• Views 4,512,310
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question that I'm crossposting from the version checking thread. I would like to be able to get a new 3ds xl under 9.2 firmware, so I can run custom firmware, install uh, game backups, use cheats, run homebrew, et cetera. I also want to be able to play Fire Emblem Fates when it comes out and I'll need to buy that from the eshop. Accordingly, I want a North American n3DS with <=9.2 firmware. That way I can keep my sysNAND on 9.0-9.2 while keeping my emuNAND up to date so I can access the eshop, play online, et cetera. I'm in the process of sourcing a 9.0-9.2 n3DS now, but is there anything else I need to be able to run homebrew, custom firmware, .cias, et cetera?

Also does anyone have advice on actually finding a n3DS with 9.2 besides going store to store? Apparently the Majora's Mask limited edition comes with 9.0-9.2, though several of the listers on ebay state that the system doesn't come with the game. Does that mean that the n3DS has been updated or reset and has firmware >9.2?

E: apparently though you can't use emuNAND greater than 9.5 on the n3DS? meaning that you can't access the eshop/buy new games or play online, correct? If that's the case, should I just try to get an o3DS <=9.2 instead?

Last edited by The Iron Rose,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So quick question that I'm crossposting from the version checking thread. I would like to be able to get a new 3ds xl under 9.2 firmware, so I can run custom firmware, install uh, game backups, use cheats, run homebrew, et cetera. I also want to be able to play Fire Emblem Fates when it comes out and I'll need to buy that from the eshop. Accordingly, I want a North American n3DS with <=9.2 firmware. That way I can keep my sysNAND on 9.0-9.2 while keeping my emuNAND up to date so I can access the eshop, play online, et cetera. I'm in the process of sourcing a 9.0-9.2 n3DS now, but is there anything else I need to be able to run homebrew, custom firmware, .cias, et cetera?

Also does anyone have advice on actually finding a n3DS with 9.2 besides going store to store? Apparently the Majora's Mask limited edition comes with 9.0-9.2, though several of the listers on ebay state that the system doesn't come with the game. Does that mean that the n3DS has been updated or reset and has firmware >9.2?

E: apparently though you can't use emuNAND greater than 9.5 on the n3DS? meaning that you can't access the eshop/buy new games or play online, correct? If that's the case, should I just try to get an o3DS <=9.2 instead?

There's nothing you can do but check out each system one at a time. On ebay you can ask sellers what the firmware is and in pawn shops you can ask to have a look. You can also search for 9.0 or 9.2 on ebay but you will be paying extra.

I don't know about the US but in Aus there were many waves of the Majoras Mask console, only the first wave had 9.0. There was only one wave of the monster hunter console though so they are guaranteed 9.0 if unopened.

You don't need anything extra to exploit it, look for the thread "CFW on n3ds without OoT or Cn"

Old 3DS XL are very easy to find exploitable (every brand new one is exploitable) so you have a backup plan if it gets too hard.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've got an Old 3DS on 9.2 with 6.X MSET for my base FW (and using rxtools), I've been using 3DS X-Loader on my Android to boot Gateway when I needed too. However I've recently got a Nexus 6P (and am using Chainfire's Systemless Root) on 6.0.1 , and 3DS X-Loader isn't working. Is there an app I can use on my phone to launch Gateway offline under these circumstances or is it a matter of downloading the payloads, frame and html and running a web server on my phone again ?

ETA - I've got the web server working but it seems a bit heavy weight for this purpose, so I'm still interested.

Last edited by Elaugaufein,

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have N3DS with cfw. If I transfer file using wireless transfer in data management, it would break my cfw or not? I've heard that going through data management would break cfw and emunand. Is that true?

Neph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello

I've got an old Nintendo 3DS (I think the first type Nintendo made).

It's working on 3.0.0-0E.

If I wanna play some .3DS or .cia files on it, or if I wanna play some homebrew on it, what is my best plan of action?

I did some research, and I read things about a Browser Exploit, and about flashcards, etc. But I'm lost about what the best option is in my case. Is there a way to play those programs without a flashcard, and if not, what is the most recommended flashcard in my situation?

And what is this Browser Exploit and what can I do with it?

Thanx ;)

greg6721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all

firstly I would like to apologise in advance as I know the information is on the tutorial/wiki but I'm just not all that sure how to go about everything!

