• Views 4,536,337
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

warleyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like either the SD card is faulty or your PC's SD reader is faulty. Have you tried using a different SD card? I would try doing the same process with a different SD and see if the same thing occurs. If it doesn't, the SD card is likely to blame. If it does, the SD reader is probably at fault.

Cheers bud, will give both a try, strange thing is up until I format emunand, access to sd card is not an issue.
Thanks again.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers bud, will give both a try, strange thing is up until I format emunand, access to sd card is not an issue.
Thanks again.
Seems pretty likely that it's the SD card then. Sounds like the SD could be a fake that lists itself as having a larger capacity than it really does. You can try testing the SD with H2TestW to see if that's the case.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is only when I try to enter in Dev Mode, the other things are working correctly. How can I boot rxMode in sysnand? I only booted it with the browser. but if I push R and then choose DevMode or rxMode doesn't work. But if I load the browser and don't touch any button the CFW loads correctly.

The rxTools version that I'm trying to use is 2.5.2, but when I load Rx appears like 2.5

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you so much!

Try using rxTools 3.0 beta 8, it has a different firmware.bin and the launcher.dat has been removed, now for code.bin

You can safely use sysupdater with it, I have tested it, just make sure you generate the new firmware.bin and place it together with the code.bin

You should have different results.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I went full retard and changed my DS Profile's settings. Of course now emunand won't load. What do I have to do? I've done a little research and it seems like I gotta reinstall the MSET exploit, but I don't know what's the simplest way to do this (I have a DS flashcart if that matters).

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went full retard and changed my DS Profile's settings. Of course now emunand won't load. What do I have to do? I've done a little research and it seems like I gotta reinstall the MSET exploit, but I don't know what's the simplest way to do this (I have a DS flashcart if that matters).

Just run the nds rop installer again, whatever you usued to set up MSET first time.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Have you entered the rxTools menu? How does the menu looklike ? Strong blue and black? Does it say rxTools with pasta and some cool blue background?

Well I can't see it right now (since selecting DS Profile Settings) takes me to the actual settings, not emunand, but this picture I got off Google Images shows how it looked like when it still worked.

CAM00620.jpg

EDIT: Put the picture in spoilers because it's huge.

Last edited by ric.,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can't see it right now (since selecting DS Profile Settings) takes me to the actual settings, not emunand, but this picture I got off Google Images shows how it looked like when it still worked.

CAM00620.jpg

EDIT: Put the picture in spoilers because it's huge.

1) Go to rxTools.net
2) Download the 2.6 version
3) Get rxinstaller.nds
4) Load the file with your DSTWO like it was any DS rom
5) Select the MSET version you have (4.x I'm pretty sure)

That should fix it.

Reactions: ric.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
1) Go to rxTools.net
3) Get rxinstaller.nds

That should fix it.

Yeah, my sysnand is 4.2 so I'm pretty sure that's the MSET I'm supposed to install. I'll try that and report back, thank you so much for your help!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this problem is the reason i updated to 9.2 systemnand so i would not need to worry about accidentally ruining mset as themehax autoboots rxtools

Reactions: ric.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
1) Go to rxTools.net
3) Get rxinstaller.nds

That should fix it.
Okay, that worked! You are a lifesaver. Thanks a lot. :)

this problem is the reason i updated to 9.2 systemnand so i would not need to worry about accidentally ruining mset as themehax autoboots rxtools
I was considering this - mostly due to the convenience of being able to autoboot into emunand, but I don't really see how I'd be able to update to 9.2 without an in-cart update.
Are there any downsides to this method? Or is it simply a matter of preference?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that worked! You are a lifesaver. Thanks a lot. :)

I was considering this - mostly due to the convenience of being able to autoboot into emunand, but I don't really see how I'd be able to update to 9.2 without an in-cart update.
Are there any downsides to this method? Or is it simply a matter of preference?

The only downsides you face is that you waste a couple of minutes going to the settings to launch the exploit.

And that you have to run the rop installer every time you quit playing a DS game.

Themehax autoboot in the other hand will throw you straight into the CFW once you turn your console on and you can use your DS games any time with no consecuence, here is a little example I did with a 2DS:

You can update your 3DS to 9.2 using using Dev Mode in rxTools and sysupdater.cia

No need to buy anything extra.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The only downsides you face is that you waste a couple of minutes going to the settings to launch the exploit.

And that you have to run the rop installer every time you quit playing a DS game.

Themehax autoboot in the other hand will throw you straight into the CFW once you turn your console on and you can use your DS games any time with no consecuence, here is a little example I did with a 2DS:

You can update your 3DS to 9.2 using using Dev Mode in rxTools and sysupdater.cia

No need to buy anything extra.

Dang, that sounds super convenient. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? I'm interested in giving it a shot. Also, one more question: does updating sysnand overwrite things like a patched AGB_FIRM?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, that sounds super convenient. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? I'm interested in giving it a shot. Also, one more question: does updating sysnand overwrite things like a patched AGB_FIRM?

Yes and no, no and yes...

First, to update your sysnand:

Install sysupdater in your system nand
2)Get rxTools 2.5.2 from rxtools.net (2.6 doesn't have Dev Mode).
3)Get the 9.2 update from some iso site and place the updates folder in the root of your SD card.
4)Launch rxTools in Dev Mode.
5)Press A to update.

During step 2, in that website there are modified update packs, they no longer have AGB, TWL, MSET, etc... So this apps stay in older versions (whatever you currently have), but...

I don't suggest them for Themehax use, I used the "9.2USA Modified pack" and it updated me to 9.0, that's no problem at first look but Themehax had a really low boot ratio 1/3, so I wasted more time turning it off and on again most of the timw, I decided to update that 3DS again, this time into a full 9.2 and the boot rate went up to 9/10, rarely hangs now.

And rxTools no longer needs AGB firm in later builds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==