• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm able to boot into both emunand (10.4) and sysnand (9.2) but for the life of me I can't see how to setup my NNID again. I can load into the eShop on emunand fine but I can't link up my old NNID. I read somewhere that I should setup the NNID in sysnand but I can't get the option to populate in Settings. I'm really worried that somehow I've lost access to my NNID and the $500+ of software I bought has just gone *poof*. Any suggestions??

edit: so it helps if you use the right email address. I was able to link up my NNID in emuNAND. I'm officially the forum idiot because the issues I've had were all due to my stupidity. Wow.

Last edited by Kadin,

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have been able to upgrade my 2DS from 7.0 to 9.2 without issues. I have installed MenuHax and CN.

I'm now looking for a easy to install guide for emuNAND (non-GW) CFW that support 10.4, I'm open to recommendations but the guide needs to be fool-proof that doesn't have a million steps and support coldboot with MenuHax

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
10.4 came out Monday
yes and thats the firmware i updated my emunand to like 20 hours ago. it shows 10.4 in system settings too.
but starting badge arcade, it still shows rx-e-10.3 on the lower right corner and that bunny tells me theres a brand new version of one of my badges and i need to do an update first.

i'm not playing badge arcade for long, so i have no idea if its just trying to update the arcade or if its wanting to mess with system firmware (since it clearly shpws the wrong firmware in badge arcade) :/

oh, it actually says 1.3.0
but why is it adding the rx-e part if it isn't firmware related...

anyhow, does anyone else get the badge arcade update message and did anything happen if you did=

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is there a way to get around the "Need twice the space the .cia uses to install" thing? My SD card is merely 4gb, but EmuNAND+RxTools lower my total space to 2.6 gb, so i cannot install any game 1.3+ gb.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been unable to find an answer to this question that wasn't dated late 2014, so I'm wondering if the situation has changed.

Is there any way to prevent eShop/badge arcade/any Nintendo connection from deleting installed dlc? I've got the mii plaza games in .CIA form and every day, the badge arcade uninstall them. Not necessarily a big deal, but tedious to install them again all the time.

Cheers,
Ace

Last edited by AceEvo55,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to get around the "Need twice the space the .cia uses to install" thing? My SD card is merely 4gb, but EmuNAND+RxTools lower my total space to 2.6 gb, so i cannot install any game 1.3+ gb.
i think fbi does support some kind of networking install, which lets you use wireless to send the cia data while the game installs, so you don't have to two times space problem. but you need stable wifi and it generally takes longer.

you'd be much much better of migrating to a 16 - 32 gb sd card. (64 works too, but i think anything above 32 it is overkill. you'll never need that many games at once.)
a brand one isn't even all that expensive (i got mine for about 18 bucks.) and migrating from a 4gb card is comparably quick with emunandtool. you'll just have to extract your current emunand (the hidden 1gb on your sd), prepare the new sd, inject your emunand and then copy over the rest of your files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ive been unable to find an answer to this question that wasn't dated late 2014, so I'm wondering if the situation has changed.

Is there any way to prevent eShop/badge arcade/any Nintendo connection from deleting installed dlc? I've got the mii plaza games in .CIA form and every day, the badge arcade uninstall them. Not necessarily a big deal, but tedious to install them again all the time.

Cheers,
Ace

nope. connecting to these services checks your tickets and stuff (cfw usually makes it so the system ignores them, but nintendo servers still do their thing), and you dont have the right tickets so it voids them. sadly, there's no way around that yet

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope. connecting to these services checks your tickets and stuff (cfw usually makes it so the system ignores them, but nintendo servers still do their thing), and you dont have the right tickets so it voids them. sadly, there's no way around that yet
Fair enough, just thought I'd check! Thanks for the quick reply!

fraggery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey, so I got CFW working on my 9.2 emuNAND, all fine and dandy. But when I update my emuNAND to 10.3 via SysUpdater, or 10.4 via Nintendo's official method, and my 3DS freezes after a seconds when I boot up my emuNAND. An error message then pops up asking me to turn it off, and rebooting it does the same thing over and over again. Only way to fix this is injecting my emuNAND.bin into the SDcard. What am I doing wrong? This is a Japanese n3DS btw.
Anyone else familiar with this problem?

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it, had to turn off the wifi and get the tubehax DNS on for some reason???

Last edited by fraggery,

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got my n3DS XL downgraded, but what about 3DS systems below 9.2? Do they need to be updated? If so, how?

Here's my group's updated list of 3DS systems:

n3DS XL: 9.0.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)
n3DS XL: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (downgraded from 10.3.0-28U, sysNAND backed up, emuNAND not set up yet)

o3DS XL: 6.0.0-11U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS XL: 4.3.0-10U sysNAND, 9.2.0-20U emuNAND, 16GB SDHC (Gateway only)
o3DS XL: 4.5.0-10U sysNAND, 9.4.0-21U emuNAND, 4GB SDHC (Gateway only)
o3DS XL: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)

o3DS: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 3.0.0-6U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 7.1.0-15U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 4.5.0-9U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 4.5.0-10U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)

What should be done with the 3.0, 6.0, 7.1, and 9.0 systems? 4.3, 4.5, and 9.2 are fine as-is, right?

What's better to have on sysNAND, 4.3 or 9.2? How would I update to 9.2?

I have a copy of Paper Mario: Sticker Star that updates to 4.3, but I don't own a copy of Smash with 9.2 on it.
Do I just use sysUpdater to update to 9.2, or do I need to find one of those 9.2 Smash 3DS carts?

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
My badge in a specific place is disappearing after launching homebrew CIA's, maybe after rebooting 3DS. Is it common?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP