• Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a long story why I want to un-hack it. Mostly because all my stuff is gone and I can't get it back because FBI doesn't work on emuNAND. AT ALL.
Well, I just restored my sysNAND and updated, and not only is all my stuff still gone, now my NNID doesn't work. It's because I didn't format my emuNAND, probably, so now I have to downgrade AGAIN and format AGAIN and HOPEFULLY it will unlink my NNID so I can re-link it to sysNAND and get all my stuff back (except Ironfall. R.I.P. Ironfall.)
Ugh, I'm such an idiot. This sucks.
well did you copy back the corresponding nintendo 3ds folder?
and at worst you can call nintendo with the nnid's email and password and tell them you broke the console and would like to link your nnid to another and they will unlink it for you then in 1 to 2 days time you can link it to the 3ds again and at the moment you can use homebrew on 10.3 and use the old eshop downloader to get back the ironfall v1

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well did you copy back the corresponding nintendo 3ds folder?
and at worst you can call nintendo with the nnid's email and password and tell them you broke the console and would like to link your nnid to another and they will unlink it for you then in 1 to 2 days time you can link it to the 3ds again and at the moment you can use homebrew on 10.3 and use the old eshop downloader to get back the ironfall v1
Yes, I did copy back the 3ds folder. Nothing shows up on either nand even before I re-upgraded, but that's probably because I got it wrong when naming text file reminders. It's gonna be a long time before I can call Nintendo due to personal reasons, so I'd like to try an alternate solution before then.
Wait, old eShop downloader still works? (Not sure if it will after the update, but oh well.)

Also, by restoring my sysNAND backup from before I unlinked, did I re-link the NANDS?

Last edited by LittleXiao,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did copy back the 3ds folder. Nothing shows up on either nand even before I re-upgraded, but that's probably because I got it wrong when naming text file reminders. It's gonna be a long time before I can call Nintendo due to personal reasons, so I'd like to try an alternate solution before then.
Wait, old eShop downloader still works? (Not sure if it will after the update, but oh well.)

Also, by restoring my sysNAND backup from before I unlinked, did I re-link the NANDS?
by all means try other ways to recover it i just wanted to let you know there is still hope for your eshop purchases . . . and yes when menuhax got support for 10.3 they also brought bake the old eshop downloader

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by all means try other ways to recover it i just wanted to let you know there is still hope for your eshop purchases . . . and yes when menuhax got support for 10.3 they also brought bake the old eshop downloader
Old eshop for ironfall got taken down now
Smea confirmed it doesn't work anymore

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reassurance, but doesn't Nintendo ask for the serial numbers of your old and new 3ds's if you lost one? Or is that just a convenient ID transfer thing? (I don't need it transferred to a new system, I just need it disconnected so I can do it on my own. Is that what I should say?)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reassurance, but doesn't Nintendo ask for the serial numbers of your old and new 3ds's if you lost one? Or is that just a convenient ID transfer thing? (I don't need it transferred to a new system, I just need it disconnected so I can do it on my own. Is that what I should say?)
thats for a direct transfer they can simply unlink it . . . but the process is not as quick and if its linked to a wii u as well . . . . then you will need the sn from that so it does not get unlinked as well
on the 8th so yep again . . . sorry i was wrong

Last edited by wormdood,

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats for a direct transfer they can simply unlink it . . . but the process is not as quick and if its linked to a wii u as well . . . . then you will need the sn from that so it does not get unlinked as well
Well, I don't have a Wii U, so that won't be a problem. Will Nintendo see that my NNID is linked to two systems? Or should I downgrade and re-format both of them first?

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mostly everything working for my 3ds so far. The last remaining issue is doing the updating part so i can play online smoothly. I don't think anything is linked i'm not even linked to my nnid.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't have a Wii U, so that won't be a problem. Will Nintendo see that my NNID is linked to two systems? Or should I downgrade and re-format both of them first?
if you can then i would
but i dont think there will be a problem . . . but i have never had them unlink a nnid while connected to more than one 3ds before as well
I got mostly everything working for my 3ds so far. The last remaining issue is doing the updating part so i can play online smoothly. I don't think anything is linked i'm not even linked to my nnid.
change themes in sysnand if it changes in emunand as well then you are linked if there is no change to emunand then you are unlinked

Last edited by wormdood,

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can then i would
but i dont think there will be a problem . . . but i have never had them unlink a nnid while connected to more than one 3ds before as well
Well, I guess I'll downgrade (AGAIN), reformat both nands (if I can) and see if I can re-link on 10.3. If that doesn't work, I'll call Nintendo the next time I'm alone, which may not be for a LOOONG time. Will that work? Thanks for your help, by the way.

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am really confused about backing up saves. I want to back up all my saves on my japanese o3ds to my usa n3ds. I tried savedatafiler But i cant get it to work.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess I'll downgrade (AGAIN), reformat both nands (if I can) and see if I can re-link on 10.3. If that doesn't work, I'll call Nintendo the next time I'm alone, which may not be for a LOOONG time. Will that work? Thanks for your help, by the way.
well i am sorry for the result btw
but nintendo can unlink with just the email and password
still i hope your plan works for you
edit: sorry i double posted stupid lagg

fraggery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have no access to a computer for the next few days, and it is possible a new update might drop by then. If the new update drops which fixes the downgrade exploit, is it still possible to downgrade my 9.9 new3ds? does Nintendo try to force update on me if I try using the browserhax as an entry point?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no access to a computer for the next few days, and it is possible a new update might drop by then. If the new update drops which fixes the downgrade exploit, is it still possible to downgrade my 9.9 new3ds? does Nintendo try to force update on me if I try using the browserhax as an entry point?

Nobody knows. It's all speculation on what the update will do/when it will drop.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first you should get menuhax (they blocked broserhax before with no system update they can do it again)
second if you plan to downgrade do it like asap when 10.4 comes out it likley will block the new hax (and if you fail during the downgrade (softbrick) you will need to update to the latest and try again but if the latest is 10.4 you likely cant try again)

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the process of installing RxTools on my o3DS (9.2.0-20U) right now, but I was wondering something. Not really sure how to search for it. But with the custom firmware installed would there be a way to launch my old Acekard 2i to play regular DS games? Would I need to emunand/downgrade to a lower firmware(Kind of new to this sorry if I'm wrong)?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the process of installing RxTools on my o3DS (9.2.0-20U) right now, but I was wondering something. Not really sure how to search for it. But with the custom firmware installed would there be a way to launch my old Acekard 2i to play regular DS games? Would I need to emunand/downgrade to a lower firmware(Kind of new to this sorry if I'm wrong)?
yes when done you can install a couple of system fw cia files and re allow your ak2i
i use my ak2i in my o3ds and my 2ds

Godkarmachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. I got everything up to the emuNAND step, and upgraded RX-E 9.0 to RX-E 10.3. Now what's weird is that when I try to link my NNID (on emuNAND), it gives me an error code, saying I need a system update. I also can't access E-Shop as well, albeit with the error code 022-2634. Don't know what's up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: