• Views 4,462,459
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
my n3ds sd card keep going corrupted day after day and i have to reinstall reinand again all my games takes a full day,,is it possible for me to backup the entire 3ds system that next time which it will happen so i can just restore it my 3ds to how it was,,

Bereavement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you boot straight into Sysupdater.

Because first you go CTR-->Homebrew-->Sysupdater--> back to homebrew.

Then if you can't boot into Sysupdater then you can't do anything about it.

But you can't update to 10.5, you'd need a hardmod to downgrade.
Are you sure?
Says here that ninjax and browserhax work on 10.5?
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my n3ds sd card keep going corrupted day after day and i have to reinstall reinand again all my games takes a full day,,is it possible for me to backup the entire 3ds system that next time which it will happen so i can just restore it my 3ds to how it was,,
you should get a new sd card beyond that, if you make a backup of your emunand and its corresponding nintendo 3ds folder you can use emunand tool to re-inject emunand to your sd card then simply copy back the nintendo 3ds folder

Last edited by wormdood,

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you should get a new sd card beyond that, if you make a backup of your emunand and its corresponding nintendo 3ds folder you can use emunand tool to re-inject emunand to your sd card then simply copy back the nintendo 3ds folder

i just bought this 64gb micro sd a week ago maybe ill go back return it and get a new one as for backup how do i make a backup of emunand and nintendo 3ds folder you mean the one on my sd card root nintendo 3ds folder?

Alaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, dearest community :-)
I humbly apologise for asking something that, I guess, must have already been answered but I am simply overwhelmed by the too many too huge threads and the overwhelming amount of information. I am no stranger to VideoGaming or hacking, far from it. I simple could not find a clear and definitive answer to my questions:

1. Is there any way that I can play in any form a backup game/ROM without any flashcart?
1a. What official firmware would that require?

2. Can I boot into something like a Gateway mode/emunand without the need of the Gateway cartridge? If so, would I be able to play .cia games that I had installed, using Gateway beforehand?

I thank you sincerely for your replies and I apologise if I am being a burden asking something that's already answered :-)

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, dearest community :-)
I humbly apologise for asking something that, I guess, must have already been answered but I am simply overwhelmed by the too many too huge threads and the overwhelming amount of information. I am no stranger to VideoGaming or hacking, far from it. I simple could not find a clear and definitive answer to my questions:

1. Is there any way that I can play in any form a backup game/ROM without any flashcart?
1a. What official firmware would that require?

2. Can I boot into something like a Gateway mode/emunand without the need of the Gateway cartridge? If so, would I be able to play .cia games that I had installed, using Gateway beforehand?

I thank you sincerely for your replies and I apologise if I am being a burden asking something that's already answered :-)

Looks like you didn't do enough research, but I'll still answer your questions anyways.

1. Yes. In the form of .cia files. It's like a downloaded game from the eshop.
1a. Depends on the game.

2. For Gateway? No. You need the cart. But if you use CFW you don't need the Gateway cart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In regards to your response to question 2, I think I got that idea because under the "releasename" column on that website, all the game titles have another name at the end of them (eg. "BigBlueBox" is at the end of FE Fates). I assumed this was the name of the group that cracked/fixed the rom so that it was easily playable. If this website list is just giving standard details about 3DS games, I would have expected there to be lots of random names at the end of game titles under the "releasename" column since anyone can make a rom off a cartridge they own and upload it to the internet. But on that list every game has the same few names, like BigBlueBox, Pussycat, Abstrakt, and Venom, which made me think that there were certain groups "cracking" the roms. Sorta like torrents for PC games tend to have the same names attached to the titles like CODEX, RG Freedom, SKIDROW or RELOADED (which I assumed were names of the groups cracking the games). Anyway, thanks for clarifying that.

One last question--is there an easy way to know if a game or rom is crypto-fixed? Other than downloading it and trying it out? I actually have never seen the words "crypto-fixed" on any of the websites where I download games. If there is a list of available crypto-fixed games online, please let me know. Thanks again!

Yeah I get that, but you don't crack 3DS games. It's just dumping it from the cart.

They should tell you if the game you're downloading is Crypto-fixed or not.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is in the right area, but figured I'd get flamed less here..

Things I have:

O3DS (my main system) updated to 10.5
2DS from Mario Kart bundle (have only been saving as a backup-hasn't even been taken out of the box yet)
Preordered 2 (Walmart and Best Buy-Walmart always seems to cancel my preorders..) Pokemon N3DS (unknown firmware at this point)

FWIW, I also have OOT (retail) and PowerSaves. I also have a DSTwo flashcart.

I am looking to fully system transfer everything (games, NNID, all save data, Smash DLC, etc.) from my O3DS to the eventual N3DS I have preordered, assuming the N3DS has 10.3 firmware or less (I'm pretty sure 10.5 is not downgradeable yet). So I would like to downgrade this N3DS to 9.2 first if that is possible and then set up emuNAND to 10.5. I have briefly read through some of the guides, namely this one:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

I'm not really sure what is necessary on the forums with all this ironhax/rxtools/ninjhax/browserhax/menuhax business, and what is most up to date. It reminds me of every time I get a new phone (just got an S4). I want to root it, but there always seems to be outdated stuff everywhere..

EDIT: I have figured out all the "hax" allow you to access homebrew. Still catching up on CIA/FBI/rxtools/payloads, etc.. I also cannot get browserhax to work on 10.5 (after about 25 attempts-screen only goes orange). I used this:

I know I would like to be able to use the PSSE (I'd like to use this now actually :) My addiction to this game is probably the main reason for hacking..):

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psse-pokemon-shuffle-save-editor.396499/

and whatever variant of PKHeX is available nowadays. I had been using it before, but I updated to get smash DLC :/

Any other benefits are just icing I suppose. I figure being on 9.2 leaves me with the most options later.

Thank you in advance for your time/response.

EDIT 2: I have successfully used OOThax to get homebrew and use PSSE via savmanager. I cannot install menuhax 2.1 through the installer and still cannot install bwoserhax (don't really care I guess either).

Last edited by fireguy85,

Bereavement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone is having the same issue I was, I found a solution.
You have to install rxtools, then install FBI and systupdater (using the .CIA files), enter dev mode, then run sysupdater from there and it should work.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get run Sliderhax on my 5.1.0-11E original 3DS but even after placing the starter kit on the SD card, clearing the browser data, whenever I go to the Sliderhax page and try and activate it, I get a yellow screen on the bottom screen followed by "an error has occured". Is this because my 3DS firmware is too low?

Or should I try this several times until I get it to work?

Unfortunately I have European Super Smash Bros and that comes with 8.1.

MrBananaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get run Sliderhax on my 5.1.0-11E original 3DS but even after placing the starter kit on the SD card, clearing the browser data, whenever I go to the Sliderhax page and try and activate it, I get a yellow screen on the bottom screen followed by "an error has occured". Is this because my 3DS firmware is too low?

try a few tmes, browserhax is pretty unstable and takes some tries to get working.

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my n3ds xl hacked already. Reinand. But know I want to get regular ds games. Is there without needing a flashcard? Or do I need to get one? Note this is for only ds games and not 3ds games. And which flashcard would be best to get to play ds games? I have a n3ds xl reinand at 10.5 sysnand at 9.2.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have my n3ds xl hacked already. Reinand. But know I want to get regular ds games. Is there without needing a flashcard? Or do I need to get one? Note this is for only ds games and not 3ds games. And which flashcard would be best to get to play ds games? I have a n3ds xl reinand at 10.5 sysnand at 9.2.
Currently, there is no way to run DS roms without a flashcart.

You have a few options for flashcarts. I can't name all of the ones that work, but the R4i 3DS RTS, R4i Gold and Supercard DSTWO all work for the 3DS. Just depends on the price you want to pay.

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, there is no way to run DS roms without a flashcart.

You have a few options for flashcarts. I can't name all of the ones that work, but the R4i 3DS RTS, R4i Gold and Supercard DSTWO all work for the 3DS. Just depends on the price you want to pay.

Thanks. Is there any the works on a n3ds xl out of the box possible for 10.5?

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the ones I listed should work out of the box. There are a few other carts that require a downgraded whitelist to work (such as the Gateway blue card).

Awesome. I had my supercard dstwo from a long time go but I guess it's broken. Tried using it but it's shot. Just doesn't read. Even with the files on it. Reason I ask about out of the box is because I remember some I had to us a regular ds to update in order to use it on a 3ds. That's not needed anymore from the sounds of it

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi
I want a noob friendly guide to how to install reiNAND on n3ds.

I already have gw emunand, but want to try reiNAND.

Last edited by aos10,

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey folks, it has been ages since I last time visit the homebrew scene. I just updated my GW to 3.7.1, my CFW is still 9.42 though, should I update it to the latest version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk