• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Ok I got one more...

So I had a 3ds running pasta and download and installed a load of .cia files. Then I updated the 3ds so I needed another...
So I have a backup of the sd for that 3ds... Will it work for the 3ds xl I just bought? or will I need to re-download all the .cia files again?

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got one more...

So I had a 3ds running pasta and download and installed a load of .cia files. Then I updated the 3ds so I needed another...
So I have a backup of the sd for that 3ds... Will it work for the 3ds xl I just bought? or will I need to re-download all the .cia files again?
You'll need to redownload/reinstall them.

Reactions: asnka

hyhae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Is it possible to transfer save files from legit game carts and use them with cias on rxtools?

Sorry if it's been asked for the millionth time but i've seen a guide and I couldn't understand some points of it and it had no mention of rxtools whatsoever so...

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer save files from legit game carts and use them with cias on rxtools?

Sorry if it's been asked for the millionth time but i've seen a guide and I couldn't understand some points of it and it had no mention of rxtools whatsoever so...

Have you tried savedata transfer tool from eshop + rxtools in emunand.

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi hi
So after updating my old 3ds to 9.9, I decided to buy a new 'new 3ds' because my old one was 4 years old anyway.
Is it possible to transfer save files from the old 3ds to the new one without having to update the new 3ds under gateway?
And if it's not possible, if gateway ever update emunand support to the latest firmware, would it be possible to transfer save files then?
Thanks.

(I'm really new to this so~)

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi hi
So after updating my old 3ds to 9.9, I decided to buy a new 'new 3ds' because my old one was 4 years old anyway.
Is it possible to transfer save files from the old 3ds to the new one without having to update the new 3ds under gateway?
And if it's not possible, if gateway ever update emunand support to the latest firmware, would it be possible to transfer save files then?
Thanks.

(I'm really new to this so~)
I think if Gateway eventually supports 9.9 emuNAND, you would be able to do it. I'm not sure though, I don't have much experience with this.

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question.. As I mentioned above, I just bought a new 3ds.
I bought an ocarina of time cartridge, and I have the save file placed in the microsd root.
The question is.. How do I load the backup save into the cartridge if I don't have a console that can access gateway menu?
What if I try to find a cubic ninja? Will that be the same case?

Thanks~

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question.. As I mentioned above, I just bought a new 3ds.
I bought an ocarina of time cartridge, and I have the save file placed in the microsd root.
The question is.. How do I load the backup save into the cartridge if I don't have a console that can access gateway menu?
What if I try to find a cubic ninja? Will that be the same case?

Thanks~

To get the save on the oot cart, you need an exploitable old 3ds or a save transfer dongle. You're better off with cubic ninja which doesn't require anything.

yourmom2161

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Gateway back in January. I'm just getting around to installing it now. I've followed every guide that I can, but no matter what I can't get past a white bottom screen that appears after going to the site in the browser.

I've tried:
- Turning wifi on/off
- Deleting cookies/history
- Restarting my 3DS with every combination above
- Starting it without the red cartridge
- Starting it without the microSD card inside the red cartridge
- Holding L when the white screen appears
- Tapping L when the white screen appears
- Deleting and readding the launcher.dat from the latest 3.4 firmware.
- Reformating the microSD card to exFat 10 times.

Is my card a dud?

Edit: I'd ask on their tech support forums, but apparently your account needs to get approved by a mod first.

hyhae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I bought a Gateway back in January. I'm just getting around to installing it now. I've followed every guide that I can, but no matter what I can't get past a white bottom screen that appears after going to the site in the browser.

I've tried:
- Turning wifi on/off
- Deleting cookies/history
- Restarting my 3DS with every combination above
- Starting it without the red cartridge
- Starting it without the microSD card inside the red cartridge
- Holding L when the white screen appears
- Tapping L when the white screen appears
- Deleting and readding the launcher.dat from the latest 3.4 firmware.
- Reformating the microSD card to exFat 10 times.

Is my card a dud?

Edit: I'd ask on their tech support forums, but apparently your account needs to get approved by a mod first.

Your software version is higher than 9.2? if so, 3ds is only exploitable if it's 9.2 or less

Afoyi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi GBATemp, first post is a cry for help unforunately. I have my Gateway setup and I can play Ocarina of Time. My other roms that are loaded onto my microSD card display themselves when I press select in the home menu and even load into the system when I press A. However when the game itself starts loading up, it gets past the "Nintendo 3DS" splash screen and gives me "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off."

Could it be that I downloaded a bunch of faulty roms? Or is there something wrong with the microSD formatting? The weird thing is that I can play Ocarina and the only difference from the other roms is that it's significantly smaller (512mb vs 1-2gb)

I'm using a 32gb SanDisk Ultra microSD (FAT32), Gateway 3.3, system firmware 8.1.0-18U.

Thanks!

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi GBATemp, first post is a cry for help unforunately. I have my Gateway setup and I can play Ocarina of Time. My other roms that are loaded onto my microSD card display themselves when I press select in the home menu and even load into the system when I press A. However when the game itself starts loading up, it gets past the "Nintendo 3DS" splash screen and gives me "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off."

Could it be that I downloaded a bunch of faulty roms? Or is there something wrong with the microSD formatting? The weird thing is that I can play Ocarina and the only difference from the other roms is that it's significantly smaller (512mb vs 1-2gb)

I'm using a 32gb SanDisk Ultra microSD (FAT32), Gateway 3.3, system firmware 8.1.0-18U.

Thanks!
I just ran into that very error twice this week, not sure if it's because of my rom (just started on brave frontier) or the 3ds hardware itself. Did some googling and some said it was to do with the wifi card connection internally being loose?

A7MAD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If the network setting are the same on both sysnand and emunand (Even though I didn't set any network on sysnand ) does that mean I didn't unlike the two ?

And how to fix this ?

Last edited by A7MAD,

WarioBalotelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello kind readers of this,

i think i´m stuck with a blackscreen every time i load my emunand, what to do now?

my System:

N3DS Firmware 9.0 (Europe)
EMUNAND is also on 9.0 (that´s a guess)
Gateway-Launcher is on v3.2

Should i clear the internal sd-card an start all over? What if i upgrade the Gateway-Launcher to 3.4? Is there a chance that i can take my savegames with me? Or is that irrelevant.

If anybody could shed some light in here....thx

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question!

So I may or may not get my hands on a 3ds with 4.5 firmware. What would be the first step I need to take to use Gateway to play roms, use themes, etc

And is there anything I should do in order to not screw up and lose my exploitable firmware?

Find a basic gateway setup guide there are plenty out there including here and youtube. Since you are on 4.5 you can use the blue gateway card exploit without needing to downgrade.

Just make sure you never update your firmware. I personally blocked the nintendo update servers on my DD-WRT router. I found out how somewhere on here. Whenever I want to update my emunand firmware or use the eshop I have to unblock it.

First thing you should do after booting into gateway is make a nand backup of your 4.5 system. And keep the file in a safe place on your computer if you ever need it in the future.

Also you are going to need to setup emunand to use the latest system firmware and be able to use themes or install CIA files. So read a tutorial on that. Just remember never update the real system firmware. When you are in emunand and go to the system settings to update it should say something like GW3D 4.5 for the firmware. When it says GW3D you can update. Also if you exit out of the system settings in emunand it takes you back to the real system so you have to go back into gateway emunand again don't accidentally update if it doesn't say GW3D in the firmware.

For themes I personally just started using them. I am using Rinnegatamante's "Custom HomeMenu Manager" found here. http://gbatemp.net/threads/chmm-custom-homemenu-manager.379349/

You have to find the themes elsewhere.

To install .CIA files you need something you will need something like BigBlueMenu.

Reactions: Bubbysaur

Pewfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, got my Gateway card for my N3DS (FW 9.0.0-20E) this morning but my save dongle is coming in later on. I'm wondering if it is possible to back up my current save file and restore Gateway's save onto my copy of OOT without it.

Side note, will the Blue card work on the N3DS?

xeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello every1, i got a question cuz i didnt update my gateway since about a year...

i want to play mh4 online but also want to play other games with my gateway, is this possible and what is the best way to do this?
buy mh4 and use the original or use my game ID from mh4 on the gateway (can u post me a tutorial how to do this, ive heared it is possible but im not sure how to :))

my 3ds xl is on 4.5 and my emunand is somewhere near 7 i belive :)
forgot to add

thanks for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...