• Likes 43

Mixitrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo, here's my situation
I got banned (error 002-0102, and confirmed by the customer service guy, which also said that would go away, but hasn't) and i haven't wanted to use the internet so much until now. So im starting to wonder... if I restore my 3ds, make a new emunand, and use a CIA file of the game, will it work?

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, i will oothax my old 3ds on 10.6 tonight.. is it wise to format the system memory first ? so to start clean?

vubaothuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys, noob here.

Can some one help me with my 2ds? I just got one firm 6.0.0-12U. I can access browser. I would like to install CFW and Gateway. I'm abit lost. Can you guys direct me to some reading material or a guide? Thank you :)

Large Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just redo section 4 and you will have BBM back.

Section 4 - Installing a CIA Installer :mthr:

Thanks, it worked great. I took it a step further and attempted to install rxtools in sysNAND, via the same thread and the following instructions:
Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!

These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

Second note: This will only work with rxTools 3.0 nightly (from September onwards I think). No one has found a way for it to work with rxTools 2.6 and under as far as I know. The rxTools build included in Section 1 works with this.
  1. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  2. Make sure your WiFi is on and you are connected to the Internet!!
  3. Launch rxmode SysNAND (Hold L when booting rxTools to access it)
  4. Open BigBlueMenu (or any other CIA installer)
  5. If you already have access to the Homebrew Launcher, skip to step 9!!
  6. Install hblauncher_loader.cia (it's in the CIAs folder)
  7. Exit to the HOME menu; there will be a new gift. It is the Homebrew Launcher cia.
  8. Launch the Homebrew Launcher via the Homebrew Launcher cia you just installed in SysNAND.
    • Browserhax instead!
    • If you can access the HBL through any other *hax entrypoint in regular or rxmode sysnand, such as Cubic Ninja, Ironfall, Ocarina of Time, etc., then I urge you to do so. They usually work better than Browserhax.
  9. In the Homebrew Launcher, run the menuhax_manager installer and install menuhax.
  10. After all that, test if menuhax boots you into the homebrew menu at cold boot. Just turn off your 3DS and turn it back on, and don't press any buttons.
  11. On your SD card, look for the file which name starts with "ropbinpayload". Open it with HxD (included in the 3DSCFWKIT/Tools folder).
  12. Press CTRL+F, change Type to "Text string", and search for boot.3dsx. There will be two results.
  13. Change both to auto.3dsx and save the file.

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the bottom screen flash multiple colors, followed by the rxTools splash screen.
The Menuhax button config is as follows:
  • Menuhax loads if no buttons are held while the 3DS boots.
  • Menuhax does not load if your hold the R button while the 3DS boots.
Additionally:
  • If you hold L while the 3DS boots, you will boot into the rxTools menu.
  • If you hold SELECT while the 3DS boots, you will boot into the CTRBootManager menu.

everything seemed to work fine until I changed the boot.3dsx text string to auto.3dsx in HxD. After attempting to cold boot my o3ds, it would show the code on the top screen and colors flashing at the bottom (as if menuhax was loading). Then, just as the tut said, rxtools splash screen flashed for a sec. But afterwards, the screen flashing colors started again along with the code on top. But here's the kicker: after all of this, I the colors stop flashing and the bottom screen is a solid red while the top screen is still black.

I tried holding R/L/select during 3ds boot to see if it would load me into rxTools, CTRBootManager, or just the basic 3ds home menu, but both buttons lead me to the basic 3ds home menu with HBL, dev menu, and bbm being inaccessible.

Should I just undo the boot.3dsx change to auto.3dsx or is there something else I'm messing up with?

I did notice that in my 3ds there were 2 different ropbinpayload files, although only one of them seemed to have two references of boot.3dsx (which in turn is the file I edited).

Last edited by Large Leader,

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i'm completely lost. cant remember the last time i messed with my 3ds, but bravely second is out and i wanna play it. i have a gateway 3ds flash cart. so i was trying to install emunand, cause i didnt have it before. im currently on 9.2.0-20U. i put the put the corresponding files in the micro sd card and regular sd card after formating them and started my ds. when i click on the game (deep labyrinth) it goes into black screen and i get error message: "an error has occurred. press and hold the power button to turn system off. please refer to the operations manual for details." can someone help me out? i looked around all day yesterday trying to figure this out, but i cant.

Hey guys, noob here.

Can some one help me with my 2ds? I just got one firm 6.0.0-12U. I can access browser. I would like to install CFW and Gateway. I'm abit lost. Can you guys direct me to some reading material or a guide? Thank you :)

Here's the link to the official support manual for Gateway. http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GW-3-7-1.pdf

It says 10.4, but it works for 10.7 as long as you have the latest files that are linked to within the guide. Bear in mind the .3DS files go on the sd in the red card and .cia files go on the sd that goes in the 3ds itself. You can't use .cia files without creating an emunand as they install to the emunand. As long as you set everything up well, games should work. If a game continues to be problematic, it's possible that the file is corrupt.
Some CFWs are compatible with Gateway in a dual boot sort of system, but you will probably need to do some tinkering with the boot files depending on how each CFW boots.

I just have quick questions about arm9loaderhax.

I followed Plailect's guide and everything is installed and working :grog: I searched the forums but came up with opposing answers, so sorry if this is too noobie.

If I install .cias, will entering the eshop delete them? Or cause a ban? Will it be safe to update games via eshop or update firmware via system settings?

I'm guessing that updating via system settings is now okay with the latest version of AuReiNand and other threads saying don't update were made before implementation of the patches.

Last edited by Ikki Barri,
Reactions: vubaothuan

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, I need help with NTR CFW. I need it to be able to play the translation for Beyond the Labyrinth and according to the translation thread I need to add a plugin for NTR so it can run without problems. My question is what version of NTR I need? I tried 3.0 and it didn't work. I have a N3DS with sysnand 9.2 and emunand in 10.7

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, it worked great. I took it a step further and attempted to install rxtools in sysNAND, via the same thread and the following instructions:
Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!

These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

Second note: This will only work with rxTools 3.0 nightly (from September onwards I think). No one has found a way for it to work with rxTools 2.6 and under as far as I know. The rxTools build included in Section 1 works with this.
  1. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  2. Make sure your WiFi is on and you are connected to the Internet!!
  3. Launch rxmode SysNAND (Hold L when booting rxTools to access it)
  4. Open BigBlueMenu (or any other CIA installer)
  5. If you already have access to the Homebrew Launcher, skip to step 9!!
  6. Install hblauncher_loader.cia (it's in the CIAs folder)
  7. Exit to the HOME menu; there will be a new gift. It is the Homebrew Launcher cia.
  8. Launch the Homebrew Launcher via the Homebrew Launcher cia you just installed in SysNAND.
    • Browserhax instead!
    • If you can access the HBL through any other *hax entrypoint in regular or rxmode sysnand, such as Cubic Ninja, Ironfall, Ocarina of Time, etc., then I urge you to do so. They usually work better than Browserhax.
  9. In the Homebrew Launcher, run the menuhax_manager installer and install menuhax.
  10. After all that, test if menuhax boots you into the homebrew menu at cold boot. Just turn off your 3DS and turn it back on, and don't press any buttons.
  11. On your SD card, look for the file which name starts with "ropbinpayload". Open it with HxD (included in the 3DSCFWKIT/Tools folder).
  12. Press CTRL+F, change Type to "Text string", and search for boot.3dsx. There will be two results.
  13. Change both to auto.3dsx and save the file.

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the bottom screen flash multiple colors, followed by the rxTools splash screen.
The Menuhax button config is as follows:
  • Menuhax loads if no buttons are held while the 3DS boots.
  • Menuhax does not load if your hold the R button while the 3DS boots.
Additionally:
  • If you hold L while the 3DS boots, you will boot into the rxTools menu.
  • If you hold SELECT while the 3DS boots, you will boot into the CTRBootManager menu.

everything seemed to work fine until I changed the boot.3dsx text string to auto.3dsx in HxD. After attempting to cold boot my o3ds, it would show the code on the top screen and colors flashing at the bottom (as if menuhax was loading). Then, just as the tut said, rxtools splash screen flashed for a sec. But afterwards, the screen flashing colors started again along with the code on top. But here's the kicker: after all of this, I the colors stop flashing and the bottom screen is a solid red while the top screen is still black.

I tried holding R/L/select during 3ds boot to see if it would load me into rxTools, CTRBootManager, or just the basic 3ds home menu, but both buttons lead me to the basic 3ds home menu with HBL, dev menu, and bbm being inaccessible.

Should I just undo the boot.3dsx change to auto.3dsx or is there something else I'm messing up with?

I did notice that in my 3ds there were 2 different ropbinpayload files, although only one of them seemed to have two references of boot.3dsx (which in turn is the file I edited).
One of the ropbinpayload files is a backup probably, made by HxD.

Try holding R after you see the rxTools splash screen. It is quite possible that you have Menuhax in EmuNAND as well, causing a boot loop. Holding R should disable it from loading in EmuNAND, and you should be able to change theme to remove it. If your nands are still linked, that is why this is happening (I believe).

N

NoGamer

@samiam144 Quick question for you :). Is it true that MenuHax have only 25% boot rate succes ?! I was thinking to get MenuHax but now i read and understand the new arm9loaderhax i going to go for that with AuReiNand CFW, also they say it have 100% boot rate succes.

Large Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the ropbinpayload files is a backup probably, made by HxD.

Try holding R after you see the rxTools splash screen. It is quite possible that you have Menuhax in EmuNAND as well, causing a boot loop. Holding R should disable it from loading in EmuNAND, and you should be able to change theme to remove it. If your nands are still linked, that is why this is happening (I believe).

I'm not sure about it being a backup. I opened up my root and found two ropbinpayload files before finding HxD.

And yeah, I came to that conclusion as well. My Nand's are no longer linked (or I'm led to believe that

@samiam144 Quick question for you :). Is it true that MenuHax have only 25% boot rate succes ?! I was thinking to get MenuHax but now i read and understand the new arm9loaderhax i going to go for that with AuReiNand CFW, also they say it have 100% boot rate succes.

I'm also very interested in this. I wasn't sure if it was my o3ds or not, but it would take 1-3 attempts for Menuhax to boot properly. At least for my end, I think I'll stick to MenuHax unless/if I get a n3ds.

Reactions: samiam144

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not worth now changing to AL9H only for a higher boot rate. Menuhax has a boot rate about 75 - 80 %.

GKGC34

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For me the Menuhax boot rate success is something around 90% which is not bad at all.
And as @Traiver said, arm9loaderhax is currently not worth a brick (even if following the instructions result in a near zero failure rate).
But no doubt it will be perfected in the future.

N

NoGamer

I'm not see the addition of MenuHax at this moment, MSET or BrowserHax is fast enough for me. And yes i have to boot in my SysNAND first but how many times a day you boot your 3DSs. :)

Btw, AL9H boots before SysNAND so you can recover SysNANDS bricks without a hardware mod, is this also possible for MenuHax ?

Reactions: samiam144

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm reposting this since it looks like it's burried, i hope someone can help!

I'm following this guide and during the OTP verification part, my SD card was broken (this is a new sd card, so not the ones that comes with the 3ds).
Long story short, I copied everything inside that sd card and exchange it with a new one.

I basically just found out that you're supposed to make a backup of that old SD card with the emunand tool thing (which I didnt do, I just copied everything manually, but not using that fancy program), and the problem is I dont have that sd card anymore.

Is there any chance that I can just copy the whole files that I have saved into the new sd card?
If it's not the case, then is there any chance that I can just revert my 3ds back to scratch and do it all over again with the new sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work