1. Critichart

Critichart Advanced Member
    Newcomer

El Salvador
    You've been so nice, thank you! :D btw can i pm you? :C please you know a lot about this :( i can record a vid and show you.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    RxTools doesn't support the latest emuNAND. Why isn't ReiNAND an option? Your saves will still be there on a different CFW. You can use FreeMultiPatcher if you need region free.

I don't think this is possible.

If you're already on 9.0-9.2 then there's no risk of restoring the MSET. If you're upgrading to 9.2 first, then the MSET will be restored, but it can be downgraded again.

calebsw likes this.
  3. iv2b

iv2b Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I've recently finished downgrading my n3ds and installing reinand's emunand. Thus as of now reinand coldboots.
    However i'm now left with a question:
    When i try to change a theme through the theme manager located in the menuhax(chmm, this is done by booting and pressing down arrow so it doesn't boot reinand but stops at the purple menu, in which i choose to run the menuhax to access the homebrew channel), it makes me change the theme of my sysnand instead of my memnand and it breaks the coldboot.
    To fix the coldboot i had to re-install menuhax 2.1, so now it works again, but i don't know how to do it properly.

However, now i don't know how to change my emunand's theme (since it changes the sysnand's instead, while keeping the emunand's theme intact, which means they're correctly unliked).
    Any advice would be helpful. =)

4. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    You need to boot into emuNAND then launch the HBL to change emuNAND's theme. Until you boot into emuNAND, any changes you make will affect sysNAND.

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

United States
    Has it ever been made possible to get Zelda Four Swords Anniversary (DSIware) to work on a 4.5 O3DS using Gateway & emunand?

6. iv2b

iv2b Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I gotta say i have no clue what HBL actually is. From what i've googled it looks like a .cia i would install with FBI which allows me to access menuhax?
    Cause, since i have my emunand to 10.4 i can't use browserhax to do such a thing. (unless i'm completely failing to understand your statement)

7. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    Oh, HBL just stands for Homebrew Launcher. You just need to boot into the Homebrew Launcher from emuNAND. There is a cia you can install to boot to it from emuNAND, or you can use a Cubic Ninja cia and use Ninjhax. I'm not sure if Browserhax works.

8. iv2b

iv2b Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Just checked from here and it says that i would need to set up ninjax to get HBL to actually run, tbh i'm not very fond of the idea of messing with that one as well since i've done everything with browserhax thus far.

I guess i could try to convert the files to .cia?
    Or maybe, if i find cubic ninja as .cia and install it, would i be able to run ninjhax?

9. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    Yes, you'll need to install Cubic Ninja as a cia to run Ninjhax. For some reason the cart version won't boot in emuNAND.

You can also use the cia from here to launch the HBL from emuNAND.

10. iv2b

iv2b Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Well then i would've been right all along, that .cia worked flawlessy. (tho i wasn't sure so i asked before i'd commit)

Ty for your help, greatly appreciated. =)

BobDoleOwndU likes this.
  11. lynx2303

lynx2303 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for the answer but the main issue really is the Amiibo support. Amiibo works with ReiNAND? Is needed a specific system version to make it work?

12. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    Amiibo support was added in 9.6 if I remember correctly. Amiibos should work with ReiNAND.

13. calebsw

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm on menuhax 2.0. To update it to 2.1, do I just replace all the menuhax files in /3ds/menuhax_manager? Or do I have to set it up again? Should I delete the config files that were created when I set up menuhax 2.0?

14. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    You'll need to replace the files in the /3ds/menuhax_manager and reinstall it from the HBL. I'm not sure if you need to delete the config files, you might want to delete them just to be safe.

15. calebsw

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You're pretty awesome @BobDoleOwndU. I got another question now, not necessarily for you, but maybe you'll be the one to answer it. I'm trying to restore my stock mset now, and when I use 3DNUS, it doesn't download the file. The progress bar stops at about 20% and then nothing, no matter how long I wait. I'm assuming the server that is hosting these files is down. Is there any other way for me to download this file around the web? I saw this thread which would, in theory, let me download with a make_cdn_cia.exe file, but i'm really hesitant to go through with that, because I don't really know what I'm doing and the potential to screw up seems greater than just using the file downloaded through 3dNUS. Anyways, so what can I do? I'm looking for 0004001000021000 v8203, for what it's worth. It's not something that's available anywhere else on the web?

BobDoleOwndU likes this.
  16. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    3DSNUS unfortunately can't download the older update files anymore because Nintendo took them off of their CDN severs which 3DNUS relied on.

The update cias are still available on "some iso site." I'm not sure if you'll be able to download the individual MSET cia though, you might need to download the whole update pack to get it.

calebsw likes this.
  17. calebsw

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh! so that's what the problem is. I knew I wasn't crazy when I kept trying to use 3dnus. Ok, great, well thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

BobDoleOwndU likes this.
  18. D13PLZ

D13PLZ Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When downloading certain roms I've noticed they might come inside a folder that is accompanied by a "system info file"
    My question is, what exactly is that second file for? Is it needed?

19. SomeRandomGuy212

Newcomer

United States
    Can I get some help with this error I'm getting with FBI? I installed CakeFW and it loads perfectly. However, when I try to load FBI (while in sysNand or emuNand) I get a bottom screen that's yellow and a top screen that is blue and white stripes (at least it looks like they're blue and white). I've tried using older versions of FBI, but the same thing happens. Can anyone help?
    (in case anyone was wondering, I am using a New 3DS running 9.2)

20. YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes to both.
    Did you try deleting the folder as it should solve everything

Critichart likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,