• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Yter

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone!

I downgraded my old 3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 with no problems, installed rxtools, emunand, menuhack, unlincked the nands. The only problem I have is that I can't update my emuNAND to any higher version of FW. I tried updating from Setting menu, it downloads everything, but after reboot I always get an error message "Something went wrong please contact customer service bla-bla-bla".

I tried re-formatting my sd card, tried installing 9.9 cias by FBI, and I always get the same message. What can be wrong? How can I fix it?

Thanks!

Can someone help me please?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I downgraded my old 3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 with no problems, installed rxtools, emunand, menuhack, unlincked the nands. The only problem I have is that I can't update my emuNAND to any higher version of FW. I tried updating from Setting menu, it downloads everything, but after reboot I always get an error message "Something went wrong please contact customer service bla-bla-bla".

I tried re-formatting my sd card, tried installing 9.9 cias by FBI, and I always get the same message. What can be wrong? How can I fix it?

Thanks!
Can someone help me please?
i dont know why you get the error via settings app in emunand but i can say you dont use fbi to install system titles you use Sysupdater

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very noobish questions here.

What are the things that can trigger an online ban using a sky3ds? And is there any risk for a brick?
When I get mine, I'll just leave the wifi switch off at all times anyways.

Also, can I update games throught it and will I still be able to play my original retail games online?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very noobish questions here.

What are the things that can trigger an online ban using a sky3ds? And is there any risk for a brick?
When I get mine, I'll just leave the wifi switch off at all times anyways.

Also, can I update games throught it and will I still be able to play my original retail games online?
answer not using a private header and playing online = ban
also the card does not give you a brick risk
note. remember kids always use a private header

Last edited by wormdood,

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i gave my streetpass mii gold pants some time ago... that was fun for a while. even though i've now switched to another mii without the pants, people are still not able to rate me or send personal messages. is there any way to fix this?

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One question more. I heard that playing with CIA's online is perfectly safe, however people still talk about private headers, how are the two related?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question more. I heard that playing with CIA's online is perfectly safe, however people still talk about private headers, how are the two related?

Private headers are only needed for .3ds files. Every retail game cartridge has it's own private header. People playing with the same header is what get's people banned. To get a private header one would need to dump one of their own retail game cards and then that same header can be used with every .3ds rom. Since you are using cfw, emunand & cias, you don't need to worry about headers. .3ds = retail game dump. cia = eshop game and/or .3ds converted to cia. cia's do not have private headers. Hope that helps.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: HuskerStorm

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently trying to update my emuNAND to 10.3 and every time I try to do it I get an error and my 3DS restarts. How do I fix this?

Using O3DS btw.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work