• Start date
  • Views 4,466,875
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
That's odd. Are you using autoboot Themehax, or the normal (hold L while booting) one?

Use EmuNAND Tool to backup your emuNAND. Note that this only backs up your actual emuNAND, not saves, games, etc.... To backup everything else, copy everything on your SD card to your PC. If you want extra security for your saves, you can use SaveDataFiler (or one of the homebrew save editors) to extract the saves from your games.

If I transfer my SD files to the computer, it keeps the Miis and profiles? Then could I transfer them back to a new SD card? (Save are done with savedatafiler, thanks!)

chizco06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a new 3ds on 9.0E and I donwgraded system settings so I could use the Mset to launch gateway but I forgot to link a NNID before doing the downgrade, so my question is, can I us 3Dnus to download the system settings for 9.0, link the NNID then donwgrade settings again?

bololabich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi,
If I but 3DS running on 9.2 or older FW can I make a CFW and run every even new game on it? I don't know anything about 3DS CFW cuz I have 9.9 FW 3DS and sky3DS but new games aren't gonna run on sky3DS :(

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
If I but 3DS running on 9.2 or older FW can I make a CFW and run every even new game on it? I don't know anything about 3DS CFW cuz I have 9.9 FW 3DS and sky3DS but new games aren't gonna run on sky3DS :(
Yes you can as long as you can get the CIA it will work no matter how new it is even the most bleeding-edge games will work on custom firmware.

Reactions: bololabich

bololabich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks, only one more question before I order my second 3ds, do I need to buy anything? Can I use sky3ds to install cfw? Then I would sell my old 3DS and the card.

bololabich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
OK so I ordered 6.x FW 3DS XL for 90€ (100$) and hope I won't break it doing softmod. Am I right that I'll have to do downgrade to 4.x to run emunand without wifi and browser through settings - ds profile? Can I convert any region game to .cia and install using EU FW? My old 3DS is 3DS LL (JP region) and I wanna play some of Japanese games but using English FW is much easier since I don't speak Japanese :D

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I ordered 6.x FW 3DS XL for 90€ (100$) and hope I won't break it doing softmod. Am I right that I'll have to do downgrade to 4.x to run emunand without wifi and browser through settings - ds profile? Can I convert any region game to .cia and install using EU FW? My old 3DS is 3DS LL (JP region) and I wanna play some of Japanese games but using English FW is much easier since I don't speak Japanese :D
fw 6x has its own mset so no need to downgrade for the ds profile hack
if a game has the English language built into its code then no problems there your 3ds will read the set for its language with HANS (possibility on its own:unsure:)
if English is not built in the games code then a translation will be needed either patched or applied with HANS

Thanks, only one more question before I order my second 3ds, do I need to buy anything? Can I use sky3ds to install cfw? Then I would sell my old 3DS and the card.
yes thats the plan also you dont even need sky3ds (cubic ninja) to install cfw
[Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
[Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
Yes you can as long as you can get the CIA it will work no matter how new it is even the most bleeding-edge games will work on custom firmware.

note only n3ds can play n3ds games (i know its assumed but if i only read this quote it sounds like something that needs to be said)
EDIT: Never mind... using RXTools now, no reason not to...

Can rxTools have emuNAND for latest firmware (10+)?
o3ds yes
n3ds no

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: bololabich

bololabich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks for all :)
I meant if I can run Japanese region .3ds rom files converted to .cia on EU emunand? Cuz there are many games not released outside Japan :)

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone advise me how I can access to eShop and install free software from it, while keeping access to browserhax and menuhax?
You can see my system details in my signature.

b4mvt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So I was sifting through some old stuff today, and found a Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS in the box. It looks like it's on version 7.x.x
What can I do with this as far as the current mods? I haven't kept up on the old stuff.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Findec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,
So my 3ds was accidently updated to 10.3.0-28E, what options are there to get homebrew running again (if there are any)?
I only used to run tubehax and dont have cubeninja. I do have TLOZ OOT cardrigde, but never used it to access HB.
Browserhax doesnt work for me.
Do i have options (without buying Cubeninja) or do i have to wait for updates?

I have searched for my options but im kinda get swamped with alot of info, of which alot of stuff is outdated.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
So my 3ds was accidently updated to 10.3.0-28E, what options are there to get homebrew running again (if there are any)?
I only used to run tubehax and dont have cubeninja. I do have TLOZ OOT cardrigde, but never used it to access HB.
Browserhax doesnt work for me.
Do i have options (without buying Cubeninja) or do i have to wait for updates?

I have searched for my options but im kinda get swamped with alot of info, of which alot of stuff is outdated.
no luck as far as a free solution for hbc on 10.3:( you need cubic ninja or tloz oot or a sky3ds with the corresponding .3ds game if you never set it up you need another 3ds with hbc access or powersaves 3ds to edit in the hacked save for it

Last edited by wormdood,

eGAYA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I downgraded the mset to 4.x on my 2DS a long time ago to launch a cfw through the System Settings app. Now I'm autobooting with themehax and want to upgrade mset to 9.x or whatever to avoid soft bricking the console. How could I do it?
I've already tried to install mset 6.x and 9.x cia into sysnand using fbi with no sucess (as far as I know a NNID Settings (?) option should appear at the top of the bottom screen).
Also, is it possible to check what mset version I'm on?

Findec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no luck as far as a free solution for hbc on 10.3:( you need cubic ninja or tloz oot or a sky3ds with the corresponding .3ds game if you never set it up you need another 3ds with hbc access or powersaves 3ds to edit in the hacked save for it

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately dont have access to another 3ds with homebrew :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo