Launch browserhax hbl cake, it s work and gba works
I se arch but....
Thanx

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I use gateway to extract and dump a private header with a 3ds on v.10.3? Also, do I need the gateway cart itself or just the files? :unsure:
You can extract a private header with Gateway without the cart, but you'll need to downgrade to 9.2 to be able to use the Gateway launcher.

N3DSXL here, using sysnand 9.3, emunand 10.4 (w/ reinand), and OoT hax as my main entry point into ctrbootmanager, HBL, reinand, etc.

Since I am using OoT hax from the physical cartridge, is it possible for me to install a .cia of OoT on my emuNAND, or would that conflict with the hax on my cartridge, or else create some weird false-positive?

The reason I ask is becuase I'd like to have a version of OoT to actually play the game, since installing OoT hax renders the game unplayable (from what I have heard).

Thanks!
You can install an OoT cia on emuNAND without issue. I also believe your cart should still work fine, just the file that the exploit save is using won't work.

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can extract a private header with Gateway without the cart, but you'll need to downgrade to 9.2 to be able to use the Gateway launcher.

You can install an OoT cia on emuNAND without issue. I also believe your cart should still work fine, just the file that the exploit save is using won't work.
I actually just read a thread on here from several months back that the size of OoThax renders the other two save slots on the cartridge as completely unusable, which I can confirm as well.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually just read a thread on here from several months back that the size of OoThax renders the other two save slots on the cartridge as completely unusable, which I can confirm as well.
Ah, maybe it's the Gateway OoT exploit I'm thinking of then. You should still be able to install the OoT cia on emuNAND though.

Reactions: saxon48

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a way of coldbooting where it booted the CFW immediately (naming it to boot.3dsx) but also gave you the option to press a button that loaded another .3dsx on the root of your SD card (so you could have choice to boot homebrew menu instead of booting straight into CFW)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a way of coldbooting where it booted the CFW immediately (naming it to boot.3dsx) but also gave you the option to press a button that loaded another .3dsx on the root of your SD card (so you could have choice to boot homebrew menu instead of booting straight into CFW)
CTRBootManager is similar to what you want. You can have it set so that it can boot both CFW and the HBL depending on which option you select.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTRBootManager is similar to what you want. You can have it set so that it can boot both CFW and the HBL depending on which option you select.

I already do that. So I suppose there is no way? The ideal would be pressing any button while menuhax is loading to boot into sysnand, if not you begin by booting straight into CFW but right before that activates it gives you a chance ot hold a certain button that runs another .3dsx on your root, which would be the homebrew launcher.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already do that. So I suppose there is no way? The ideal would be pressing any button while menuhax is loading to boot into sysnand, if not you begin by booting straight into CFW but right before that activates it gives you a chance ot hold a certain button that runs another .3dsx on your root, which would be the homebrew launcher.
There's nothing with that exact functionality right now.

Reactions: mungry

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Probably the closest you can come to that is using BootCTR to boot your CFW if is nothing is held, and then pushing something like R to boot the HB menu (or to boot CTRBootmanager for a menu of other options). Then set up themehax/menuhax to autoboot BootCTR when nothing is pressed. When the screen gets past the initial white colour (maybe at the blue stage or so), you could then begin holding R or whatever button you defined for BootCTR, and it'd boot your alternative menu.

For an example, here's how my setup works:
J4Di9JF.png

My 3DS boots to "emun.3dsx" which is BootCTR, and if I hold nothing I get Reinand. If I then launch the homebrew launcher CIA later, it boots into CTRBootmanager, where I can pick which homebrew launcher I want. Or, if I hold R while booting, I get CTRBootManager again, which lets me boot other CFWs or the other HB launchers.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: mungry

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the closest you can come to that is using BootCTR to boot your CFW if is nothing is held, and then pushing something like R to boot the HB menu (or to boot CTRBootmanager for a menu of other options). Then set up themehax/menuhax to autoboot BootCTR when nothing is pressed. When the screen gets past the initial white colour (maybe at the blue stage or so), you could then begin holding R or whatever button you defined for BootCTR, and it'd boot your alternative menu.

For an example, here's how my setup works:
J4Di9JF.png

My 3DS boots to "emun.3dsx" which is BootCTR, and if I hold nothing I get Reinand. If I then launch the homebrew launcher CIA later, it boots into CTRBootmanager, where I can pick which homebrew launcher I want. Or, if I hold R while booting, I get CTRBootManager again, which lets me boot other CFWs or the other HB launchers.

Daxtsu I love you, this is exactly what I was looking for! :D

Reactions: daxtsu

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have to wonder, I am now on emuNAND 10.3.

How do I get homebrew in? Does Ninjhax works? As I ca simply install cubic ninja.

Also, is it true that is possible to instal an earlier version of the DS flashcard blacklist? Mine got blocked at 6.x

JaimeLannister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everybody.

So after reading several tutorials in here, my main goal is to install CIA on my O3ds.

I haven't touched the scene for months, and currently I am 9.8-24 U (that's how its written, right?). So, please help me and correct me if any of these steps I write here is wrong

1. I have to update my O3DS to the latest version (10.4)
2. I have to install a homebrow launcher like menuhax
3. I have to downgrade to 9.2
4. On 9.2 I can finally install emuNAND and FBI
5. After that, I can install CIA

Sooo from what I've gathered the 10.4 update hasn't hurt the scene so far. Is it correct what I'm doing? Should I not update by any means to 10.4? Please any help is appreciated.

Also, is there any difference using microSD cards or should I stick to normal SD cards for the 3DS?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody.

So after reading several tutorials in here, my main goal is to install CIA on my O3ds.

I haven't touched the scene for months, and currently I am 9.8-24 U (that's how its written, right?). So, please help me and correct me if any of these steps I write here is wrong

1. I have to update my O3DS to the latest version (10.4)
2. I have to install a homebrow launcher like menuhax
3. I have to downgrade to 9.2
4. On 9.2 I can finally install emuNAND and FBI
5. After that, I can install CIA

Sooo from what I've gathered the 10.4 update hasn't hurt the scene so far. Is it correct what I'm doing? Should I not update by any means to 10.4? Please any help is appreciated.

Also, is there any difference using microSD cards or should I stick to normal SD cards for the 3DS?
NOOOOOOO
DO NOT UPDATE TO 10.4

That was correct 2 days ago for 10.3

Try to downgrade without update.

Correction on step 4, when you install emunand, you also want to unlink your nand

Only update to 10.4 if you screwed up and soft brick your system

Layetta

Trophies
XP
Country
So, i have been playing Pokemon Picross, and it is really annoying, waiting days to farm the picrites and get to the next zone. I found a thread that explained how to get infinite picrites (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-infinite-picrites-on-pokemon-picross.404875/). I was reading through it and it said i needed Savedatafiler. Is there a post somewhere that explains how to get savedatafiler? Because i have been searching and cant find anything!!!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i have been playing Pokemon Picross, and it is really annoying, waiting days to farm the picrites and get to the next zone. I found a thread that explained how to get infinite picrites (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-infinite-picrites-on-pokemon-picross.404875/). I was reading through it and it said i needed Savedatafiler. Is there a post somewhere that explains how to get savedatafiler? Because i have been searching and cant find anything!!!
Sdf you get from that iso site.. You can't host it here due nintendo use of it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I can install menuhax from 9.8? And thanks for the help.
Should be possible. Set up tubehax dsn just incase browser has doesn't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I doubt he going to bed alreadty, was just teasing him