qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,
In Plailect's guide part 3 (RedNand)

19. Select "Boot CFW" to enter RedNAND (you must launch CakesFW from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot RedNAND)
20. If you boot into the home menu, you have successfully launched RedNAND.

How do we confirm that we are in RedNand and not in sysNand? Because creating a folder in sysNand and changing theme in RedNand to differentiate is done later. Or can i do that before step 19 just so that i am sure i have launched RedNand and not sysNand?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

if you boot into the cfw (cakesFW) from the homebrew launcher.. thats how you will know your on the cfw, you can change the theme in your cfw to help identify (although the process up until folder creation is quick so it may be pointless).. as you may know judging by your question, do not try to verify the difference through system settings lol

shorter answer: just have faith you know which your on :lol:

Reactions: AnnappaPoojary

AnnappaPoojary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you boot into the cfw (cakesFW) from the homebrew launcher.. thats how you will know your on the cfw, you can change the theme in your cfw to help identify (although the process up until folder creation is quick so it may be pointless).. as you may know judging by your question, do not try to verify the difference through system settings lol

shorter answer: just have faith you know which your on :lol:
Ok +1 for faith lol[emoji28]

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a bit of a pickle. So I was playing on my 3DS as normal earlier today. 3DS hacked from stock to aureinand with homebrew launcher and everything. I stopped playing for a bit because I saw JK's save manager have an updated, CIA version so I wanted to grab it. I turned off my 3DS and removed the SD. Put it in my card reader and into the PC.

Suddenly, many of my SD card's files were completely missing. Like just a second ago I was playing a game, and now for whatever reason my SD doesn't have them anymore. My SD still says it has 28GB of used space, so there's SOMETHING there but it's almost as if they were all hidden (and before anyone asks, I have Windows set to show hidden files in all folders).

I ejected the card and put it back into my 3DS thinking it was my PC acting weird. Now my 3DS won't start (likely because it is missing a9lh file).

I used EaseUS Data Recovery but all this program did was pull out "RAW files", which is just a bunch of jargon I have no use for. I tried having Windows do a recovery but Windows says there is nothing wrong with my SD, that it doesn't have bad sectors or anything.

I don't understand what's going on. Can someone help?

Last edited by Pluupy, , Reason: FIXED (kind-of)

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, the CIA file crashed and rebooted my system. I'll turn to an alternate method. Can I create a link on the home menu (like an alias on Mac OS X) so when I "open" the alias, it launches my .3dsx?

nic0lette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, the CIA file crashed and rebooted my system. I'll turn to an alternate method. Can I create a link on the home menu (like an alias on Mac OS X) so when I "open" the alias, it launches my .3dsx?

As far as I'm aware there isn't a way to launch a 3dsx program directly from the home menu since they aren't proper CXI NCCH files.

Reactions: Arubaro
P

PaiiNSteven

First off, page 999 w00t!
Second off, how would I find the titleid of a game from a cartridge? I'm trying to use cheats on NTR CFW.

Lynrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm struggling to decide whether to use sysnand or emunand mode can anyone offer some insight into which one would be better?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling to decide whether to use sysnand or emunand mode can anyone offer some insight into which one would be better?
If you want to use gba games and dsiware(the few there are) you should use sysnand mode. It makes it so you don't have to install twice. Other than that it pretty much doesn't matter what you use. I went to sysnand mode on mine because of those reasons. The boot up is about the same, maybe a sec faster but not enough to notice/matter. If you want gateway you will need a 9.2 nand and a 10.7 nand, there are few homebrews that need 9.2.

Lynrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to use gba games and dsiware(the few there are) you should use sysnand mode. It makes it so you don't have to install twice. Other than that it pretty much doesn't matter what you use. I went to sysnand mode on mine because of those reasons. The boot up is about the same, maybe a sec faster but not enough to notice/matter. If you want gateway you will need a 9.2 nand and a 10.7 nand, there are few homebrews that need 9.2.

Well I'm getting the 3ds hard modded and cfw installed at the same time I don't need to do any of that at the moment but would rather the one which I can do the most with In case I want to use it in future. Mainly was just wondering if there was any major drawbacks from either and which one was generally advised

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm getting the 3ds hard modded and cfw installed at the same time I don't need to do any of that at the moment but would rather the one which I can do the most with In case I want to use it in future. Mainly was just wondering if there was any major drawbacks from either and which one was generally advised
Once gateway comes out with their a9lh crap it will just leave the few homebrew that need 9.2. So it doesn't really matter. It really comes down to personal preference.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

If you have a small sd card, going with updated sysnand mode will save you about one or two ga bytes which is what is usually used for the Emunand. It's convenience really, only bother with an Emunand if you want to use homebrew or gateway that requires a lower Firmware.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I feel retarded. Thanks pbanj. Got it working just fine.

But now for a different question, one I'm not sure if I should even be asking here in this thread or in another thread but, I heard I need a private header to play online, and I heard you need to be on 9.2 or lower, so Im attempting to downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2, and I heard Cubic Ninja was needed to do that, so I have the ROM of it on my 3ds, just wasn't sure where to go from there. (If I should be looking at another thread for this Ill do that, sorry wasn't sure)

Last edited by superluccix,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Wow I feel retarded. Thanks man. Got it working just fine.

But now for a different question, one I'm not sure if I should even be asking here in this thread or in another thread but, I heard I need a private header to play online, and I heard you need to be on 9.2 or lower, so Im attempting to downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2, and I heard Cubic Ninja was needed to do that, so I have the ROM of it on my 3ds, just wasn't sure where to go from there. (If I should be looking at another thread for this Ill do that, sorry wasn't sure)
have the cubic ninja rom on the sky cart. launch it and scan the qr code from here http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ that will get u into the homebrew launcher. from there u can follow the guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki u can stop after part 3 if all you want is menuhax and an emunand. you can also dump a private header with powersaves. if all you want is a private header you can send me the cash ill go grab a new game from gamestop dump the header and mail u the game and pm u the header so u dont have to wait.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have the cubic ninja rom on the sky cart. launch it and scan the qr code from here http://smealum.net/ninjhax/ that will get u into the homebrew launcher. from there u can follow the guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki u can stop after part 3 if all you want is menuhax and an emunand. you can also dump a private header with powersaves. if all you want is a private header you can send me the cash ill go grab a new game from gamestop dump the header and mail u the game and pm u the header so u dont have to wait.

Got the Homebrew set up, and then followed the Part 2 Downgrading tutorial, got to step 10 to downgrade 9.2, and it successfully did it (9.2.0-20U) So then I see it says to skip to step 18, but Im not sure why I need to do the rest of the steps in Part 2, let alone Part 3. It seems since I've already downgraded I can just stop there? Sorry if I missed something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: