• Views 4,458,253
  • Replies 53,773
  • Likes 43

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help out with DS flashcart suggestions?
There's some classic Square games I'd like to get on here. I saw peachds mentioned but now they dont carry anything directly.
and there seem to be quite a few so I'm a little lost.
I'm currently on Sys9.2, emu 10.7 but I do have a9lh set up.
I saw some flashcarts were only loadable via sysnand so I am willing to merge the emu to sys if required.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, because it's a new SD card, emuNAND needs to be formatted on it.

Yes, copy all of the files from your original SD card to the new one (you don't need to copy over any emuNAND backups over yet though). Setup EmuNAND9 and format your emuNAND.

When emuNAND is formatted, it formats the whole SD card so it can add another partition to it; this is why you need to copy your backed up files to the SD card again. This time, when copying your backed up files, make sure to also copy the emuNAND_formatted.bin file to the root of the SD card as well. From there, use EmuNAND9 to inject emuNAND_formatted.bin to your emuNAND.

Thanks for the explanation! I have successfully convert the new Sd card to emunand, but when i tried to inject emuNAND_formatted.bin to emuNAND (choosing "clone file to emunand" in EmuNAND manger options), it dsyd "no usable file found, clone file to emunand:failed"

Is it possible to just skip this part of injecting the emuNAND_formatted.bin and just continue the verification stage?

Just to refresh what happened before, my sd card broke during the otp verification part (so part 4 section 2 downgrade, step 14-- failed the validation stage 1 and 2 so I kept on repeating the step 9-14)

Aline Pereira Rêgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, is there a way to use cheats like action replay on the 3ds games or is the only way to cheat by hacking the save games (power saves?)
How do these work?

Tactical Fart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to successfully downgrade to 9.2. I'm following the guide here to install reinand, but it gets stuck at the red screen at 3:02 in the video. I've looked around and I found this, which the guy who uploaded the video even pointed out, but I don't understand the lingo as well as I should. I used the exact same files he did though. Could someone please explain what they are saying to do or point me to a tut that can show me how to fix it?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Noob questions:
Relative has a 3ds that firmware 4.5.10
I want to help to hack it but idk with below 9.2

Any guide someone can point to me on that?

Btw, I personally do not understand mset stuff, so I doubt they will understand it as well
Bump again. Someone tried to answer, but the question wasn't A9LH, but just what can I do with 4.5

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember in the RetroArch thread for 3DS homebrew people would sometimes say to not play games that are heavy on sram or it could ruin your SD card. I've been wanting to play Kirby's Dream Course on Blargsnes, but it seems to save sram a lot. What exactly is the harm that causes?

Xrosader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a really odd glitch. What point are you at in the game? Is it in a specific dungeon or a cutscene?
I'm sorry for not replying before. Wathever, it is after a cutscene in which you have a conversation with your partner and Shelmet. However, even if you had a solution, I wouldn't be able to try it since my 3DS has stopped reading my SD card.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Okay, so... I have A9LH installed and that's pretty neat and stuff. But when I installed it I encountered a serious problem with modified TWL_FIRM. sysUpdater threw me errors with it so I removed it and updated to latest firmware thinking that everything should be fine. BUT sysUpdater continued to throw me errors related to TWL_FIRM so I was forced to take a risk and flash EmuNAND with incompleted downgrade into SysNAND. Gladly, sysUpdater downgrades TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM last. But I still have a question:
What IS the correct way to remove patched TWL_FIRM before downgrading?
Thanks in advance

EDIT: nvm, found the answer myself. Just deleted twl_firm via FBI and then installed original twl_firm via DevMenu.

Last edited by Elveman,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the explanation! I have successfully convert the new Sd card to emunand, but when i tried to inject emuNAND_formatted.bin to emuNAND (choosing "clone file to emunand" in EmuNAND manger options), it dsyd "no usable file found, clone file to emunand:failed"

Is it possible to just skip this part of injecting the emuNAND_formatted.bin and just continue the verification stage?

Just to refresh what happened before, my sd card broke during the otp verification part (so part 4 section 2 downgrade, step 14-- failed the validation stage 1 and 2 so I kept on repeating the step 9-14)
You can complete the process without restoring emuNAND_formatted.bin, but you'll need to start from the beginning of Part 4 of the guide.

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello , I was in version 10.6 of RXTools , I installed Hyrule Warriors and the game told me to update the console and then download the game update .

I updated my Emunand to 10.7 , but for some reason my friend list shows all my friends offline , even though I have another 3ds connected to my side.

I can still play online and enter the eShop , but for some reason friends are always offlines.

My friends can see me online , but in my 3ds they are all offline.

How do I fix this bug ?

Last edited by Lucas Melo,

CPURules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! i just received my gateway 3ds today. i'm working on the install instructions, but i'm stuck at step 3 of the menuhax/HBL portion: there is no change theme button. i'm running on firmware 8.1.0-19U so it's older, which i'm guessing is why that option isn't available. do i need to update to a newer version that is still compatible but also has the change theme option (and, if so, which version & how do i do it?) or is there something else i have to do? edit: realized it is probably also helpful to note that i am on an older 3DS, not a N3DS.

thanks!

Last edited by CPURules,

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a particularly nooby question about Homebrew (since I haven't been able to install it yet). I'm going to use Oot3Dhax to get Homebrew on my 3DS. I'm wondering, do I have to run Oothax EVERY time I want to run Homebrew or can I place it on my 3DS as an app (like with the Wii Homebrew Channel)?

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a particularly nooby question about Homebrew (since I haven't been able to install it yet). I'm going to use Oot3Dhax to get Homebrew on my 3DS. I'm wondering, do I have to run Oothax EVERY time I want to run Homebrew or can I place it on my 3DS as an app (like with the Wii Homebrew Channel)?

Yes, you need to run it everytime for Homebrew unless you are planning on installing CFW. Upon installing CFW, you can install the Homebrew Launcher .cia and launch that from your emuNAND home screen or from sysNAND during initial boot.

I guess it depends on what you are planning on doing. OoThax may be slow, but it actually works all of the time.

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need to run it everytime for Homebrew unless you are planning on installing CFW. Upon installing CFW, you can install the Homebrew Launcher .cia and launch that from your emuNAND home screen or from sysNAND during initial boot.

I guess it depends on what you are planning on doing. OoThax may be slow, but it actually works all of the time.
Oh okay, I see. Also one more thing: Am I able to use the R4i Save Dongle as a microSD reader? It had asked me to select a microSD at checkout but I'm not even sure it requires one.

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I kinda bricked my N3DS, managed to downgrade to 2.1.0 without turning the WiFi back on first. Just ordered a cheap cart from eBay that has a 4.4.0 update on it. Anyone had any experience with this? Is it safe to update to 4.4.0 from the cart? According to this guide I should update to turn the WiFi back on, then restore from my NAND backup, but then in brackets it says (DON'T UPDATE, ONLY NAND RESTORE). So should I update or not? Sort of mixed messages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol