• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Quick Boot in my settings (I'm using the latest Nightly, the 10-02-15 one), but I do have Autoboot into sysnand. I enabled it and tried again and now Themehax seems to be in a loop. It loads the first time, Rxtools appears, it loads a second time, the screen flashes for half a second, then it loads a third time and finally it freezes. Maybe my emunand is messed up?
oh im still using one from last month (09-18-15)lol
try another rxtools release if you need links RxTools Nightlies by @WhoAmI?
setting up themehax only concerns systemnand so i don't think you messed up emunand but anything is possible (i don't know what else you did) lol

edit: also you said it wont boot rxtools systemnand either. so it is that your rxtools version is incompatible

Last edited by wormdood,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
oh im still using one from last month (09-18-15)lol
try another rxtools release if you need links RxTools Nightlies by @WhoAmI?
setting up themehax only concerns systemnand so i don't think you messed up emunand but anything is possible (i don't know what else you did) lol

edit: also you said it wont boot rxtools systemnand either. so it is that your rxtools version is incompatible

I just finished replacing my rxTools with the build you mentioned. I opened the menu and bingo - Quick Boot appears!
Sadly it doesn't seem to have fixed anything - themehax just does the 3-boot-loop and freezes on the last boot like it did before. Weird.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished replacing my rxTools with the build you mentioned. I opened the menu and bingo - Quick Boot appears!
Sadly it doesn't seem to have fixed anything - themehax just does the 3-boot-loop and freezes on the last boot like it did before. Weird.
Just to be sure, have you created an emuNAND?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Just to be sure, have you created an emuNAND?
I do, actually. But it might have gotten messed up after I updated sysnand to 9.2. Is that possible?
When I first got this 3DS sysnand was on 4.2 and emunand was on 10.1. I updated sysnand to 9.2 to be able to use themehax and autoboot into emunand.
I *think* my emunand might be messed up because it doesn't boot even if I launch it through traditional means like the browser exploit. It just gives me a black screen every time I try.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do, actually. But it might have gotten messed up after I updated sysnand to 9.2. Is that possible?
When I first got this 3DS sysnand was on 4.2 and emunand was on 10.1. I updated sysnand to 9.2 to be able to use themehax and autoboot into emunand.
I *think* my emunand might be messed up because it doesn't boot even if I launch it through traditional means like the browser exploit. It just gives me a black screen every time I try.
I don't think updating sysNAND would mess up emuNAND, but it might be worth formatting a new emuNAND to see if it will boot after that. Backup all of the files on your SD first as they get deleted when you format emuNAND!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you believe you f***** up emunand then you can use emunand tool to restore your emunand to your backup (before you messed it up) and then reinstall themehax

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I don't think updating sysNAND would mess up emuNAND, but it might be worth formatting a new emuNAND to see if it will boot after that. Backup all of the files on your SD first as they get deleted when you format emuNAND!
if you believe you f***** up emunand then you can use emunand tool to restore your emunand to your backup (before you messed it up) and then reinstall themehax

Do I have to use Gateway Ultra to format the emunand? I used it to make a NAND backup back when I was still on 4.2 and I recall seeing a Format Emunand option in there, but I don't know if there's a better method. Would I really need to reinstall themehax? I mean, it's installed to sysnand and all.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I have to use Gateway Ultra to format the emunand? I used it to make a NAND backup back when I was still on 4.2 and I recall seeing a Format Emunand option in there, but I don't know if there's a better method. Would I really need to reinstall themehax? I mean, it's installed to sysnand and all.
Yes, use Gateway to format emuNAND. You shouldn't need to reinstall themehax if you replace the files on your SD card after formatting emuNAND.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
my bad your correct you wont need to do that again
you can still try injecting your old emunand if you want
I don't have an emunand backup sadly. The only NAND backup I have is one I made of sysnand when my console was still on 4.2. I don't have any games on emunand right now though, so it's no biggie. :)

Yes, use Gateway to format emuNAND. You shouldn't need to reinstall themehax if you replace the files on your SD card after formatting emuNAND.
Alright, I'll give that a spin and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Alright, I tried it out. Formatted emunand and gave it another shot, but it's still the same thing. Themehax goes into this weird boot loop and then it freezes on the third boot. I'm starting to think themehax is the issue.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard Two Plus will not work for N3DS with 10.2 fw correct?
AFAIK, up to 9.2 as they use a gateway clone for 3ds rom support.
at this point from what we can tell gateway mode will need 9.2 or lower but ds mode will likely work on all fw versions

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, I tried it out. Formatted emunand and gave it another shot, but it's still the same thing. Themehax goes into this weird boot loop and then it freezes on the third boot. I'm starting to think themehax is the issue.
un installation of themehax is as simple as changing the theme

Last edited by wormdood,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I read that it's possible to have multiple emunands on a single 3DS. How does this work? Is there a way to select which one to launch before booting up RXtools? This would be a great way to add a profile system to 3DS.

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I update my emunand to the most recent Nintendo update and play my games online? Or is the 10.whatever not safe to update through emunand's system menu?

(I want to play monster hunter, downloading the free dlc and everything should be good, yeah? Also how can I edit my saves to get equipment to start off with since my actual cartridge has about 400 hours.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lil' hamster yawn