• Views 4,526,843
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is using the latest gateway 3.7.1 just as simple as replacing my dat file, or do I need to do some fancy homebrew stuff to get it working? I don't have homebrew, but I've got mset and emunand on 9.5 that I want to update to 10.4.

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have my N3DS setup with MSET/DS Exploit and MenuHax as entry points into Gateway.

When I load into Gateway > Setting it shows "Ver. 9.0.0-20E" and not "GW X.X.X"
I know I was in Gateway mode before going into Setting due to I can press select to load the GateWay card.

How do I update to Firmware 10.3 these days? last time I updated emuNARD was on my other O3DS about a year ago lol so not sure what is diffrent.

Forgot to mention this is a FRESH INSTALL, do I have to format emuNAND before I can update the firmware?

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions I've been trying to figure out for AGES:
1. How do I get a .cia reading tool onto sysNAND so that I can install GBA/DSi titles properly? I've tried injecting hs.app into H&S on sysNAND and it just broke the app.
2. Cakes keeps saying "couldn't determine firmware version" when I launch it. Anyone know why? I have firmware.bin and cetk in the cakes folder.

freeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so since we can now downgrade 10.x firmwares, would I need a Gateway card to take full advantage of homebrew, emuNAND, CIA, playing games from SD, etc, etc, etc on my n3DS XL?

I'm currently on 10.3 but am about to downgrade to 9.2. I only have a Sky3DS+ card with ninjhax running off cubic ninja on Sky3DS+ and nothing more.

I've read many tutorials but they're all for different versions of hardware, software, and just way too much random information. Don't want to brick or softbrick.

Best course of action to be fully able to do everything?

Thanks in advance everyone!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so since we can now downgrade 10.x firmwares, would I need a Gateway card to take full advantage of homebrew, emuNAND, CIA, playing games from SD, etc, etc, etc on my n3DS XL?

I'm currently on 10.3 but am about to downgrade to 9.2. I only have a Sky3DS+ card with ninjhax running off cubic ninja on Sky3DS+ and nothing more.

I've read many tutorials but they're all for different versions of hardware, software, and just way too much random information. Don't want to brick or softbrick.

Best course of action to be fully able to do everything?

Thanks in advance everyone!
You don't need gateway or sky3ds at all, just a high memory SD card.

You do need gateway if you want to cheat online though.

Reactions: freeza

freeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need gateway or sky3ds at all, just a high memory SD card.

You do need gateway if you want to cheat online though.
Thanks! .. Don't really care about cheating online but I would like cheats and/or mods to games offline. I can do all of this without any flash cart?

Also, will 128gb work? :) thank you for the response.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! .. Don't really care about cheating online but I would like cheats and/or mods to games offline. I can do all of this without any flash cart?

Also, will 128gb work? :) thank you for the response.
Cheating offline can be done either by save editing or using plugin with the cfw ntr (can be used together with other cfw like rxtools). I'm lazy to link ntr atm, you can find that thread.
Save editing, check the rom hacking section of the former. You get the save extracted from the game via svdt or SaveDataFiler and work your magic there.

A game on average is 2.5 GB. You need 2 GB to set up Emunand, then about 2 GB for other homebrew stuff.
64 GB is enough for about at least 27 games.
I'm fine with 32 gb
So I'm going with yes.

High gb means more then 16

ZacharyAlkaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I would like to apologize for this dumb idea.
Since 10.4 is out, a lot of things have been patched.
What if we have a DNS server like tubehax, which would redirect us to the old updates like 9.2.
Now what I mean is that, since tubehax used a server to redirect the 3ds to homebrew webpage why not do the same but rather host an old update to the 3ds.
For example if I have a 3ds on 10.4 or latest and I had a DNS setup on my 3ds that directs it to a 9.2 update. Like a fake server that tricks the 3ds into thinking that there is a new update from nintendo. Would it work?

I hope this make sense I guess
Would like to know what you guys think
Pls show mercy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: How are you