• Likes 43

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the System Settings -> Data Management -> Software thing

/when/ did you do that
that part, I did whenver the guide told me to.

However, when you said write nand.bin to emunand.bin, that was a bit confusing seeing a did a bunch of things before that.

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that part, I did whenver the guide told me to.

However, when you said write nand.bin to emunand.bin, that was a bit confusing seeing a did a bunch of things before that.

I said I wrote NAND.bin to emuNAND, not to emuNAND.bin. But okay, uh, funky

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My mistake, long day.
Yes, that what i mean, nand.bin to emunand at 9 earlier.
Goddddddd im so tired of this shit, i spend half my free time commuting to/from work (that's four hours a day!) and now i cant even spend them with my 3DS so i'm left to just listen to black metal instead.

Public question. If I just want to say "fuck it" to this and restore my 3DS from my SD card dump I made after dumping NAND.bin, what's my best bet?

JinSaiYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
the gift thing is a result of having linked nands, though i'm not sure why your themes wouldn't be the same on both...

but as for getting into hbl from emunand, hold Y while starting the hbl cia from emunand. this creates a file with a name like this hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-10-3-0-28-EUR.bin on your sd root.
open this file with an editor and use textsearch for "boot.3dsx" and rename it like hbl8.3dsx
now, you gotta take the boot.3dsx file from the homebrew starterkit and rename it like hbl8.3dsx, put it on your sd root, save everything and then, hbl.cia from emunand should get you into hbl again.

Thank you for the Reply.!

I did everything, pressed Y when loading HBL and it did create the Payload. I edited the payload and renamed the search for the starters kit "hbl8.3dsx".

Problem is, when i run the Hombrew Launcher, it says at the end "Jumping into the payload" and then quits to home menu saying "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close" and restarts the 3ds back into CTRBootManager.

¿Any Help?

Will it help if i unlink the SysNand? Is it better to unlink it?

Thanks.!!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the Reply.!

I did everything, pressed Y when loading HBL and it did create the Payload. I edited the payload and renamed the search for the starters kit "hbl8.3dsx".

Problem is, when i run the Hombrew Launcher, it says at the end "Jumping into the payload" and then quits to home menu saying "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close" and restarts the 3ds back into CTRBootManager.

¿Any Help?

Will it help if i unlink the SysNand? Is it better to unlink it?

Thanks.!!
Always good to unlink.

JinSaiYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Always good to unlink.

Well, i did use my 3ds normally and then cloned it to make my EmuNAND, so if i just go in and unlink them now (doing the format console in SysNAND process), u shouldnt lose anything, right?

I have all my saves and everything on the EmuNAND just like i had before i did the whole CFW thing. Right?

Thanks!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i did use my 3ds normally and then cloned it to make my EmuNAND, so if i just go in and unlink them now (doing the format console in SysNAND process), u shouldnt lose anything, right?

I have all my saves and everything on the EmuNAND just like i had before i did the whole CFW thing. Right?

Thanks!
Yes, but back up your NAND, and use emunand tool version 1.0.1 (not 1.0.3) to to inject after you unlink.

Backslash10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so im using a new 3ds btw and followed this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/) i have everything working i just want to know if i can access eshop and install my dlc for the other games i bought and update cartage games i own. I did mess up and not put my backup data that i saved on the pc is there anyway i can pull my save of that data and put it on my sd card?

roberthmayfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to downgrade my N3DS (10.3.0-28U). I have accessed the Homebrew Launcher via Internet Browser. Installed Menuhax was able to access the HBL by holding down L during power up. Downloaded sysUpdater and found the CIA files. Placed them in the correct folders on my micro SD card. Started the sysUpdater app and recieved a black screen. I tried to restart the system and I no longer can access HBL, not L+Power or Internet Browser. My 3DS is not brick as I can still turn it on normally and access my games. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Athe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my emuNAND on my O3DS to 10.3 as suggested in this thread and now when I try to launch RXTools emuNAND it locks on a black screen. SysNAND is fine, still at 4.5. Did I do something wrong? What should I do before reinjecting my backup? What should I do differently next time?

Thanks.

Last edited by Athe,

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall seeing something on here that discussed how to change the system language (or maybe it was the entire language Firmware?)

I have a 10.3 JPN N3DS that I was planning to downgrade to 9.2 and would like to have the system language in English. How would I go about doing this?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to downgrade my N3DS (10.3.0-28U). I have accessed the Homebrew Launcher via Internet Browser. Installed Menuhax was able to access the HBL by holding down L during power up. Downloaded sysUpdater and found the CIA files. Placed them in the correct folders on my micro SD card. Started the sysUpdater app and recieved a black screen. I tried to restart the system and I no longer can access HBL, not L+Power or Internet Browser. My 3DS is not brick as I can still turn it on normally and access my games. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix this?

Thank you.

It's finicky and doesn't work 100% of the time.

xChryma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Got everything working. 10.3 -> 9.2 o3DSXL I've got an emuNAND running with FBI installed, I've installed Shovel Knight and LoZ OOT. I forgot to make a backup of my emuNAND, should I make one now or somehow uninstall the CIA's and then make one? And then should I update to 10.3 on the emuNAND? Also wondering if it's possible to install and run .cia's from other regions? If so, how? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Roll them little snake eyes in