I have my sons 3ds its 2 or 3 years old and it has 5.1.0-11E firmware. I would like to play back up games. can anyone point me in the right direction...do I need a flashcard or can I put a custom fw on it?

any help or if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm on Firmware 9.9.0 on my New 3DS and I installed Ironhax months ago, but now I'd like to update my System. Will an update have consequences for me, like getting banned from the Nintendo Network? Thanks in advance.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all

firstly I would like to apologise in advance as I know the information is on the tutorial/wiki but I'm just not all that sure how to go about everything!

I have my sons 3ds its 2 or 3 years old and it has 5.1.0-11E firmware. I would like to play back up games. can anyone point me in the right direction...do I need a flashcard or can I put a custom fw on it?

any help or if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it
You can install a CFW
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Hello

I've got an old Nintendo 3DS (I think the first type Nintendo made).

It's working on 3.0.0-0E.

If I wanna play some .3DS or .cia files on it, or if I wanna play some homebrew on it, what is my best plan of action?

I did some research, and I read things about a Browser Exploit, and about flashcards, etc. But I'm lost about what the best option is in my case. Is there a way to play those programs without a flashcard, and if not, what is the most recommended flashcard in my situation?

And what is this Browser Exploit and what can I do with it?

Thanx ;)

Your firmware tells us that you don't have a web browser so you won't be able to use the web browser exploit, but you can use another exploit (mset).

What you have to do is get a game that has the 4.5 update and use it to update, then get a cheap $10 DS Flashcart to set up the mset exploit and you can use this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I have N3DS with cfw. If I transfer file using wireless transfer in data management, it would break my cfw or not? I've heard that going through data management would break cfw and emunand. Is that true?

If your NANDS are linked going into data management will delete everything installed in emunand.

If they aren't, there is nothing to worry about.

I'm on Firmware 9.9.0 on my New 3DS and I installed Ironhax months ago, but now I'd like to update my System. Will an update have consequences for me, like getting banned from the Nintendo Network? Thanks in advance.

There will be no consequences or ban, but if you flat out update it will break your Ironhax.

To update while still keeping Ironhax you have to update the payload first:

1) Download the latest starter pack from Smea and replace all the files.

2) Run the Ironhax installer again, in your firmware you have to select the firmware you will be updating to (10.3.0-28x as of now).

3) Update your system.

That way you can still access homebrew via Ironhax in 10.3

Reactions: Tennin

viperGTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there anything special I can do on 8.1.0-19U? Or should I just update to the newest firmware? Is that a rare firmware to be on?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Tony_93,

Neph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your firmware tells us that you don't have a web browser so you won't be able to use the web browser exploit, but you can use another exploit (mset).

What you have to do is get a game that has the 4.5 update and use it to update, then get a cheap $10 DS Flashcart to set up the mset exploit and you can use this guide:

Do you mean the FBI Injection from the tutorial? And will I gain a webbrowser on my system, since it is used in the 4th step.

And what can I do when I did all these steps? Can I place homebrew and roms on the SD card and just play it?

greg6721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sir thank you very much!m now I have fx tools working to a point however once I load the rxtools website from the browser, I get a message saying "Emunand not found! the emunand was not found on your SD card. press A to boot sysnand"

any help would be great...im googling it now so hopefully ill find something

You have to create emunand, put the gateway's launcher.dat in the root of your SD card and go to go.gateway-3ds.com

It will open a Gateway's menu and you can create emunand from there. (That's covered in the guide I linked you by the way).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you mean the FBI Injection from the tutorial? And will I gain a webbrowser on my system, since it is used in the 4th step.

And what can I do when I did all these steps? Can I place homebrew and roms on the SD card and just play it?

You can do FBI injection and use rxTools through the DS exploit, then you can use sysupdater with Dev Mode and update to a full 9.2 firmware, you would gain the web browser and the ability to coldboot a CFW.

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I just install a CIA game using FBI. Everything seem normal but when I entered the game, I stuck on 3DS logo. So, I try to uninstalled it in FBI, but I can't find the game's serial. Now, I have a game icon which I can neither use nor uninstall. I think my CIA file might me broken.

How can I delete this broken game or how to fix it?

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to access the SD Card in my n3DS without unscrewing and opening the back panel?
Is there an app I can download to use on OOT3DSHax that will allow FTP or File Sharing to expedite the back panel process?

Never mind I found a source that gave an introduction to FTBrony!

Last edited by Cloud9Skywalker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that