• Views 4,458,563
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first unlink nands on your new card then it will have two folders and that should tell me witch one (on your old card) has your saves
or you can just forget the current rxtools card and install rxtools your old card (with the games) probably easier ( . . . you do know how its done now)
OK here they are now, the folders:
OLD SD CARD (w/ backups/gamesaves)
973df5e3abbfd1f2cbc45c6288ed6d48 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d
Private

NEW SD CARD (w/ newer rxtools and files)
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> ac1a00fb4730da6e5344333200275048
1e6ca4e3b85f2a9c87e442fe971f9215 -> ac1a00fb4730da6e5344333200275048

I'm assuming that to have my fresh new emunand merged with all my games and saves isn't going to be a drag 'n' drop affair...

Last edited by daicon,

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm, I've just realized that I can't install CIAs with FBI on that NAND I've been talking about, since I haven't patched it with Pasta. Should I relink my nands? And how? I didn't find anything about that :(

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK here they are now, the folders:
OLD SD CARD (w/ backups/gamesaves)
973df5e3abbfd1f2cbc45c6288ed6d48 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d (unless i am larger . . . )
(not really sure why your old card has two you must have put it in another 3ds at some point)

a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d (. . . then i am likely where the games are)
Private

NEW SD CARD (w/ newer rxtools and files)
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> ac1a00fb4730da6e5344333200275048 emunand
1e6ca4e3b85f2a9c87e442fe971f9215 -> ac1a00fb4730da6e5344333200275048 sysnand
yeah fuck man. . . that is confusing . . . just . . . just to simplify things just backup your old sd and create an emunand there. then copy over the rxtools folder and set up menuhax

Hmm, I've just realized that I can't install CIAs with FBI on that NAND I've been talking about, since I haven't patched it with Pasta. Should I relink my nands? And how? I didn't find anything about that :(
i think this should work
Part 4a - Installing a CIA Installer :mthr:
Only for users without a Gateway card or a Cubic Ninja game
Adapted from this thread (thanks @d0k3 and co.!)
Please visit that thread if you have any issues with this section.
  1. Download BigBlueMenu from the Digiex link here and place the BigBlueMenu.cia file on your SD card root.
    • SD:\BigBlueMenu.cia
  2. Download Decrypt9WIP all-in-one, the latest version.
    • Place the Launcher.dat on your SD card, overwriting the old one.
  3. Go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ to launch Decrypt9WIP.
  4. Navigate to SysNAND File Options and then Dump Health & Safety. Let the process finish.
  5. Turn off your 3DS.
  6. Download the Universal Inject Generator.
    • If you are using Windows, right-click the zip and go to Properties. If there is an option to unblock the zip, do that and press OK.
    • Extract Universal-Inject-Generator-master.zip and place the folder somewhere on your PC.
  7. Insert your 3DS SD into your PC.
  8. Find the hs.app file on your SD and place it in the Input folder that is inside the Inject Generator.
  9. Place a copy of BigBlueMenu.cia in the Input folder as well.
  10. Run go.bat. If there are no issues, you will find that there are two inject-ready .app files in the Input folder.
  11. To finally inject BigBlueMenu into SysNAND, rename the BigBlueMenu-with-banner.app file to hs.app and place it on your SD, overwriting the one that is already there.
  12. Launch Decrypt9WIP again, and navigate to SysNAND File Options.
  13. Choose health&safety inject to inject the hs.app. Don't worry, it's not as dangerous as you may think.
  14. Now, launch the rxTools menu (hold L during launch), and boot RXMODE SysNAND.
    • You will be booted to what appears to be regular SysNAND.
    • Navigate to the H&S app and it should now be the BigBlueMenu app (Title Manager)!
  15. Launch BigBlueMenu.
  16. Go to the SDMC tab. Basically, this is your SD card it is looking at.
  17. Navigate to BigBlueMenu.cia and press A. Press A again to confirm.
  18. You just installed your first CIA!

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone explain to me why you would want to unlink your nands? (sysnand and emunand?)

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Using this guide:
http://jinglefruit.tumblr.com/post/136930557451/romtexture-hacks-guide
I can't manage to follow step 4.
I downloaded a virtual machine to do this.
ctrtool seems to work fine, no problems with the directory (At least I think so), but hey, if I follow the steps of neobrain on his github, still nothing happens except ctrtool being unable to do stuff.
HackingToolkit just asks me: code.bin Yes/No? , typing yes or no does NOTHING visible AFAIK
The .cxi file is so stubborn, I just want my romfs and exefs.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me why you would want to unlink your nands? (sysnand and emunand?)

well unlinking nands is a choice and is done to avoid bugs (apps re-gift-wraping themselves) and glitches menuhax re-autoboot freeze) as well as accidental sysnand updates when updating emunand

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can you install any game as a CIA or only eshop games? I have a 32gb and a 128gb Micro SD, and my plan was to use 32 for emunand and 128 for gateway- should i just put everything on the 128gb card?

md87

Trophies
XP
Country
I am new to all this.

On my 3ds when I go into system settings it states Ver 8.1.0-19E (not updated since I got it recently).

I was advised earlier that the best way to play "back up" DS and 3DS games would be to go to OFW 9.2 + CFW Rx Tools.

Can anyone link me to which guides I should be using to:

1 - Update my system to OFW 9.2
2 - Install/use Rx Tools

Also, am I right in thinking that I don't need to purchase anything? No Flash card etc? Thanks guys.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I have a noob question regarding ironfall and downgrading. I am an o3ds user on 10.3 with ironhax 2.5. I managed to get ironfall 1.1 when it came out and I love it as my homebrew entry point. However with sysupdater now allowing 10.3 users to downgrade to 9.2 and achieve complete system access its only a matter of time before I downgrade (my personal choice is to wait it out for a less buggy sysupdater and not downgrade before Monday). This leads me to a problem though: I can go to 9.2 and install CFW but that would mean formatting my 3ds and losing downloaded games, including ironfall (I believe that if I redownload it from the eshop after setting up emunand it wont be the 1.0/1.1 version) and that would mean losing out a perfectly good entry point forever if anything goes wrong. I wanted to know if theres any way around this or if the rule of thumb is "dont mess up"

Vempajer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys quick question from a total newbie. I tried to search for it but can't seem to find easy answer. So easy question, I'm about to buy a 3ds xl (used one, soft 7.1.0-16e) and an R4 flash card. Can I or can I not download pokemon oras and xy roms from the internets to then put them on the flash card and play them? I don't want to reverse engineer roms, do anything funny to them, just download rom, put it on a flash card and play it. Will it work like that? Also will I be able to enjoy online battles like that?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I have a noob question regarding ironfall and downgrading. I am an o3ds user on 10.3 with ironhax 2.5. I managed to get ironfall 1.1 when it came out and I love it as my homebrew entry point. However with sysupdater now allowing 10.3 users to downgrade to 9.2 and achieve complete system access its only a matter of time before I downgrade (my personal choice is to wait it out for a less buggy sysupdater and not downgrade before Monday). This leads me to a problem though: I can go to 9.2 and install CFW but that would mean formatting my 3ds and losing downloaded games, including ironfall (I believe that if I redownload it from the eshop after setting up emunand it wont be the 1.0/1.1 version) and that would mean losing out a perfectly good entry point forever if anything goes wrong. I wanted to know if theres any way around this or if the rule of thumb is "dont mess up"
1) with a working browser has and menuhax, you be fine without ironhax.
2) besides new starter pack has a way to dl old ironfall from eshop
3) downgrading does not require you reformat. CFW does, but between those two process, you can back up your Nand if anything goes wrong
4) can't stress this enough, but if you back everything up correctly, then when you set up cfw following step by step of a tutorial, you won't lose any titles

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys quick question from a total newbie. I tried to search for it but can't seem to find easy answer. So easy question, I'm about to buy a 3ds xl (used one, soft 7.1.0-16e) and an R4 flash card. Can I or can I not download pokemon oras and xy roms from the internets to then put them on the flash card and play them? I don't want to reverse engineer roms, do anything funny to them, just download rom, put it on a flash card and play it. Will it work like that? Also will I be able to enjoy online battles like that?
R4 is for ds, so no 3ds games on those. Heck, I'm not sure if you can use R4 on the 3ds.
If you can set up cfw, correct, and use a cia files of pokemon, yes you can play online

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can you install any game as a CIA or only eshop games? I have a 32gb and a 128gb Micro SD, and my plan was to use 32 for emunand and 128 for gateway- should i just put everything on the 128gb card?

From one Gateway user to another, I would, personally, recommend simply using your gateway for games. This does mean that online games will have to be header patched (ideally with a private header from a game you physically own), but I find it more convenient than having a home screen full of icons.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
1) with a working browser has and menuhax, you be fine without ironhax.
2) besides new starter pack has a way to dl old ironfall from eshop
3) downgrading does not require you reformat. CFW does, but between those two process, you can back up your Nand if anything goes wrong
4) can't stress this enough, but if you back everything up correctly, then when you set up cfw following step by step of a tutorial, you won't lose any titles

Thank you so much!!! Point 3 made a lot of sense and seems like something I would do. Just to clarify, a nand backup will contain the 9.2 firmware as well as all my installed games on the SD card and games that write to the extdata such as badge arcade? I was not aware a nand backup had games (just system files) and wanted to clarify this

P.S. Smea confirmed ironfall 1.0/1.1 cant be downloaded again right now because nintendo stopped the old eshop download

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Using this guide:
http://jinglefruit.tumblr.com/post/136930557451/romtexture-hacks-guide
I can't manage to follow step 4.
I downloaded a virtual machine to do this.
ctrtool seems to work fine, no problems with the directory (At least I think so), but hey, if I follow the steps of neobrain on his github, still nothing happens except ctrtool being unable to do stuff.
HackingToolkit just asks me: code.bin Yes/No? , typing yes or no does NOTHING visible AFAIK
The .cxi file is so stubborn, I just want my romfs and exefs.

Also, I would be thankful for a .3dsx of a dumping application like braindump, but only extracting the romfs and exefs :)

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!!! Point 3 made a lot of sense and seems like something I would do. Just to clarify, a nand backup will contain the 9.2 firmware as well as all my installed games on the SD card and games that write to the extdata such as badge arcade? I was not aware a nand backup had games (just system files) and wanted to clarify this
Technical, that would be the Nintendo 3ds folder, so you need to back that up as well.
We'll that folder won't be touched so it good to back up as just in case
Inside the 3ds folder, there folder with random letters and numbers (folder 1), same thing inside that folder (folder 2)
Folder 1 contains all the info you said, but can only be used with the Nand you back up.

When you unlink, or system format in general which makes a new Nand;, it will make a folder similar to folder 1 and 2 that linked that new Nand

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,
Reactions: naivegirl2411

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Technical, that would be the Nintendo 3ds folder, so you need to back that up as well.
Inside the 3ds folder, there folder with random letters and numbers (folder 1), same thing inside that folder (folder 2)
Folder 1 contains all the info you said, but can only be used with the Nand you back up.

When you unlink, or system format in general which makes a new Nand;, it will make a folder similar to folder 1 and 2 that linked that new Nand

That cleared everything up, thanks a lot! Glad to know that once I make my NAND backup I wont lose ironfall

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol