downloads for this 3DS version anymore, should I just upgrade to 9.2 and use homebrew?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have an o3DS on 4.5.0-4J and a Gateway card.
Their website has no downloads for this 3DS version anymore, should I just upgrade to 9.2 and use homebrew?
Follow this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Start from Part 1 (Decrypt9).
Or for convenience you can download the whole guide and files required from my page quantumc.at
If you want to use your Gateway card afterwards then follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm uncertain where I can go for assistance for an issue I'm having, so I'm coming here.

The system:
n3DS, a9lh v2, most recent non-nightly non-dev version of luma.

My issue:
I updated luma no problem. Then I decided to try to update my system, which threw me an error code. I read on the thread about the new system update that sometimes the update fails if the home menu has been altered and gave me the title id and version numbers to use 3dsnus to grab a clean home menu cia. I attempted to install it via FBI. It prompted me to overwrite so I did. I got an error code which mentioned invalid comments. I decided to exit and shut down my system so I could do some looking and find other solutions and throw them onto my sd card. Since then, my system fails to boot to the main menu although I can access my luma payloads and the built-in safe mode.

So I entered safe mode close to a half an hour and it appears as if my update process has gone into a standstill and I don't recall a system update taking this long before and I do have a bit of a time limit as one of the felines chewed through the last of my 3ds ac adapters. What should I do? I do have a nand backup, but it's from april when I applied a9lh (I was planning to do monthly backups but I forgot). If all else fails, I could in fact go into hourglass9 and apply the clean a9lh nand but I'm not that comfortable with losing 5 months of game saves in the process.

Questions:
Is there a way I could actually overwrite some parts of the NAND, in a sense combine my clean backup and my current? Or should I just see if the update does anything?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm uncertain where I can go for assistance for an issue I'm having, so I'm coming here.

The system:
n3DS, a9lh v2, most recent non-nightly non-dev version of luma.

My issue:
I updated luma no problem. Then I decided to try to update my system, which threw me an error code. I read on the thread about the new system update that sometimes the update fails if the home menu has been altered and gave me the title id and version numbers to use 3dsnus to grab a clean home menu cia. I attempted to install it via FBI. It prompted me to overwrite so I did. I got an error code which mentioned invalid comments. I decided to exit and shut down my system so I could do some looking and find other solutions and throw them onto my sd card. Since then, my system fails to boot to the main menu although I can access my luma payloads and the built-in safe mode.

So I entered safe mode close to a half an hour and it appears as if my update process has gone into a standstill and I don't recall a system update taking this long before and I do have a bit of a time limit as one of the felines chewed through the last of my 3ds ac adapters. What should I do? I do have a nand backup, but it's from april when I applied a9lh (I was planning to do monthly backups but I forgot). If all else fails, I could in fact go into hourglass9 and apply the clean a9lh nand but I'm not that comfortable with losing 5 months of game saves in the process.

Questions:
Is there a way I could actually overwrite some parts of the NAND, in a sense combine my clean backup and my current? Or should I just see if the update does anything?
As long as you didn't format in the past 5 months, your saves should be fine. You will have to refresh your home menu cache though if you must use that nand backup. (through this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ime-step-history-and-cached-icon-data.439485/) If possible, get a nand backup of your current one and xorpads for it using decrypt9.

Reactions: Quantumcat

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can still run Browserhax on 11.0, and set up Menuhax or other secondary entrypoints like Steelhax.
Once you have an entrypoint set up for Homebrew Launcher, you can use CTR-HTTPWN to circumvent any sort of firmware-update nagging, which will let you play games online, access the eShop, whatever services use an NNID will work including system transfers.
There's no need to update to 11.1 at all.
The Browserhax info is false. The 11.1 update has blocked the browser on 11.0 and below systems. Going to the Browser will automatically ask you to update to 11.1, even with the DNS that blocks the update nags.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you didn't format in the past 5 months, your saves should be fine. You will have to refresh your home menu cache though if you must use that nand backup. (through this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ime-step-history-and-cached-icon-data.439485/) If possible, get a nand backup of your current one and xorpads for it using decrypt9.

I'm able to make a nand backup of my current one. Once it's done, I'll snag the xorpads. Then I'm restoring the sysnand using april's backup.

Edit: I couldn't get the xorpads and once I restored my sysnand to april's backup, I had nothing installed (except for FBI) and the system didn't recognize any save files. At least I have a home menu.

Last edited by Gregora,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Browserhax info is false. The 11.1 update has blocked the browser on 11.0 and below systems. Going to the Browser will automatically ask you to update to 11.1, even with the DNS that blocks the update nags.
Not if you have been using the DNS since before the update came out iirc, as the console still won't know there is an update available. But once it knows there is no (current) way to bypass the update nag.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1