• Start date
  • Views 4,540,128
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys a have a question... i buy a new nintendo 3ds JP with firmware 8.1 and i want get region free or something to play games, i dont really know what to do with my N3DS because there is so many tutorials that not work on 8.1 T_T

Do a nand backup first (with cubic ninja?). Then try to sysupdate to 9.0 or 9.2
The firmware files are hard to find, but some say a certain 3ds iso site has them.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Sky3ds can't play some of the newer games (Zelda Tri-Force, Chibi Robo or Animal Crossing: Home Designer?)
Yes, Sky3DS cannot play some of the most recently released 3DS games, and it's likely that it will be unable to play any games that are released in the future. Nintendo added an additional anti-piracy check into these new games and the Sky3DS can't get around it.

yoyoloto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys (and hi BobDole),

I got an old 3ds XL 8.x and I do not have Cubic ninja to install CFW Pasta. I want to download it from the eshop but it requires an update, is there a way I can work around this or do I need to get the physical game cartridge ?

eas66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come across a peculiar event that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I have a N3DS on 9.0, and I followed a tutorial to set up pasta using browserhax. First of all, I'm not entirely sure if I have an emuNand. If I'm running a CFW- Pasta in this case- does that mean I must have an emuNand? I know that I have to boot up pasta in order to play some games and homebrew, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing when I do that.

The real issue, however, is the 3D gameplay. At first I set everything up and managed to get Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land running on Pasta. Of course, the games did not function in 3D when I played them here, nor did I expect them to. When I boot up the regular homemenu (I'm assuming this is sysNand?) I was always offered the error message about reinstalling from the E-shop whenever I tried to open these games, again just as I expected it would. It was at this point I decided I wanted to set up autoboot with themehax, so I went through that process without issue. The weird thing is, after a couple boots into and out of Pasta and the regular homemenu, I noticed that the images showed up on the upper screen when I hovered over my games while in the regular homemenu. I clicked on them and managed to open and play both games. I was kind of excited because that meant I could see what they looked like in full 3D. So I played AC for a while and, like usual, shut down. When I booted up the regular homemenu again, however, I could no longer open SM3DL- it would give me the usual error. AC opened and continues to open with no issue and I can still play it in full 3D from the regular homemenu.

I'm extremely confused why either game spontaneously decided to boot and play in full 3D from the regular homemenu to begin with, and I'm even more perplexed now that SM3DL has returned to only being able to boot in Pasta- and not in functioning 3D, of course.

I feel like I tasted the dream for a short while and I was wondering how in the world I might be able to get SM3DL, or anything else besides AC to work in 3D on the homemenu again.

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys (and hi BobDole),

I got an old 3ds XL 8.x and I do not have Cubic ninja to install CFW Pasta. I want to download it from the eshop but it requires an update, is there a way I can work around this or do I need to get the physical game cartridge ?

Nintendo removed Cubic Ninja from the eShop shortly after Ninjhax was released to the public. I'm not sure if there's another method to installing Pasta, but if you're willing to pay the price, a physical card of Cubic Ninja is a good way to get it

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come across a peculiar event that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I have a N3DS on 9.0, and I followed a tutorial to set up pasta using browserhax. First of all, I'm not entirely sure if I have an emuNand. If I'm running a CFW- Pasta in this case- does that mean I must have an emuNand? I know that I have to boot up pasta in order to play some games and homebrew, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing when I do that.

The real issue, however, is the 3D gameplay. At first I set everything up and managed to get Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land running on Pasta. Of course, the games did not function in 3D when I played them here, nor did I expect them to. When I boot up the regular homemenu (I'm assuming this is sysNand?) I was always offered the error message about reinstalling from the E-shop whenever I tried to open these games, again just as I expected it would. It was at this point I decided I wanted to set up autoboot with themehax, so I went through that process without issue. The weird thing is, after a couple boots into and out of Pasta and the regular homemenu, I noticed that the images showed up on the upper screen when I hovered over my games while in the regular homemenu. I clicked on them and managed to open and play both games. I was kind of excited because that meant I could see what they looked like in full 3D. So I played AC for a while and, like usual, shut down. When I booted up the regular homemenu again, however, I could no longer open SM3DL- it would give me the usual error. AC opened and continues to open with no issue and I can still play it in full 3D from the regular homemenu.

I'm extremely confused why either game spontaneously decided to boot and play in full 3D from the regular homemenu to begin with, and I'm even more perplexed now that SM3DL has returned to only being able to boot in Pasta- and not in functioning 3D, of course.

I feel like I tasted the dream for a short while and I was wondering how in the world I might be able to get SM3DL, or anything else besides AC to work in 3D on the homemenu again.

You don't have emunand, emunand doesn't come out of nowhere, it doesn't come with CFW, you have to format it using Gateway's launcher.dat and you also have to get a CFW that supports it (like rxTools or Reinand).

Pasta boots into sysnand, that's why you can see the games when you are in the regular menu with no CFW.

Why can you run some games in the home menu without Pasta you might ask?

Wells, that's called LEGIT CIAS, they don't need a CFW to be played, they have special keys that makes them work without a CFW in any system as long as they are installed, that's because they are prebundled games that aren't tied to any account.

Non legit cias might show up but when you try them they don't work.

I suggest you installing emunand + rxTools or Reinand before you brick your N3DS

Also make a NAND backup or you'll end up with some nice paperweight if you brick it and don't have one.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Sky3DS cannot play some of the most recently released 3DS games, and it's likely that it will be unable to play any games that are released in the future. Nintendo added an additional anti-piracy check into these new games and the Sky3DS can't get around it.

Thanks & what a bummer, Sky3ds was quite simple .. I do have a Gateway card, I guess I can dust it off and use that. I've been out of the scene for a while now. Can the Gateway support the latest version V10.2.0-28 on the N3ds??

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks & what a bummer, Sky3ds was quite simple .. I do have a Gateway card, I guess I can dust it off and use that. I've been out of the scene for a while now. Can the Gateway support the latest version V10.2.0-28 on the N3ds??
Your 3DS must be on 9.2 or lower firmware to use Gateway. Gateway emuNAND can be updated to a maximum of 9.5.0-23 on the N3DS.

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 9.4 fw version 3DS and will be purchasing a Sky3DS (As it is my only option).

• I do not want to update my console. If I play a rom that contains a software update, will it automatically update or will it prompt me?
  • Does the Sky3DS block rom based updates?

Yes, I have googled this and have not found the answer.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 9.4 fw version 3DS and will be purchasing a Sky3DS (As it is my only option).

• I do not want to update my console. If I play a rom that contains a software update, will it automatically update or will it prompt me?
  • Does the Sky3DS block rom based updates?

Yes, I have googled this and have not found the answer.

Sky3ds doesn't block the updates, it will tell you that you need to update in order to play the game, it will display the firmware update and ask if you want to update the system, which you can just press no and get sent back to the home menu.

Reactions: SweetieBelle

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3ds doesn't block the updates, it will tell you that you need to update in order to play the game, it will display the firmware update and ask if you want to update the system, which you can just press no and get sent back to the home menu.

Ahh good. Thank you :yay:

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
One more question:

I've been following this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/) to get rxTools working with Themehax. I already updated my sysnand to 9.2, installed a theme and successfully set up Themehax and CTRBootManager in a way that the console will autoboot emunand unless I press R during boot, but every time I turn the console on it gets to the part where it shows the rxTools logo and then I just get a black screen. The same thing happens when I attempt to load emunand through the web exploit, I open https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin and it loads rxTools (I can even press L during boot to access the options) but as soon as I boot emunand the screen becomes black and it stays that way indefinitely. I can press the Power button for a couple seconds to make the Power Off screen appear, but if I press Home on that screen it just gets stuck with "HOME Menu" on the screen.

How can I solve this?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question:

I've been following this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/) to get rxTools working with Themehax. I already updated my sysnand to 9.2, installed a theme and successfully set up Themehax and CTRBootManager in a way that the console will autoboot emunand unless I press R during boot, but every time I turn the console on it gets to the part where it shows the rxTools logo and then I just get a black screen. The same thing happens when I attempt to load emunand through the web exploit, I open https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin and it loads rxTools (I can even press L during boot to access the options) but as soon as I boot emunand the screen becomes black and it stays that way indefinitely. I can press the Power button for a couple seconds to make the Power Off screen appear, but if I press Home on that screen it just gets stuck with "HOME Menu" on the screen.

How can I solve this?
access them options there are ones specifically for booting directly into emunand . . . i will open mine up and tell you the setting name hold on . . . under settings enable quick boot (for autoboot)
& autoboot into systemnand (obvious)

Last edited by wormdood,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
access them options there are ones specifically for booting directly into emunand . . . i will open mine up and tell you the setting name hold on . . . under settings enable quick boot (for autoboot)
& autoboot into systemnand (obvious)
I don't have Quick Boot in my settings (I'm using the latest Nightly, the 10-02-15 one), but I do have Autoboot into sysnand. I enabled it and tried again and now Themehax seems to be in a loop. It loads the first time, Rxtools appears, it loads a second time, the screen flashes for half a second, then it loads a third time and finally it freezes. Maybe my emunand is messed up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i did that in the morning but with vinegar
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hey guys.
    +2
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    anyone here know how to use METEO?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It's very simple.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Meteo is like an AVI-to-GBA converter. Just drag-and-drop your AVI file in, and then convert.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, like those gba carts that have movies and tv episodes in them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But Nintendo's GBA video format is different, being that it uses a custom ROM and chipset for rendering, for like the Shrek and Shark Tale titles. Been undumpable for years and years.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Meteo uses it's own player.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, those roms are dumped currently, right?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although it's kinda pointless to download them anyway since you get the movies in horrible quality
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yep, they are now, but it took a shit ton of RE'ing.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RE = reverse engineering
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, can you remind me what reverse engineering meant pls?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Reverse engineering, to put it simply, is to understand how the software or hardware was made.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol someone tried using my email to log into Nintendo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, is that through trial and error sometimes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, did you enter any sus site?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. He "Entered the Dragon" looking for Bruce
    +1
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    sorry i was away for a while
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    I know how to use meteo
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    but its not working
    Brohann @ Brohann: but its not working