• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I assume I can update now? If so, I just need to update it as if it were normal right, through the system?

Edit: I just tried to update it and theres suddenly an error and the update failed then i got kicked back to the home screen. Still is it still safe to update?

vdEbAWn.jpg

Last edited by wewe7144,

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm successful in installing A9LH Luma!!!! (I finished it days ago lol Good luck VampireZio in installing it)

Does Luma3DS support region-free on the go? Or do I need modifications/files/etc?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume I can update now? If so, I just need to update it as if it were normal right, through the system?

Edit: I just tried to update it and theres suddenly an error and the update failed then i got kicked back to the home screen. Still is it still safe to update?

You could always run the downgrade check, if you are unsure if you are really at 9.2.

https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

I'm successful in installing A9LH Luma!!!! (I finished it days ago lol Good luck VampireZio in installing it)

Does Luma3DS support region-free on the go? Or do I need modifications/files/etc?

Yes. It should.

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You could always run the downgrade check, if you are unsure if you are really at 9.2.

Yes. It should.

Yes. It should.
Thanks, it have worked for now and now I can proceed to part 4 which is getting the otp, although im quite nervous about it.

AnnappaPoojary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I've just successfully hacked my Japanese o3DS with a9lh, but I'm currently having problems with my Friend List and Notifications.
Every time I exit either of them it just freezes on the HOME Menu splash screen. Is there some way to fix this?
Even i had the same problem. The thing is you need to wait for around 15 minutes for friends list to open for the first time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I am following this tutorial.
I am on the Part3 Step4 Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card.

But after extracting the TinyFormat_v1.0.0.zip, I do not have TinyFormat folder.
I do have : 3ds folder, TinyFormat.3ds, TinyFormat.cia, TinyFormat.elf.

What should I do?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I am on the Part3 Step4 Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card.

But after extracting the TinyFormat_v1.0.0.zip, I do not have TinyFormat folder.

What should I do?
It's the Tinyformat folder inside the 3ds folder.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

What should I do?
-_- Look inside that 3ds folder.

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
-_- Look inside that 3ds folder.
Thanks guys,

Step 3_4 Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card

That step said that I need to COPY TinyFormat folder FROM the TinyFormat zip (That I downloaded right?) TO the /3ds/ folder on your SD card.

I am sure I do not misunderstand the instruction, or do I?

EDIT:

Ooh OK, Got it!! inside 3ds folder. Thanks

Last edited by avocado,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Im running on ReiNand CFW
Can i play digital nintendo DS game on my n3DS ?
I really want to play Hotel Dusk.
Not at the moment.
You will need at least a ds flashcard and maybe a custom launcher from Apache Thunder if the flashcard is old enough

Last edited by Arubaro,

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country

I am new into this CFW process so I cannot answer your question.

But, just want to give information that R4 flashcard allows you to play NDS games in 3DS machine and it is cheap.
I bought it like $6 without microSD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks guys,

Step 3_4 Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card

That step said that I need to COPY TinyFormat folder FROM the TinyFormat zip (That I downloaded right?) TO the /3ds/ folder on your SD card.

I am sure I do not misunderstand the instruction, or do I?

EDIT:

Ooh OK, Got it!! inside 3ds folder. Thanks

Guys,

Sorry I post it here. THe original thread shows low activity.

now I am on step 3_15. Open Luma3DS.

But I just got blank screen.

Any help?

Last edited by avocado,

Zoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Another question guys, my apologies for being annoying:
I have a kinda old version of Homebrew, how do I update it?
I mean, I have already downloaded the latest version, should I replace everything in my 3DS for the new one stuff?

I don't know if I need to install it back using browserhax or something like that.

Thanks again!

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it's subjective. I am a SaveDataFiler user, and I'm just used to how it backups and restores my saves. I tried JKSM, and I didn't like it, though for some people it may be better, as you get to name the folder it gets save to. Just install it and see if you like it. Also, JKSM should allow you to erase secure values, and yeah, they should be compatible with SaveDataFiler saves.

Edit: JKSM automatically deletes//erases secure values. So there's that.

Okay, so if it's only because of tastes, i'll keep SaveDataFiler and tell my friend to choose between the two.

My friend has a last question. Yesterday, we've done the SysNAND + RedNAND and because he has a collector N3DS XL he doesn't want to try a9lh right now. For the moment, he's happy with that.
He has a 8Go Micro SD Card and he just bought a 36Go one.
I know that with a9lh a simply copy / paste works.
But with SysNAND + RedNAND, he has everything to do again ?

Thanks o/

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so if it's only because of tastes, i'll keep SaveDataFiler and tell my friend to choose between the two.

My friend has a last question. Yesterday, we've done the SysNAND + RedNAND and because he has a collector N3DS XL he doesn't want to try a9lh right now. For the moment, he's happy with that.
He has a 8Go Micro SD Card and he just bought a 36Go one.
I know that with a9lh a simply copy / paste works.
But with SysNAND + RedNAND, he has everything to do again ?

Thanks o/
Well not everything. He could just launch Emunand9, go to Emunand Manager options and backup his Emunand to file (just to have the latest copy when making the transfer) - Safely unmount the old SD Card in Emunand9, then insert the new SD Card, and go to SD Format Options, and select Format SD (Emunand default) or the one with minsize for minimum size Rednand. Safely unmount the SD Card, and drag the latest emunand.bin backup, then just go to EmunNAND Manager Options and select Restore file to RedNand. Safely unmount the SD Card or turn off the 3DS. Then drag and drop all the contents of the old SD card onto the new one and be back up and running.

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
joLmEUP.jpg

So what do I do now. Do I stop or continue or what. Im using N3DS, how do I connect to the internet, I dont think I set up a wifi on the rednand but I know that I did set up wifi in the sysnand. Plailect guide just tell reboot after this, should I reboot or continue?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
joLmEUP.jpg

So what do I do now. Do I stop or continue or what. Im using N3DS, how do I connect to the internet, I dont think I set up a wifi on the rednand but I know that I did set up wifi in the sysnand. Plailect guide just tell reboot after this, should I reboot or continue?
You need to cancel that and reboot and check wifi just to be safe.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the free time now to work on my N3DS for A9LH.
Questions:
1) With A9LH installed, I'll only be on a CFW'd SysNAND (EmuNAND isn't involved). So I'm assuming I keep regular back-ups of this NAND and I can perform system updates directly from Nintendo with no problem, right?

2) Following this guide here at part 4 (In the case of most users, since you formatted SysNAND in Part 3, formatting the RedNAND will bring the format count for each NAND up to 1 format which will relink them and cause them to read from the same SD card folders. In our testing, linked NANDs exhibited weird behaviors during the 2.1.0 downgrade process, and because of this we format RedNAND a second time to unlink them again.) Can I only format the RedNAND during the initial setup instead of having to format both the SysNAND and RedNAND?

3) Is there any other flaws A9LH would have, side from having the SD card eternally kept in the system?

Last edited by Stash23,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Have the free time now to work on my N3DS for A9LH.
Questions:
1) With A9LH installed, I'll only be on a CFW'd SysNAND (EmuNAND isn't involved). So I'm assuming I keep regular back-ups of this NAND and I can perform system updates directly from Nintendo with no problem, right?

2) Following this guide here at part 4 (In the case of most users, since you formatted SysNAND in Part 3, formatting the RedNAND will bring the format count for each NAND up to 1 format which will relink them and cause them to read from the same SD card folders. In our testing, linked NANDs exhibited weird behaviors during the 2.1.0 downgrade process, and because of this we format RedNAND a second time to unlink them again.) Can I only format the RedNAND during the initial setup instead of having to format both the SysNAND and RedNAND?

3) Is there any other flaws A9LH would have, side from having the SD card eternally kept in the system?

you can still use an emunand if you want but dont have to. it is always good to keep backups. yes you can just update it from nintendo

follow what the guide says

nope thats the only flaw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Rocks going to get mad when he heard he got cheated on
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna be buying a $3000 graphics card/monitor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let the bed bugs bite
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    That's truly a 9D64B8_14A2C6A294CA2_000.ppm moment (please help i am addicted to TJAaRP)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut TF?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i went through 4 monitors in 2 years, shit keeps breaking
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    brand name means shit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol my neighbors got high and decided to ask me for some vanilla extract to bake cookies
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i would probably hand over some brandy to substitute it
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i would probably hand over some brandy to substitute it