• Views 4,471,447
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it is the best option, it's easy, and it's free compared to 3DS flash carts which are expensive and give you less features.

depends which one you get. for the DSTT I mentioned, you can set up forwarders to have DS games on your home menu.
I think these forwarder things work with the original r4 card too.

Anything else I need to get started with CFW? If I pick up a 32gb SD and the r4 card I should be able good to get started?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think these forwarder things work with the original r4 card too.

Anything else I need to get started with CFW? If I pick up a 32gb SD and the r4 card I should be able good to get started?
you only need a 3DS (which you have of course) and an SD card that's 4gb+. 4gb is good enough for setup, too small for regular use.

for forwarders, they don't work so well with the original R4 card I think. might want to look around a bit more.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updating my a9lh cfw sysnand to the latest. Do I just connect to nintendo and download it? I was just under the impression that you have to manually update it by dling something onto your sd card and such.
Yeah. Just update it like you would on a normal 3ds, via the system settings and system update.

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. You're good to start.

you only need a 3DS (which you have of course) and an SD card that's 4gb+. 4gb is good enough for setup, too small for regular use.

for forwarders, they don't work so well with the original R4 card I think. might want to look around a bit more.

Thanks both I'll give this custom firmware a go then. Once everything is installed correctly am I able to update to the latest official firmware?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK one more question then I'm done. You don't happen to know of any video guides for the arm9 guide ?
video guides are not recommended because they get outdated quickly. you should use the written guide by Plailect, it's the most updated one. if you need someone to help you through it, I can on discord or whatever.

on that note, what's your entire system version? 4.5.0-???

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi,
Is it safe to update streetpass mii plaza?
I am using Luma3DS 5.5(haven't updated) sysnand with a9lh exploit
some topics have confused me in gbatemp... :-/
thanks!

edit:all good

Last edited by PrometheusG.,
Reactions: Latyana

mrvandal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to login to multiple systems and download a purchased game to that system? I purchased field runners on a 3ds and want to download on a different system. Basically so I don't have to wait a week between system transfers and not have to re pay.

Mulder_RLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

Been out of the scene for too long... Is it safe to update EMUNAND to 11.0 and boot ReiNand? I use CtrlBootMgr and currently on 10.3...

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Been out of the scene for too long... Is it safe to update EMUNAND to 11.0 and boot ReiNand? I use CtrlBootMgr and currently on 10.3...
You should probably get the newest Reinand 4.1 (which really isn't new), then update, but you should to luma for the best cfw, along with arm9loaderhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to login to multiple systems and download a purchased game to that system? I purchased field runners on a 3ds and want to download on a different system. Basically so I don't have to wait a week between system transfers and not have to re pay.
You can't log in one account to multiple 3dses.

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
video guides are not recommended because they get outdated quickly. you should use the written guide by Plailect, it's the most updated one. if you need someone to help you through it, I can on discord or whatever.

on that note, what's your entire system version? 4.5.0-???

My full system version is 4.2.0-9e I should be able to do the arm9loader? It has has a browser too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife