Country
Mexico

orphan911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I recently bought a new 3ds, it had firmware 9.9.0 which I downgraded to 9.2.0. I have tried running emunand and reinand but both of them result in nothing happening. with emunand my screen flashes red goes black flashes red again and then just goes back to homebrew. Reinand either turns the screen red and freezes or flashes red and then shuts down my 3ds with nothing changed. Does any one know if theres any reasons behind this or if I'm just doing something wrong. Any help would be great, Thank you.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're more than right sir I just got confused thought Zygarde was realeased for all regions , anyways got my Xerneas :P

Also is there a way to run the pokebank by a cia ? and also is can it cause any troubles?
Not a sir and Pokebank isn't free. You'll have to pay to use the service, but don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it, provided you pay the fee.

There's also PHBank, but I've never used it, so you'd have to figure out how to set up on your own. Link details: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-phbank-pokémon-homebrew-bank.398718/

Ok, so I recently bought a new 3ds, it had firmware 9.9.0 which I downgraded to 9.2.0. I have tried running emunand and reinand but both of them result in nothing happening. with emunand my screen flashes red goes black flashes red again and then just goes back to homebrew. Reinand either turns the screen red and freezes or flashes red and then shuts down my 3ds with nothing changed. Does any one know if theres any reasons behind this or if I'm just doing something wrong. Any help would be great, Thank you.
Do you have mehuhax set to autoboot? Did you unlink your nands? Sounds like linked nands with autoboot menuhax.
Edit: Looks like you got it fixed on another thread

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

orphan911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a sir and Pokebank isn't free. You'll have to pay to use the service, but don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it, provided you pay the fee.

There's also PHBank, but I've never used it, so you'd have to figure out how to set up on your own. Link details: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-phbank-pokémon-homebrew-bank.398718/

Do you have mehuhax set to autoboot? Did you unlink your nands? Sounds like linked nands with autoboot menuhax.
Edit: Looks like you got it fixed on another thread
Yes I did. It was a bad downgrade that started the whole problem, but thank you for trying to help.

shengoro86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade from 9.9.0-26U just fine.

Use the A9LH guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Thanks! I'll be doing this soon and will report my outcome.
BTW From your avatar I see you are in NJ. Awesome! I'm near Princeton. Would be cool if there were homebrew meetups in this area for like code sessions.

**Another question**
I'm testing the Region Free Launcher and I am getting a black screen on Girl's Mode (NTR-AZLJ). This is the only japanese 3DS game I own. RFL works fine with just loading the same region game (NTSC) so I know the program seems to be operating fine. Is this a compatibility issue?
Thanks!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'll be doing this soon and will report my outcome.
BTW From your avatar I see you are in NJ. Awesome! I'm near Princeton. Would be cool if there were homebrew meetups in this area for like code sessions.

**Another question**
I'm testing the Region Free Launcher and I am getting a black screen on Girl's Mode (NTR-AZLJ). This is the only japanese 3DS game I own. RFL works fine with just loading the same region game (NTSC) so I know the program seems to be operating fine. Is this a compatibility issue?
Thanks!
That would be nice, but I get sidetracked with friends and work. :P

As for your question. I tested that game out, and it seems to black screen on me. Using Luma3DS and it's region//language emulation feature though, I am able to run it just fine. So probably a compatibility issue. I'd say just get CFW setup if you are thinking about importing games.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question, but after installing the cfw via the Gateway 3ds cart (blue) and then inserting the red cart with the roms, I cannot get past the initial 3DS screen when launching a game. Here is a bit of background of what I have done:

4.1 FW First 3ds (CTR001)

Watched this link from Gateway's site to install the CFW in order to enable your 3ds to run roms. I used a freshly formatted microSD for my roms with my Macbook so i hope the formatting is not the problem (it says it's fat32).
I ran the diagnostic test with the red card in the system, and everything checks out fine. I attempted to run both Lego Avengers and Pokemon Rumble with no luck.
I even did the Format emunand step. I'm hoping it's a common problem. I have held back posting on here in order to find a solution. Help a novice guy out please. :D

I also want to get another 3ds (XL) for my son. I noticed that there are two versions. What is the difference between them? Thanks!

I figuerd it out. All I needed to do was update the Gateway 3ds FW to 11.0 in order to get Lego Avengers running. I didn't get to try any other roms because my Red cart's spring got busted. I only had it for 4 days. Is this a typical issue with these cards? They should have made the SD slot like the Blue Cart.

I also bought a "New 3DS" on version 9.9. So I am currently trying to downgrade to 9.2. I tried the Browserhax, but Nintendo prompts me to update in order to use the Browser.

Am I going to have to purchase the Ocarina or Cubic Ninja hack? Thanks

8_Blue_8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1 - There is any way to keep save files after deleting .cia games ?
2 - any way to know what version of rxtools am i using ?
3 - if i'am using the last version, to update is just...normal updating ?

shengoro86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be nice, but I get sidetracked with friends and work. :P

As for your question. I tested that game out, and it seems to black screen on me. Using Luma3DS and it's region//language emulation feature though, I am able to run it just fine. So probably a compatibility issue. I'd say just get CFW setup if you are thinking about importing games.

Yeah lol i know that feeling. I might create one, if i do ill shoot you a pm.
As for the question at hand, yeah it is prob a compatibility issue.
BTW the guide you sent me, I read through it. The end result is a hacked sysnand right? If I dont hard mod my 3ds for hardware flashing should I just stick with a sys/emunand split?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
1 - There is any way to keep save files after deleting .cia games ?
2 - any way to know what version of rxtools am i using ?
3 - if i'am using the last version, to update is just...normal updating ?

1. You can use svdt, jk or similar to dump/import saves.
2. There is no easy way. If you have a "rxtools" in your sd card you are probably using a version newer than 2.6.
3. Yes, it's safe to update your emunand (I don't know if it is the same case for n3ds though). Just go to system settings in your emunand and update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It was in yours actually :D:tpi::rofl2: