• Views 4,529,652
  • Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I tried it out. Formatted emunand and gave it another shot, but it's still the same thing. Themehax goes into this weird boot loop and then it freezes on the third boot. I'm starting to think themehax is the issue.

I'm pretty sure is because your nands are linked.
Can I update my emunand to the most recent Nintendo update and play my games online? Or is the 10.whatever not safe to update through emunand's system menu?

(I want to play monster hunter, downloading the free dlc and everything should be good, yeah? Also how can I edit my saves to get equipment to start off with since my actual cartridge has about 400 hours.)

Yeah, is safe to update emunand to 10.2

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have a quick question here.

If I installed cubic ninja cia both in sysNand and emuNand an they are unlinked, I can install GW exploit in CN sysNand and ninjhax2 for the CN in the 9.5 emunand?
That would be really useful because GW exploit doesn't run in emuNand and ninjhax2 doesn't need internet after the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have a quick question here.

If I installed cubic ninja cia both in sysNand and emuNand an they are unlinked, I can install GW exploit in CN sysNand and ninjhax2 for the CN in the 9.5 emunand?
That would be really useful because GW exploit doesn't run in emuNand and ninjhax2 doesn't need internet after the first time.

Thanks in advance.
Oh my, works flawlessly. There's this little issue where rxMode wont cope with GW exploit and devMode crashes with themehax but I can bypass this by running Pasta directly off sysnand just for booting CN GW exploit, and now I can run homebrew launcher from the CN in the emunand. :D

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Inukami,

eas66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked a similar question yesterday and I think I might have been unclear. I already understand that legit cias run on sysNand normally. That wasn't my real question. Yesterday I had installed non legit cias using Pasta on my sysNand. What was strange is that during one boot, these non legit cias ran in full 3d outside of my CFW (so not on Pasta, on my regular system menu). They never booted in 3d (or at all on the sysNand, mind you) before or since.

My issue was that I wasn't quite familiar with the new 3ds terms (as opposed to the other systems I've hacked) since I only got my 3ds a few days ago. Now I totally understand what's going on and, I guess just to be safe, I set up an emuNand properly and have everything functioning swimmingly.

Now, my issue has happened again but now on the enuNand. I started up my emuNand using rxtools and noticed that, again, my non legit cias were running in full 3d, along with the emuNand's homemenu. I know for sure that I was in emuNand because it has a different theme and I checked the settings for the "RX 9.x", which was present. I also know for a fact that they aren't legit cias.

I'm curious as to why this happened again, or at all. Both instances only held the 3d for a single boot. If anyone has any answers or if I'm being really dumb about something, please let me know.

yoyoloto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys is there a way to do the same things as EMUNANDTOOL without actually using it ? I am currently not able to use my computer and the one I am using right now is public so it doesn't let me use exe files (need to be admin). Obviously I cant ask the front desk to let me so what should I do ?

eas66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked a similar question yesterday and I think I might have been unclear. I already understand that legit cias run on sysNand normally. That wasn't my real question. Yesterday I had installed non legit cias using Pasta on my sysNand. What was strange is that during one boot, these non legit cias ran in full 3d outside of my CFW (so not on Pasta, on my regular system menu). They never booted in 3d (or at all on the sysNand, mind you) before or since.

My issue was that I wasn't quite familiar with the new 3ds terms (as opposed to the other systems I've hacked) since I only got my 3ds a few days ago. Now I totally understand what's going on and, I guess just to be safe, I set up an emuNand properly and have everything functioning swimmingly.

Now, my issue has happened again but now on the enuNand. I started up my emuNand using rxtools and noticed that, again, my non legit cias were running in full 3d, along with the emuNand's homemenu. I know for sure that I was in emuNand because it has a different theme and I checked the settings for the "RX 9.x", which was present. I also know for a fact that they aren't legit cias.

I'm curious as to why this happened again, or at all. Both instances only held the 3d for a single boot. If anyone has any answers or if I'm being really dumb about something, please let me know.
Wow, nevermind. I'm a huge idiot and I solved my own problem!

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alright, I tried it out. Formatted emunand and gave it another shot, but it's still the same thing. Themehax goes into this weird boot loop and then it freezes on the third boot. I'm starting to think themehax is the issue.

Are you trying to use Themehax on sysNAND to boot into an emuNAND? If so, I'm pretty sure they have to be unlinked in order for you to do that (so that they're using separate folders, and thus avoiding an infinite loop of sysnand themehax -> linked emu themehax -> sysnand themehax -> etc.).

Last edited by daxtsu,

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any CFW's with regionfree built in, without having to install NTR/FreeMultiPatcher or having them built into them by default?

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i backup saves from a game installed as CIA? I've tried Savedatafiler but I get a save error when I launch the game after importing an old save. The game is Pokémon Y if that matters

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the save encrypted to that 3ds or can I import the save to another system?
Assuming its the same (Pokemon Y) game and not pokemon X go crazy, but don't go online with the same save on 2 3DS's at the same time this will get you banned.

Its much more simple to just export all of your PK6 files (there's an option in PKHEX to do this) and then import them to a different save.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im with an O3DS with 2.1 firmware, what i can do with it?
i mean cfw installations
2.1 was the second fw version to have a browser so you are good there but i believe you need a game card update (to a gateway acceptable fw version) you need a 3ds game with 4.x to 9.2 update built in ex "luigi's mansion" (this will not update browser) then you can follow this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming its the same (Pokemon Y) game and not pokemon X go crazy, but don't go online with the same save on 2 3DS's at the same time this will get you banned.

Its much more simple to just export all of your PK6 files (there's an option in PKHEX to do this) and then import them to a different save.
Ok got it. So I tried deleting secure value and importing save. But I still get the save not compatible message when I boot Pokémon y

covert

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I just got a New 3DS XL (Monster Hunter 4 Edition) with firmware 9.0.0-20E.

Only interested in playing any CIA.

Sky3D Look like the easy way, but I might paint myself in a corner with future updates.

Gateway3D and EmuNand looks like the other option but I'm not sure if I can play newer games ? Stuck at 9.5 ?

So my noob question(s). Is Gateway3D an option on new 3DS XL. What other functional options are there ?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a New 3DS XL (Monster Hunter 4 Edition) with firmware 9.0.0-20E.

Only interested in playing any CIA.

Sky3D Look like the easy way, but I might paint myself in a corner with future updates.

Gateway3D and EmuNand looks like the other option but I'm not sure if I can play newer games ? Stuck at 9.5 ?

So my noob question(s). Is Gateway3D an option on new 3DS XL. What other functional options are there ?
yes gateway is an option yes you will emu-cap (my own term) at 9.5 you can use eshop and games online with multimenupacher . . . and dstwo+ (gateway emulation) will be an option soon
other options? here you go buddy [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT

Last edited by wormdood,

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the advancements that gateway has made over the past several months is it possible that 3ds and ds games will eventually be able to be played via the red card? I lost my blue card, so it would be awesome if the red card could handle both purposes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment