• Views 4,465,036
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, I see. Also one more thing: Am I able to use the R4i Save Dongle as a microSD reader? It had asked me to select a microSD at checkout but I'm not even sure it requires one.

Not completely sure what you're talking about. Although I have a DSTwo flashcart and it uses a microSD. The DSTwo flashcart also came with a microSD reader that looks like a USB flash drive. I actually use it as my primary microSD reader.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Say, upgrading the Gateway emuNAND on a N3DS XL would be the same as on an O3DS, right? I'm asking this because I have an unlinked emuNAND on my N3DS XL that is on 9.0 and has the latest firmware update downloaded, but I haven't confirmed the prompt to install it yet, as I would like confirmation that it's safe. I've never upgraded this system's emuNAND; only my O3DS', but I assume it should be the same?

Thank you :)

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can anybody tell me what the highest SD storage capacity is supported by the 2DS. I'm aware that the highest "officially" supported size is 32 GB but what is the highest that actually works properly?

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody tell me what the highest SD storage capacity is supported by the 2DS. I'm aware that the highest "officially" supported size is 32 GB but what is the highest that actually works properly?
The 2DS should be the same as any other 3DS-type, and while I can't confirm beyond it, I have a 128GB MicroSD in my N3DS and it isn't even close to full.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update the games that I installed with CIAs?

I just updated normally. Press "Y" when connected to the internet and let it do it's thing. Works for me.

You could avoid using this by installing CFW and using a save editor instead. Actually I'm pretty sure I have used SVDT to export/import saves through Homebrew without CFW.

I guess if you're using it for DS games it may be worth it, but I feel like there is a DS save editor out there too.

EDIT: It's TWL save tool. I've never used it though.

Last edited by fireguy85,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi! i just received my gateway 3ds today. i'm working on the install instructions, but i'm stuck at step 3 of the menuhax/HBL portion: there is no change theme button. i'm running on firmware 8.1.0-19U so it's older, which i'm guessing is why that option isn't available. do i need to update to a newer version that is still compatible but also has the change theme option (and, if so, which version & how do i do it?) or is there something else i have to do? edit: realized it is probably also helpful to note that i am on an older 3DS, not a N3DS.

thanks!

Yes you need to be on version 9+ because that's when themes were introduced. Then once you do that, you can finally initialize your themes and install MenuHax.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(BUMP) Aureinand or reinand...what do you suggest? which is more future proof? Can somebody pls... tell me waht is arm9lhax? what does it do?

They're both the same CFW.

A9LH is a hax for the more advanced user.

can we make DLC region free ?

Yes.

Say, upgrading the Gateway emuNAND on a N3DS XL would be the same as on an O3DS, right? I'm asking this because I have an unlinked emuNAND on my N3DS XL that is on 9.0 and has the latest firmware update downloaded, but I haven't confirmed the prompt to install it yet, as I would like confirmation that it's safe. I've never upgraded this system's emuNAND; only my O3DS', but I assume it should be the same?

Thank you :)

Yes it is safe to update, but you'll also need to update Gateway as well.

Doesn't look like you need a microSD card.

Can I update the games that I installed with CIAs?
How does gateway works?
How does Power saves work?

1. Yes.
2. Just like any other CFW.
3. Powersaves basically take the save off of your retail cartridge. It's like backing up your games.

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello , I was in version 10.6 of RXTools , I installed Hyrule Warriors and the game told me to update the console and then download the game update .

I updated my Emunand to 10.7 , but for some reason my friend list shows all my friends offline , even though I have another 3ds connected to my side.

I can still play online and enter the eShop , but for some reason friends are always offlines.

My friends can see me online , but in my 3ds they are all offline.

How do I fix this bug ?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aureinand and Reinand are basically two different cfws at this point. Even though Aureinand used Reinand as a base, it has incorporated many new features that Reinand doesn't have at the moment and may never have.

Yeah, I know. He was talking about in terms of functionality, where they're the exact same.

The only real difference between AuReiNand and ReiNand are the compatibility.

Reactions: Just Passing By

CVagts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure is the most noob question one can ask, but if I want to get a Sky3DS+ and a R4i 3DS Gold for my New 3DSXL, what's the most reliable site to buy these cards from? All of these sites seem super shady to me and I'm not sure which ones I trust with my CC info, if any.

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could avoid using this by installing CFW and using a save editor instead. Actually I'm pretty sure I have used SVDT to export/import saves through Homebrew without CFW.

I guess if you're using it for DS games it may be worth it, but I feel like there is a DS save editor out there too.

EDIT: It's TWL save tool. I've never used it though.
I'm using it to install Oothax.

Doesn't look like you need a microSD card.
I was asking if it has a slot to read a microSD on it, but after looking up some pictures of it, it does not seem to. I already ordered it a week ago so it looks like I wasted $6 lol.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
made i something wrong??

i just install A9LH on my 3ds with aureinand, WORKS SO GOOOD, but something is bothering me

my 3ds blocks space, even with no games or app installed is smaller than my another 3ds with no thing installed too

my quess is: FBI inject into safety app or something related to A9LH installed

can someone elucidate me?

image in spoiler

eNuOt7X.jpg

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's one for ya! FBI launched through Homebrew Launcher won't install any of the CIAs I've tried, and neither DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, nor FBI will run as .3ds files on Gateway mode EmuNAND. Why would that happen?

I'm on a N3DS, SysNAND 9.2, EmuNAND 10.7, if it means anything. The only way to even make it run though is HBL on SysNAND.

aoisoraa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Will the emuNAND back up my saves and games from my emuNAND? I have CIA installs no 3dz.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

I was well versed with the 3ds scene in the past but I lost touch with it after not picking up my 3ds for a long time. I'm not looking for the hassle of troubleshooting if something goes wrong with my 3ds either, no longer have the time for that unfortunately.

Now I want to backup my entire emuNAND in case something happens to it, SD cards aren't the most durable things in the world and I just got really into Rune Factory 4. Please help me in doing so?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: