• Views 4,544,408
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

LeMasque

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if smdhax installer let you choose the payload, but if it does, you need another 3ds with homebrew access so you can put the smdhax through the smdhax installer in your sky3ds and then using it on your 3ds
I'm not 100% sure how that works and all, but thanks for all the help. If you could explain it that would be great, but thanks a lot regardless! :)

ThatIceGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a DSTWO+ with Brickwa- er, Gateway enabled (I've had it in this state since late December) because I didn't know any better. Now the DS mode (the only real reason I got the cart in the first place, along with SNES emulation for my poor old 2DS) doesn't work anymore, and nobody seems to actually have a solution to getting the DS mode to work again. Should I just cut my losses and grab an r4i gold or is there a solution I somehow missed when Googling? And yes, the DS mode does work on my DS Lite.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not 100% sure how that works and all, but thanks for all the help. If you could explain it that would be great, but thanks a lot regardless! :)
Supposing that the smdhax installer works in sky3ds' roms, you would need 2 3ds, yours (vanilla, with nothing) and a hacked 3ds (with homebrew and the smdhax installer at least)

- put a smd rom on your sky3ds and insert it on the hacked 3ds
- go to homebrew menu and run the smd installer
- it will ask for the model and version of your 3ds (you have to put it acording to the model/region/fw of your 3ds, the vanilla one)
- once done, you can use your sky3ds as an entrypoint on your vanilla 3ds (now you'll need to download the starter kit an paste it in the 3ds' sd)

Last edited by Arubaro,

infernogott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gateway user here, wondering If I should switch to Luma with A9LH, some questions regarding features of Luma:

- Can I play Japanese 3ds cartridges with it?

- Can I play ds cartridges with it?

- Can I play dsiware with it?

Thanks for helping out a noob.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Gateway user here, wondering If I should switch to Luma with A9LH, some questions regarding features of Luma:

1) Yep thanks to built-in region patching

2) With built in TWL firm yep

3) I think? - don't quote me on that tho

Youre welcome

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- Yes, though you may need to use the region//language emulation feature on Luma3DS for some titles and dlc. Such as Girl's Mode.
- Retail DS cartridges work fine. For flashcarts, it depends, I've only used DSTwo.
- Should be able to from what I've heard, though never tested this.

LeMasque

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposing that the smdhax installer works in sky3ds' roms, you would need 2 3ds, yours (vanilla, with nothing) and a hacked 3ds (with homebrew and the smdhax installer at least)

- put a smd rom on your sky3ds and insert it on the hacked 3ds
- go to homebrew menu and run the smd installer
- it will ask for the model and version of your 3ds (you have to put it acording to the model/region/fw of your 3ds, the vanilla one)
- once done, you can use your sky3ds as an entrypoint on your vanilla 3ds (now you'll need to download the starter kit an paste it in the 3ds' sd)
Thanks, after doing some additional research I found out it's possible to do with a Sky3DS+ on Reddit. I suppose I'll do an OoTHax on a friend's 3DS, then afterwards I'll run the smdhax. Thank you so much for your help.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Stuck on this,
upload_2016-5-24_4-54-1.png
Currently up to step 1. but it just crashes and doesn't load the OTPHelper page, what should I do?~

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Make sure you have all the proper files on the sd card and keep trying

I have all of said things, I guess ill keep trying :vv

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have all of said things, I guess ill keep trying :vv

Worked after 3/4 try, cheers~

Reactions: pbanj

isohateu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just got luma 3ds and now it can straight boot to my emunand, but now my ntr boot gives an error, it kicks me back to the emunand homescreen and makes me restart, does anyone know how to fix this or should i just reformat my emunand.
Tms68DG.jpg

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Ok, so I just got luma 3ds and now it can straight boot to my emunand, but now my ntr boot gives an error, it kicks me back to the emunand homescreen and makes me restart, does anyone know how to fix this or should i just reformat my emunand.
Tms68DG.jpg

Uses latest NFIRM 10.4 filmware.bin and place it inside the /luma/ folder on the root of your SD Card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz