• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Mud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, preparing to set up A9LH on my 10.7U N3DS for the first time here, using OoT3DHax for Homebrew. Wanted to clear up a few questions beforehand.

- I've got this 64 GB microSD card in use right now, with a couple of games and stuff already on it. Should it be fine to use? I understand part of the process of setting up A9LH involves formatting the card, but assuming nothing goes wrong I don't need to format it beforehand or anything, do I? Just when it gets to that step as described in Plailect's guide?
- Even though I'm not using Browserhax, I still need wireless enabled before doing all this so I can use the browser while getting my OTP, right?
- If PlaiSysUpdater crashes and leaves me with an incomplete 9.2 downgrade, I just need to hold down on boot to get back into Homebrew and try again, right?
- The Downgrading section of Plailect's guide makes several mentions to menuhax and browserhax post-downgrade. Can I simply ignore those or do I need to get those hacks on my card?
- Whenever Plailect's guide says to boot the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of my choice, that means to fire up OoT3DHax for me? Or is the aforementioned holding down on boot going to work as well?
- In the case I succeed and get A9LH installed without setting my console on fire, am I correct in understanding that I will henceforth have a 10.7 CFW SysNAND while my original SysNAND sits un-updated in the back? I'm not sure what that means for me - am I able to use legitimate physical and digital games while also using things like patched roms, and have an NNID associated with that CFW SysNAND? How will future system updates work with this setup?

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm back with a really special question.
With my friend, we're done with .cia installing and all the stuff (me a9lh, him SysNAND + RedNAND)

We're both old users of SaveDataFiler and to be honnest, I don't know if JKSM is better... Both for cia installation of course, so what is the best ?
And JKSM is compatible with Secure Value / SaveDataFiler's saves ?

Thanks o/

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to set up A9LH on my 2DS after setting it up on my N3DS system and I'm having some issues whilst trying to inject FBI to the health and safety app, universal injector tells me that hs.app isn't located in it's folder when it clearly is, I set up rxTools on the 2DS prior and had already injected an older version of FBI into the app, could this be causing the issue? If so could I just use that version of FBI if it'll run on my system when I boot H&S from my redNAND?

What did you name the hs.app? I had to rename mine to hs.app because it saved as something else. Once I renamed it, it worked.

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
TbMRQRq.jpg
I have seem to got some problem in the first step of the plailect guide, particularly the browserhax section. First of all, I would like to confirm that once I copy the content of the starter content into the root of the sd card it should look like the picture above, right. Secondly, my browser is a bit different as I don't have the initialize save data option and instead I have the reset save data option which clear all data and immediately bring me to the home menu. So anytime I go to the browserhax site I immediately click the reset save data function but instead it would remove all of my data and bring me back to the home menu. It would also show the please update notification. My system is 9.90U, Using an N3DS. Maybe I can use another entrypoint.

Last edited by wewe7144,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hiya, preparing to set up A9LH on my 10.7U N3DS for the first time here, using OoT3DHax for Homebrew. Wanted to clear up a few questions beforehand.

- I've got this 64 GB microSD card in use right now, with a couple of games and stuff already on it. Should it be fine to use? I understand part of the process of setting up A9LH involves formatting the card, but assuming nothing goes wrong I don't need to format it beforehand or anything, do I? Just when it gets to that step as described in Plailect's guide?
- Even though I'm not using Browserhax, I still need wireless enabled before doing all this so I can use the browser while getting my OTP, right?
- If PlaiSysUpdater crashes and leaves me with an incomplete 9.2 downgrade, I just need to hold down on boot to get back into Homebrew and try again, right?
- The Downgrading section of Plailect's guide makes several mentions to menuhax and browserhax post-downgrade. Can I simply ignore those or do I need to get those hacks on my card?
- Whenever Plailect's guide says to boot the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of my choice, that means to fire up OoT3DHax for me? Or is the aforementioned holding down on boot going to work as well?
- In the case I succeed and get A9LH installed without setting my console on fire, am I correct in understanding that I will henceforth have a 10.7 CFW SysNAND while my original SysNAND sits un-updated in the back? I'm not sure what that means for me - am I able to use legitimate physical and digital games while also using things like patched roms, and have an NNID associated with that CFW SysNAND? How will future system updates work with this setup?

- I strongly recommend to use small microSD sizes, like 16GB. Bigger sizes that the console doesn't even support like 64GB can have some issues. But if it works like a charm for you, then use it. You need to have a emuNAND and SD content backup since you're going to use it later to reflash the emuNAND to the version you had before the 2.1 downgrade.

-If you're using a 2DS or N3DS, you need to have Wireless enabled BEFORE going to downgrade. On other models you can turn the Wireless just after the downgrade with no problem.

-I recommend to have at least MenuHax before getting into this.

-I'm not quite sure, since that you're on 2.1, some games will ask you to update your console, which is not intended.

-Kind of. If you're booting emuNAND with A9LH, you will have an untouched sysNAND on 9.x. On other cases, the emuNAND is cloned into sysNAND and you will no longer have emuNAND/sysNAND, but an unique sysNAND CFW.

