xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thank goodness for this thread...
I'm stuck at part 2 of the plailect guide at step "23.Open EmuNAND9"
Wont open after many times. At step 3 it says to copy and merge the 3ds folder from the emunand9 zip, but what about the rest of the files in the zip - should I copy those too
into the root? (I didnt)

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
thank goodness for this thread...
I'm stuck at part 2 of the plailect guide at step "23.Open EmuNAND9"
Wont open after many times. At step 3 it says to copy and merge the 3ds folder from the emunand9 zip, but what about the rest of the files in the zip - should I copy those too
into the root? (I didnt)
try running plaisysupdater again

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
try running plaisysupdater again
yeah one file was missing after the first "downgrade" - thanks.
The first downgrade gave me an Nintendo error screen at the end and I couldnt boot after shutting it off (black screen), luckily removing the sd card helped to boot.
Dumping sysnand right now.

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm now at part 3 step 8. Select the "Complete RedNAND setup" option
Right at the top it says "File starter.bin was not found. Continuing without autosetup..."
Is this normal and should I just continue?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now at part 3 step 8. Select the "Complete RedNAND setup" option
Right at the top it says "File starter.bin was not found. Continuing without autosetup..."
Is this normal and should I just continue?
yes you just continue. I think the guide tells you that.

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes you just continue. I think the guide tells you that.
thanks. Sorry for these silly questions but I'm feeling like I'm juggling flaming chainsaws here and the funny stuff is yet to begin.
Anyway I'm done with part 3. It says Emu 11.0... something in RedNand system settings now.
Will do the last two parts tomorrow.

lousk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a newbie and really need your help please.

I've been reading plenty of posts here for days, but I haven't been able to decide on anything regarding the ability to play 3DS backup games.

I got a brand new NDS3 XL for my wife. It was bundled with downloadable codes for 3 games. She soon found out they weren't 3D games - how silly of N$ntendo to do that! I checked its FW version 11.0.0.33 (not sure if this is the FW that came with it, or it's been updated after initialization).

After looking at the flashcard comparison chart several times, to my little knowledge, it seems the best choice is getting her sky3ds+.

Please... I'd appreciate your feedback, perhaps pros and cons, etc. Should I better be looking at another flashcard instead?

Thanks!

Last edited by lousk,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I'm a newbie and really need your help please.

I've been reading plenty of posts here for days, but I've been able to decide on anything regarding the ability to play 3DS backup games.

I got a brand new NDS3 XL for my wife. It was bundled with downloadable codes for 3 games. She soon found out they weren't 3D games - how silly of N$ntendo to do that! I checked its FW version 11.0.0.33 (not sure if this is the FW that came with it, or it's been updated after initialization).

After looking at the flashcard comparison chart several times, to my little knowledge, it seems the best choice is getting her sky3ds+.

Please... I'd appreciate your feedback, perhaps pros and cons, etc. Should I better be looking at another flashcard instead?

Thanks!

the best option is always to look to install a CFW, but if you d0nt want a hardmod neither have another modded 3ds close then you can either buy the sky3ds or the sky3ds+, as i know the sky3ds+ is more comfortable and has some features like cheats and easier save manager, but its more expensive than the normal one (also look for good sd cards so you can store more games if you decide to buy one of those)

Last edited by rikumax25!,
Reactions: lousk

lousk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the best option is always to look to install a CFW, but if you d0nt want a hardmod neither have another modded 3ds close then you can either buy the sky3ds or the sky3ds+, as i know the sky3ds+ is more comfortable and has some features like cheats and easier save manager, but its more expensive than the normal one (also look for good sd cards so you can store more games if you decide to buy one of those)
Thank you for your response, Xandrid. I was wondering, if my current FW permits being 11.0.0.33 (w/o hardmod,) I was wondering if I'm better off with the DSTwo+ showing '11.0 w/CFW', not because it's cheaper, it seems to have more features, so it seems to me, or it's best to stick with sky3ds+?

D

Deleted User

Can Somebody Help me with Menuhax? I Tried installing it today but I got this error:

"The SaveData.dat filesize is invalid. This may mean you're running menuhax_manager on an unsupported system-version.
Filesize = 0x2cb0, expected 0x2da0.
Install failed: 0xfffffffe.

An error occured. If this is an actual issue not related to user failure, please report this to here if it persists(or comment on an already existing issue if needed), with the file from SD '/3ds/menuhax_manager/menuhax_manager.log':"

Is there a Fix to this?

Note: My System version is 11.0 NA. (N3DS)

GoMati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hiya guys! Once again me about CFWs. Basically I've looked around and found someone to bring my 3DS (old 11.0.0-33) with hardmod to CFW. He wants to do it using CFW rxTools (so I believe sysNAND stays the same and it's on redNAND) and I initially hoped for a9xl with OTP and all the backups. Should I insist on a9lh? Will I be able to go from one to another on wish?

Thanks in advance!

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya guys! Once again me about CFWs. Basically I've looked around and found someone to bring my 3DS (old 11.0.0-33) with hardmod to CFW. He wants to do it using CFW rxTools (so I believe sysNAND stays the same and it's on redNAND) and I initially hoped for a9xl with OTP and all the backups. Should I insist on a9lh? Will I be able to go from one to another on wish?

Thanks in advance!
Rxtools doesn't support a9lh. If you want a9lh, use Luma3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can Somebody Help me with Menuhax? I Tried installing it today but I got this error:

"The SaveData.dat filesize is invalid. This may mean you're running menuhax_manager on an unsupported system-version.

An error occured. If this is an actual issue not related to user failure, please report this to here if it persists(or comment on an already existing issue if needed), with the file from SD '/3ds/menuhax_manager/menuhax_manager.log':"

Is there a Fix to this?

What version of menuhax are you using?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there a Fix to this?

Are you using menuhax 3.0?

D

Deleted User

Have you previously created theme data on your memory card by accessing the theme shop least once?

Yes, But I have Deleted those themes Because I thought they were interfering with the Menuhax Installer. I also set my 3DS Theme to the Regular Black version of the Home menu so that it would work properly.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a system on 2.2.0-4e.. Do i need to go to 9.2 to come back down or is there a way to 2.1 from here? Thanks
Did you try extracting otp yet?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, But I have Deleted those themes Because I thought they were interfering with the Menuhax Installer. I also set my 3DS Theme to the Regular Black version of the Home menu so that it would work properly.
Try changing the theme at least twice, Switch to normal then back to the other color, Also make sure your wifi is on and has internet access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one