• Views 4,496,037
  • Replies 53,789
  • Likes 43

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
does gateway firmware 3.7.1 support 11.0 update? can I update my 3ds xl?

Carefull when talking about Gateway version support.
Gateway does not support 11.0 update. If your 3DS sysnand is 11.0 you are fucked. Gateway currently works with a 3DS in 9.2 version.
What you can update is the Emunand. Gateway supports EMUNAND 11.0.

I guess you already have been told about what is sysnand, emunand and how works gateway. If not, you have to take a look because it's important.
NEVER update your sysnand. Emunand CAN (and not must) be updated once gateway team or community on GBAtemp has told that you can.

** gateway is on the go to works with A9LH hax but i can't tell you wich version of the 3DS bell be support. Still, don't update the sysnand.

Last edited by koyuki38,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Carefull when talking about Gateway version support.
Gateway does not support 11.0 update. If your 3DS sysnand is 11.0 you are fucked. Gateway currently works with a 3DS in 9.2 version.
What you can update is the Emunand. Gateway supports EMUNAND 11.0.

I guess you already have been told about what is sysnand, emunand and how works gateway. If not, you have to take a look because it's important.
NEVER update your sysnand. Emunand CAN (and not must) be updated once gateway team or community on GBAtemp has told that you can.

** gateway is on the go to works with A9LH hax but i can't tell you wich version of the 3DS bell be support. Still, don't update the sysnand.
I was takin about emunand!

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay so I haven't been keeping with the CFW scene at all. I have Cubic Ninja and Pasta CFW loader on my 2DS right now ( FW 9.2). I would like to upgrade so I can get the latest emuNand but I am not sure what to go for and if I can use everything or how to upgrade. Could anyone help me with that? I tried to use Cake but it doesn't appear to do the Emunand part

antexity

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am completely new to this scene. Have a New 3ds XL with 11.0 firmware. Would like to get a SKY 3ds to play roms, dont need anything else. When to the compatibility chart and saw sky3ds supports all versions. Do I just buy sky3ds, load roms on sd and plug it in, thats it?

Thanks in advance

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am completely new to this scene. Have a New 3ds XL with 11.0 firmware. Would like to get a SKY 3ds to play roms, dont need anything else. When to the compatibility chart and saw sky3ds supports all versions. Do I just buy sky3ds, load roms on sd and plug it in, thats it?

Thanks in advance

http://www.modchipcentral.com

Last edited by cvskid,

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so im a little worried i made a mistake with downgrading and luma3ds.

I can install and play cias just fine. but in settings it says SYS 11.0 firm.

Is this correct or did i mess it up? I was under the impression it would be EMU 0.o?

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey I own an old 3DS and a New 3DS both with gateway. Old 3ds still on 4.5 and using MSET exploit.

I want to be able to run DSiWare without swap sd cards, specially for the new 3ds that you need a screwdriver for that.

Whats the easiest method for both systems?
Also keeping gateway functionality?

I'm looking into this because I want to play Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition CIA.

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so im a little worried i made a mistake with downgrading and luma3ds.

I can install and play cias just fine. but in settings it says SYS 11.0 firm.

Is this correct or did i mess it up? I was under the impression it would be EMU 0.o?

No, this is right. You did it just fine.

Thanks in advance

Make sure it's the newest version of the cart, Sky3ds+. The new encryption prevents some new games from being played on the old cart. The setup for the cart is very simple. It's slightly more than drag and drop, but it's very easy. Good way to go if you're on 11.0 and only care about playing rons.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, this is right. You did it just fine.

Make sure it's the newest version of the cart, Sky3ds+. The new encryption prevents some new games from being played on the old cart. The setup for the cart is very simple. It's slightly more than drag and drop, but it's very easy. Good way to go if you're on 11.0 and only care about playing rons.

is there any post that explains why it says sys then? :)

also since i tried to install custom theme cias i cant redownload or buy any thees from the eshop. any idea how to fix this guys??

edit: Also i installed ca cia game, and later removed it, i wanted to buy it from the eshop instead but i can only redownload it? (i never purchased it) how is this possible, and can i get in trouble for it?

Last edited by Nickm23,

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I backup my sysNAND and my EmuNAND? Do I just copy the files from the sd card and place it in a folder in my desktop?

SNK90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I'm new to 3DS modding, looking for some guidance. I am the definition of noob but have modded my Wii and multiple other devices, so I'm not incapable, just lost. My questions are very nooby and I do apilogize in advance if this is annoying or in the wrong thread. I'll post my questions here but maybe someone knowledgeable and patient can message me and help me through this so I don't flood the boards. :P

What I need: to simply play back up 3DS games from SD card. That's it, I want everything else as stock as possible. Need to still be able to access the eshop and make purchases as normal and stay up to date with game patches. Is that even possible?

Here's what I have:
- New 3DS with 10.7
- 32gb SanDisk SDHC
- Super Smash Bros (possibly needed for Smashax?)

Here are my questions and what I need help with:

1. Since I have 10.7, is the best course of action for me Smashax?
2. Will installing homebrew ban me from accessing the eshop and playing online? Is it a big pain in the rear to access those once the soft mod is done or is it just like normal? Can I still purchase stuff from the eshop once I have finished the mod?
3. Would it be easier for me to just buy a flash cart?
4. Does anyone have a seriously noob friendly step by step guide for what I need to do for 10.7? This is the point where I'm getting really lost. All the guides I've seen have everything bundled into one guide and I just have trouble picking through the whole thing looking for what I need.
5. What CFW am I going for? All I want is to play back up 3DS from my SD card and that's it. I would like it to be as close to stock FW as possible.
6. Can I update my FW officially once the soft mod is complete?
7. How big is the chance I brick my device or get banned?
8. The game files I have so far have been .3ds and .cia, what is the difference here and am I correct in that I need to install something else for cia files?
9. What FW version will I end up at? And will I still be able to download game patches and everything as normal?

Again, I know my questions have been asked a lot and I'm sorry. If there's anything else I should know please let me know. I get discouraged with the amount of stuff it seems like I need to read and learn to do this. Seems much harder than Wii modding. I have been reading for hours about this but I'm at the point where information is starting to blend together and different sites give different responses. I'm thinking it might be too much for me but it's worth asking for help first I guess. Thank you for any help, it is very much appreciated. :)

Last edited by SNK90,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any post that explains why it says sys then? :)

also since i tried to install custom theme cias i cant redownload or buy any thees from the eshop. any idea how to fix this guys??

edit: Also i installed ca cia game, and later removed it, i wanted to buy it from the eshop instead but i can only redownload it? (i never purchased it) how is this possible, and can i get in trouble for it?
It shows Sys, because you have "Show current NAND in System Settings" setting enabled.
A normal stock//vanilla 3DS will say "Ver."
Details: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

As for the cia trouble with themes, can't help you there, I don't really care much for buying themes, I am quite happy using the ones I find or making my own.

As for why you can't purchase the game, it's because you still have the ticket for it, you'll have to find the corresponding title ID for the game you uninstalled and delete it within FBI. Though I've never done this.

How do I backup my sysNAND and my EmuNAND? Do I just copy the files from the sd card and place it in a folder in my desktop?
What's your setup? If you're on A9LH, then you use Hourglass9. If you're on menuhax+emuNAND//redNAND, you'll have to use Decrypt9.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shows Sys, because you have "Show current NAND in System Settings" setting enabled.
A normal stock//vanilla 3DS will say "Ver."
Details: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

As for the cia trouble with themes, can't help you there, I don't really care much for buying themes, I am quite happy using the ones I find or making my own.

As for why you can't purchase the game, it's because you still have the ticket for it, you'll have to find the corresponding title ID for the game you uninstalled and delete it within FBI. Though I've never done this.

What's your setup? If you're on A9LH, then you use Hourglass9. If you're on menuhax+emuNAND//redNAND, you'll have to use Decrypt9.
I have emuNAND rx tool 10.7 I believe. I havent done any hacking for months, that is why I want to get A9LH and the new FBI QR code patch

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major noob question but, if i want to migrate all my content on my sd card to a new larger sd card so I can download more games on eshop, do I simply copy the contents from old card to new card?
if using emunand, you need to dump that first and format the new SD card to support it. otherwise yes.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I'm new to 3DS modding, looking for some guidance. I am the definition of noob but have modded my Wii and multiple other devices, so I'm not incapable, just lost. My questions are very nooby and I do apilogize in advance if this is annoying or in the wrong thread. I'll post my questions here but maybe someone knowledgeable and patient can message me and help me through this so I don't flood the boards. :P

What I need: to simply play back up 3DS games from SD card. That's it, I want everything else as stock as possible. Need to still be able to access the eshop and make purchases as normal and stay up to date with game patches. Is that even possible?

Here's what I have:
- New 3DS with 10.7
- 32gb SanDisk SDHC
- Super Smash Bros (possibly needed for Smashax?)

Here are my questions and what I need help with:

1. Since I have 10.7, is the best course of action for me Smashax?
2. Will installing homebrew ban me from accessing the eshop and playing online? Is it a big pain in the rear to access those once the soft mod is done or is it just like normal? Can I still purchase stuff from the eshop once I have finished the mod?
3. Would it be easier for me to just buy a flash cart?
4. Does anyone have a seriously noob friendly step by step guide for what I need to do for 10.7? This is the point where I'm getting really lost. All the guides I've seen have everything bundled into one guide and I just have trouble picking through the whole thing looking for what I need.
5. What CFW am I going for? All I want is to play back up 3DS from my SD card and that's it. I would like it to be as close to stock FW as possible.
6. Can I update my FW officially once the soft mod is complete?
7. How big is the chance I brick my device or get banned?
8. The game files I have so far have been .3ds and .cia, what is the difference here and am I correct in that I need to install something else for cia files?
9. What FW version will I end up at? And will I still be able to download game patches and everything as normal?

Again, I know my questions have been asked a lot and I'm sorry. If there's anything else I should know please let me know. I get discouraged with the amount of stuff it seems like I need to read and learn to do this. Seems much harder than Wii modding. I'm thinking it might be too much for me but it's worth asking for help first I guess. Thank you for any help, it is very much appreciated. :)
1. I've never used Smashax, but it isn't exactly the easiest to setup, you'll need Linux btw.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/
2. No it won't. I have used menuhax+redNAND//emuNAND setups just fine online. However, I now use A9LH only and get online just fine as well. I still can purchase games off eshop just fine.
3. A flash cart (probably talking about Sky3DS+) is only going to let you play .3ds rom backups, how you get them will be your problem, as they don't show you how to dump your own games. Gateway's Flashcart requires you to be on 9.2 if you are using aa n3DS.
4. Use the guide made by Plailect. Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Be sure to do a system format before even starting the guide to avoid this issue.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8#issuecomment-218588857
5. The guide makes you use Luma3DS, which is basically all you'll need. You'll have to convert your dumped .3ds games to .cias and install them through FBI.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4hwuhf/
Few notes about the .3ds to .cia guide, you'll have to download the Decryp9 payload separately as the A9LH guide no longer makes you setup Decrypt9 as Luma3DS payload.
6. Luma3DS will let you update and protect A9LH from being removed.
7. The chance of bricking is up to how well you follow the directions in the guide I linked, and if you perform the system format before even beginning.
8. .3ds files are meant for Flashcarts, like Sky3DS+ or Gateway3DS. While .cia files are meant for installing on CFW setups and go onto your actual 3DS SD Card.
9. Everything will be pretty normal. I can download game updates fine, use eshop fine and buy games just fine.

I have emuNAND rx tool 10.7 I believe. I havent done any hacking for months, that is why I want to get A9LH and the new FBI QR code patch
You'll have to use Decrypt9 to make proper backups of your sysNAND and emuNAND. Anyways, have you just considered switching to Luma3DS first?
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will install to SD card assuming there's a new update available.

Orly!? It will create an FBI channel? Now, I bug you with another since you are kind enough to answer: if I update FBI (H&S) within the app using the self-update, and pretend I have it installed as a regular home menu icon/channel, will the updater recognize the older version and remove it or will it just install the newer version? (I'm assuming they have different ticket id's, but I am unsure.)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orly!? It will create an FBI channel? Now, I bug you with another since you are kind enough to answer: if I update FBI (H&S) within the app using the self-update, and pretend I have it installed as a regular home menu icon/channel, will the updater recognize the older version and remove it or will it just install the newer version? (I'm assuming they have different ticket id's, but I am unsure.)
using "update" always installs to SD card. if you injected into H&S or somehow installed it to NAND, it will appear as a separate application on your home screen.

once installed to SD, you can delete the original in NAND (find H&S or FBI with a red name), then go to system update and it will re-install "health & safety information"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @Psionic Roshambo Space cake or Moon Pie? :P