Reactions: Mud

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just two notes:
- I strongly recommend to use small microSD sizes, like 16GB. Bigger sizes that the console doesn't even support like 64GB can have some issues. But if it works like a charm for you, then use it. You need to have a emuNAND and SD content backup since you're going to use it later to reflash the emuNAND to the version you had before the 2.1 downgrade.
Nintendo recommends up to 32gb, however 64/128gb cards do work and don't really have that many issues. especially with formatting them to 64kb cluster sizes, it increases boot rates and maybe fixes other issues.
-If you're using a 2DS or N3DS, you need to have Wireless enabled BEFORE going to downgrade. On other models you can turn the Wireless just after the downgrade with no problem.
while it's a good idea to keep it on, if it's accidentally turned off, removing the battery for a few seconds resets the wireless state.

Reactions: CyberAle

CyberAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Big picture

I have seem to got some problem in the first step of the plailect guide, particularly the browserhax section. First of all, I would like to confirm that once I copy the content of the starter content into the root of the sd card it should look like the picture above, right. Secondly, my browser is a bit different as I don't have the initialize save data option and instead I have the reset save data option which clear all data and immediately bring me to the home menu. So anytime I go to the browserhax site I immediately click the reset save data function but instead it would remove all of my data and bring me back to the home menu. My system is 9.90U

After you going to home menu just type the website he gives you and let it be installed. After that it's strongly recommended you install the menuhax, as it's way more practical

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
just two notes:

Nintendo recommends up to 32gb, however 64/128gb cards do work and don't really have that many issues. especially with formatting them to 64kb cluster sizes, it increases boot rates and maybe fixes other issues.

while it's a good idea to keep it on, if it's accidentally turned off, removing the battery for a few seconds resets the wireless state.

Off-quote, but if i have a fragmented CTRNAND, what would happend if i formatt a microSD with Gateway to have the emuNAND partition?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off-quote, but if i have a fragmented CTRNAND, what would happend if i formatt a microSD with Gateway to have the emuNAND partition?
dump CTRNAND with Decrypt9, defragment it, inject. you don't need to format the SD card/EmuNAND.

also, it's recommended you use EmuNAND9 for formatting SD cards for EmuNAND now.

Mud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my 64GB's formatted to FAT32. Wouldn't work otherwise. So that should be good to go.

So if I'm to install Menuhax during the process, that'd probably be after my system is on 9.2, right?

So after all's said and done, I'm supposed to have a CFW SysNAND that can be updated to the current version and otherwise used like a normal console? If something goes wrong, I should be able to restore the CFW SysNAND from a backup, I assume. And again, how will that work with future system updates?

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
dump CTRNAND with Decrypt9, defragment it, inject. you don't need to format the SD card/EmuNAND.

I know how to fix it, the problem is that i don't have enough space on my 2GB SD to do that, i barely have 600MB available for some tiny games.

also, it's recommended you use EmuNAND9 for formatting SD cards for EmuNAND now.

How so?

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
After you going to home menu just type the website he gives you and let it be installed. After that it's strongly recommended you install the menuhax, as it's way more practical
Nevermind, it seems to be working now. I might have forgot to change the time.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to fix it, the problem is that i don't have enough space on my 2GB SD to do that, i barely have 600MB available for some tiny games.
formatting the SD card/replacing EmuNAND will just cause you to lose access to your installed games in EmuNAND, as well as your friends list, any NNID link, etc. you should really move to a larger SD card ASAP.
I suggest you take a look ;)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, hence my question. But leaving the emuNANDtool aside, how risky is to format the microSD on Gateway with the CTRNAND fragmented?
it won't really solve your problem, it will just remove the existing EmuNAND and clone SysNAND to it. this probably isn't what you wanted.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it won't really solve your problem, it will just remove the existing EmuNAND and clone SysNAND to it. this probably isn't what you wanted.

Kind of. What i'm going to do when i get the new microSD is this:

-format it with Gateway to get the emuNAND partition.
-make a backup of emuNAND and SD content of the 2GB SD.
-inject the emuNAND backup on the new SD with emuNAND injection and copy the rest to the SD and voilá.

After that, i just need to fix the CTRNAND and then, start the A9LH thing.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of. What i'm going to do when i get the new microSD is this:

-format it with Gateway to get the emuNAND partition.
-make a backup of emuNAND and SD content of the 2GB SD.
-inject the emuNAND backup on the new SD with emuNAND injection and copy the rest to the SD and voilá.

After that, i just need to fix the CTRNAND and then, start the A9LH thing.
you should absolutely use EmuNAND9 instead to format, because it's better for your SD card (nobody recommended Gateway for this anymore!)

you can format just to support EmuNAND, but not clone SysNAND to it, to save time when you just want to move your existing EmuNAND to it.

other than that, it seems good to me.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
you should absolutely use EmuNAND9 instead to format, because it's better for your SD card (nobody recommended Gateway for this anymore!)

you can format just to support EmuNAND, but not clone SysNAND to it, to save time when you just want to move your existing EmuNAND to it.

Now that's nice, i will keep an eye on it when i get the microSD. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Autz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1