• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can I buy Sky3DS instead of Cubic Ninja or OoT?

Depends on what you want to do but in a general way, yeah. OoT is cheaper though but like I said, it depends on what you want to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to install dlc .cia files over legit eshop games?

I believe so. they get installed in the console. It doesn't overwrite the games.

LeonardoGrecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I believe so. they get installed in the console. It doesn't overwrite the games.

I've tried two different files, neither of them work. If I go for sd install, it gives me "invalid title version (0x27)" error. If I go for NAND install, nothing happens in game

MCWizard111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Havent found the answer yet so I'll ask here, is it possible to downgrade the firmware of a O3DS running 10.1? I haven't found if it's actually possible

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
CIA i'm using: xxx
CFW: rxTools 2.6

O3DS 4.4.0 sysnand, 10.1.0 emunand

I wouldn't call that trustworthy but it doesn't mean it's no good either. It's just an unknown website for me. You should remove the link btw.
Try to find a CIA of that DLC from a different source. You can try to search at that "ISO" website for the "3DS"

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Really wish my programming knowledge spanned to this stuff, then I could help figure this stuff out lol

Well... right now there's no public exploit that allows for stuff like CFWs to work since it requires kernel access. The best advice that I can give you is trying to get a O3DS or N3DS below 9.2. Easier to do that with a O3DS.

MCWizard111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... right now there's no public exploit that allows for stuff like CFWs to work since it requires kernel access. The best advice that I can give you is trying to get a O3DS or N3DS below 9.2. Easier to do that with a O3DS.
Can't do that for now, current don't have a job so I couldn't afford one, best I could probably do is make a app for the system, but that would probably be a dead end also, Never had solid project ideas for what I know lol

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can't do that for now, current don't have a job so I couldn't afford one, best I could probably do is make a app for the system, but that would probably be a dead end also, Never had solid project ideas for what I know lol

Well.. even without CFW and CIA and all the other stuff, you can still run some homebrew (including some emulators even). So it's not all a loss. ;)

LeonardoGrecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I wouldn't call that trustworthy but it doesn't mean it's no good either. It's just an unknown website for me. You should remove the link btw.
Try to find a CIA of that DLC from a different source. You can try to search at that "ISO" website for the "3DS"
Tried that. It had two files; one is exactly the same as the one in the stite (also failed), but the other (more recent) worked like a charm. The issue is that the newer SSB update (1.10) broke the old dlc file, probably.
Problem solved! Thanks for your attention

Virosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's unlikely to be the 3DS' pins / reader, placing a piece of tape over the mSD for a flashcart works sometimes since the build quality is fairly cheap with flashcarts.

Other than the web based exploit, there's the profile exploit for an O3DS on firmware 4.x.
I'm not familiar with the O3DS though, someone else would have to help you out.

I'm pretty much out of ideas. :|

I have 7.1 anyways so the 4.x exploit would not work. Maybe i got a bad flashcart? Was expensive too =/

LeonardoGrecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi.
I'm running rxTools 2.6 on sysnand 4.4 (emunand 10.1).
But no matter what I do, I can't install FBI.cia in sysnand. It gave me an error of "wrong argument, unknown descritption (0x18a)"
I've then reformatted my sysnand (it was already unlinked). It gave me the "no database found" error.
Created blank import.db and title.db files to go with them. "save hash check failed"
Made a copy of emunand import.db and title.db files to go with sysnand. "wrong argument, unknown descritption (0x18a)" again.

All I want is to run those VC games...

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I'm running rxTools 2.6 on sysnand 4.4 (emunand 10.1).
But no matter what I do, I can't install FBI.cia in sysnand. It gave me an error of "wrong argument, unknown descritption (0x18a)"
I've then reformatted my sysnand (it was already unlinked). It gave me the "no database found" error.
Created blank import.db and title.db files to go with them. "save hash check failed"
Made a copy of emunand import.db and title.db files to go with sysnand. "wrong argument, unknown descritption (0x18a)" again.

All I want is to run those VC games...

Have you tried installing other cias? Like full games? Try installing one and let me know if you get an error too.

LeonardoGrecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Have you tried installing other cias? Like full games? Try installing one and let me know if you get an error too.
Any .cia I try to install in sysnand gives me this error. I can install anything flawlessly in emunand, though

EDIT: Problem solved. SHOULD ONLY WORK ON UN-LINKED NANDs!
1- Backed up SD Card (HDD Raw Copy Tool) in case something went wrong.
2- Sysnand: System settings -> Data Management -> 3DS Software. Format data
3- rxTools: Reinject FBI over Sysnand HS&I
4- rxTools over Sysnand mode: open HS&I, inject desired CIA

I didn't end up needing the backup

Last edited by LeonardoGrecchi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I started apple cider vinegar tablets again hope I don't start burping it up