• Start date
  • Views 4,466,241
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a O3DS on 10.3, I want to do a full system format, but it wants me to connect to the internet (and i dont want it to update/nag) is there any way around this? Thanks

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a O3DS on 10.3, I want to do a full system format, but it wants me to connect to the internet (and i dont want it to update/nag) is there any way around this? Thanks
The internet connection to use system format is fine, it does it so it can properly unlink your NNID. It won't make you update at all.

Otherwise, if you really don't want to connect at all. If you have an entry point into HBL, then use TinyFormat from there, and it'll format your system.
Link: https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases

Reactions: LuigiXL

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
  1. Launch the Homebrew Launcher using the entrypoint of your choice (such as menuhax)
  2. Open EmuNAND9 (This can sometimes take a few tries)
I don't understand this. There's no EmuNAND9 here in the homebrew launcher. I'm already on the homebrew launcher and on 9.2 from the previous parts of a tutorial (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-%28Downgrading%29) .

Do I have to go back and do this?

"Open the browser and go to http://www.reboot.ms/3ds/load.html?Launcher.dat" from this step? (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update)

Please assist.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Launch the Homebrew Launcher using the entrypoint of your choice (such as menuhax)
  2. Open EmuNAND9 (This can sometimes take a few tries)
I don't understand this. There's no EmuNAND9 here in the homebrew launcher. I'm already on the homebrew launcher and on 9.2 from the previous parts of a tutorial (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-%28Downgrading%29) .

Do I have to go back and do this?

"Open the browser and go to http://www.reboot.ms/3ds/load.html?Launcher.dat" from this step? (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update)

Please assist.
Step 3. Of Part 2. "Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to root of your SD card."

Make sure you actually followed all the steps, and double check to make sure you downloaded all the files you need from the What you need section of part 2.

Edit: Oh, I see what you did. You used the 9.2.0 Update, just move to Part 3, making sure you have menuhax installed as described in Part 1 of the guide. You'll be making a sysNAND backup there anyways.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the Plailect guide to install Browserhax and Menuhax on my 10.4 o3DS. I'm getting "Terminated Script Execution" whenever I try to scan the QR Code for the Browserhax payload site, and then the browser crashes and I get an error message telling me to save any open data and restart my system, although pressing "A" gets rid of the message just fine and everything still appears to work fine upon doing so. Nothing happens upon restart, either. Checking the SD Card in my system reveals that one file has been downloaded to the root, but nothing else has been changed, AFAIK. I've tried several times, and nothing seems to get me past that stage. I'm set to current date 1/1/2000 0:00, and I'm initializing my browser each time.

Will Browserhax simply not work for me, for whatever reason? Is there some obvious step I'm missing? Am I stuck with trying to use one of the other hax methods? I think I'm able to do OoTHax and I might have access to Ninjhax, but both would involve using friends' carts to try, so I'd prefer the Browserhax method, or maybe some other method I've managed to overlook.
For anyone else who has this problem; make sure you're on the default theme. I found out it was the theme I was using (Persona Q) that was preventing me from installing Browserhax correctly. I don't know which, if any, other themes have this problem, or what about the theme caused it, but it seems safest to simply make sure you switch to the default theme.

hitman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i am looking for a little guidance again. i am following the plailect guide and am stuck on part 4 numbers 27-29.

i was able to boot into rednand via luma3ds but when i go to health and safety i do not see
tinyformat.cia.

i have followed everything with the expected results so far up to this point.

any ideas?

27 - Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)

28 - Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND

29 - Navigate to TinyFormat.cia and press A to install

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i am looking for a little guidance again. i am following the plailect guide and am stuck on part 4 numbers 27-29.

i was able to boot into rednand via luma3ds but when i go to health and safety i do not see
tinyformat.cia.

i have followed everything with the expected results so far up to this point.

any ideas?

27 - Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)

28 - Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND

29 - Navigate to TinyFormat.cia and press A to install
If it's FBI, as it should be, then click SD, then navigate to TinyFormat.cia and install it. This is assuming it's FBI, and you placed the TinyFormat.cia on the root of your SD Card.

hitman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's FBI, as it should be, then click SD, then navigate to TinyFormat.cia and install it. This is assuming it's FBI, and you placed the TinyFormat.cia on the root of your SD Card.

ok i think i found it but i guess something is screwed up. when i install tinyformat.cia , it fails.
i get error 0xd8e0806a. cert signature or hash check failed (106)

Goose Caboose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an emuNAND running off of rxTools that I just updated to 11.0. Is there a way to get homebrew working on this thing? Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I just had to manually install the payload.

Last edited by Goose Caboose,

MiePx3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to flash a NAND to a different system it came from?
So I have a NAND backup for new3DS A [brick, no access] and I want to flash it to new3DS B [Full A9LH]. Both have the same NAND size.
Im talking about sysNAND. If sysNAND is not possible, can I create a emuNAND on system B and flash the A systems NAND into it?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to flash a NAND to a different system it came from?
So I have a NAND backup for new3DS A [brick, no access] and I want to flash it to new3DS B [Full A9LH]. Both have the same NAND size.
Im talking about sysNAND. If sysNAND is not possible, can I create a emuNAND on system B and flash the A systems NAND into it?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you will brick the system.

MiePx3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even on if I try to flash it into a emuNAND on the functional system?
Am I somehow able to extract things from a NAND backup? Like save files?

I never used Citra. Can I use it to run a NAND backup?

Last edited by MiePx3,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Even on if I try to flash it into a emuNAND on the functional system?
Am I somehow able to extract things from a NAND backup? Like save files?

I never used Citra. Can I use it to run a NAND backup?
Yes even that won't work. You would of had to extract stuff before the other system bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/