• Views 4,462,843
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either 9.5.0-22 or 9.5.0-23 is fine, the last digit is just the update for the internet browser. Updating emuNAND should not affect any game saves or installs. When backing up emuNAND, nothing will be affected. When restoring, I believe anything that was installed after the the backup was made will be gone. As for saves, I believe they should still be fine as they are stored on the SD card.
Thanks. I'd think that not much would be messed up since people would want to upgrade their SD card, like I am.

Is there any truth to this post? https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/page-18#post-5502401
Is losing spider exploit a big deal? If it is I can just download the -22 version if they are basically the same.

So the process would go for upgrading an SD card

1) Backup 9.5 emunand
2) Format emunand on new SD card
3) Restore emunand on new SD card
4) Copy save files, etc that were on old SD card

My GF's N3DS is on 9.2U and I was going to upgrade her emunand to 9.5U, but she has some save games, themes, etc I didn't want to get messed up or become incompatible with the new emunand if they were created on older emunand. So I guess I'll just follow that thread. If it does mess anything up I guess I can backup the emunand first.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. I'd think that not much would be messed up since people would want to upgrade their SD card, like I am.

So the process would go for upgrading an SD card

1) Backup 9.5 emunand
2) Format emunand on new SD card
3) Restore emunand on new SD card
4) Copy save files, etc that were on old SD card

My GF's N3DS is on 9.2U and I was going to upgrade her emunand to 9.5U, but she has some save games, themes, etc I didn't want to get messed up or become incompatible with the new emunand if they were created on older emunand. So I guess I'll just follow that thread. If it does mess anything up I guess I can backup the emunand first.
For step 4, you also want to copy the Nintendo 3DS folder to the new SD card as well. Other than that, yes that's correct. Always backup everything first. While nothing should go wrong, there's always a chance that something could.

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone !
I have a little problem, I downloaded an undub version of a game, in .cia format.
The issue is that the CIA is bigger than 4go and I can't copy/paste it on my sd card. Is there a way to split .cia game ? Won't be an issue with .3ds I guess but I can't find anything about.cia.
Thanks !

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone !
I have a little problem, I downloaded an undub version of a game, in .cia format.
The issue is that the CIA is bigger than 4go and I can't copy/paste it on my sd card. Is there a way to split .cia game ? Won't be an issue with .3ds I guess but I can't find anything about.cia.
Thanks !
Back up the contents of your SD card and your emuNAND (with emuNAND tool), then format the SD card as exFAT. After that the SD should allow single files bigger than 4GB. Format emuNAND on the SD again then use emuNAND tool to inject your emuNAND backup to the SD, and move the backed up contents of your SD back to the SD card.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, New 3DS are limited with hacks and require Cubic Ninja/Zelda Ocarina of Time initially.
So get a 3DS XL instead, anything with 9.2 or lower can be exploited. If your nephews are kids, DEFINTIELY don't get them a more expensive, harder to find New 3DS.

You can use Rxtools on the 3DS XL's, without having to buy Gateway. It's setup the same way and everything.
My nephews dont' have wifi (My sister won't allow them to use internet on anything rather than the PC with parental restrictions). I will also place restrictions on their 3DS regarding updating and internet access.

The problem is they want the N3DSXL like their friends. I want to get them the exploitable systems because I want to backup NAND, gamesaves... in case something might happen, that can be easily fixed (with third party software which requires exploit) than sending it to Nintendo and be charged a huge chunk of money.

Last edited by tivu100,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My nephews dont' have wifi (My sister won't allow them to use internet on anything rather than the PC with parental restrictions). I will also place restrictions on their 3DS reagrding updating.

The problems are they want the N3DSXL like their friends. I want to get them the exploitable systems because I want to backup NAND, gamesaves... in case something might happen, that can be easily fixed (with third party software which requires exploit) than sending it to Nintendo and be charged a huge chunk of money.
Sending it to Nintendo will NEVER be an option for you, when you have an exploited 3DS. They will update your 3DS to the latest without asking you.
I'd predict that the 3DS will break, before it will ever brick. Especially if they're children who would take it to school and leave it there/drop it/have it stolen.

It's a good idea, but kids are not responsible with anything. Hacked 3DS are expensive and you should do it if you have good money and don't mind it.
I'm not saying this about your nephews, but kids in general. I just worry even though it's not my money or 3DS.

To even get a New 3DS on 9.0, you have to go buy a 3DS at the store and be lucky. Your other choice is to spend $300 on a New 3DS on Ebay. Trust me, getting ahold of a new 3DS on 9.0 is not so easy, and to give it to children would be mind blowing.
If I were you, I'd be like "Keep your new 3DS home, it's very rare and expensive" Let them know how special it really is.

Is it possible to have individual themes for real and emunand? Whenever I change in one, it affects the other. I know I'm in the emunand because of the system version.
You need to have emunand and sysnand separated, by formatting sysnand from settings while having the SD card removed. Then you can either use Cubic Ninja, or Pasta CFW to change the theme on sysnand.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sending it to Nintendo will NEVER be an option for you, when you have an exploited 3DS. They will update your 3DS to the latest without asking you.
I'd predict that the 3DS will break, before it will ever brick. Especially if they're children who would take it to school and leave it there/drop it/have it stolen.

It's a good idea, but kids are not responsible with anything. Hacked 3DS are expensive and you should do it if you have good money and don't mind it.
I'm not saying this about your nephews, but kids in general. I just worry even though it's not my money or 3DS.

To even get a New 3DS on 9.0, you have to go buy a 3DS at the store and be lucky. Your other choice is to spend $300 on a New 3DS on Ebay. Trust me, getting ahold of a new 3DS on 9.0 is not so easy, and to give it to children would be mind blowing.
If I were you, I'd be like "Keep your new 3DS home, it's very rare and expensive" Let them know how special it really is.

You need to have emunand and sysnand separated, by formatting sysnand from settings while having the SD card removed. Then you can either use Cubic Ninja, or Pasta CFW to change the theme on sysnand.
I meant sending to Nintendo is the last option. And with exploitable N3DS, I don't have to send the systems Nintendo for easy-to-fix issues (something like restore Nand backup)

I was able to price-match a deal + cash back + coupon that bring the price down to around $160 a piece for N3DSXL. O3DSXL is around $130-$150, so I thought I would just pick N3DSXL at that time.

I have been exchanging like 4 times with no luck. Kinda tired. Praying Ninjhax 2.0 will be released soon.

Last edited by tivu100,

Helioxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, i have a sky3ds flashcard, today i put it in sleep mode, playing bravely default, and a few hours later i gott a black screen.
And now my flashcard crash my 3ds all the time, when i "plug" the flashcart the 3ds go to black screen.

I'm in the last firmware, and all was working until then, sorry for the english
Awaits response

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make pokemon gamesave on sysnand <=4.5 to work on >6.x sysnand? Heard rxtools 3.0 beta has 9.2 sysnand works with mset exploit. My friend's interested in updating to get pokehex web-inject pokemon hack on 9.x sysnand.

If so, please guide me step by step.

CyndaQuillian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I finally got my new 2DS and installed RxTools and installed Legend of Zelda- A Link Between Worlds as a .cia file. Is it possible to load cheats on to the game?
If not, would a flashcart be able to?
If so, which would be better? Gateway or Sky3DS?

Rhymekaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to extract a secureinfo_a from my emunand backup? flashed a JPN one without backing up my original, but i do have a backup of my emunand if that means i can acquire that at all..

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently on 4.2.0-9U, and I may or may not have the correct browser for this firmware. I have cubic ninja(and OOT), and am uninterested in piracy but am interested in hombrew and custom firmware (rxtools cfw is installed and is on latest supported version). Am I safe to update to 9.8?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 4.2.0-9U, and I may or may not have the correct browser for this firmware. I have cubic ninja(and OOT), and am uninterested in piracy but am interested in hombrew and custom firmware (rxtools cfw is installed and is on latest supported version). Am I safe to update to 9.8?
What are you trying to update to 9.8? Emunand or sysnand?

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are you trying to update to 9.8? Emunand or sysnand?

I haven't tried yet, but I would like to sysnand so that I can use eshop and all that wonderful stuff. Probably want to update emunand as well, but won't really need to until after ninjax 2.0 gets patched(I think?).

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried yet, but I would like to sysnand so that I can use eshop and all that wonderful stuff. Probably want to update emunand as well, but won't really need to until after ninjax 2.0 gets patched(I think?).
So you have RXtools? Just update to 9.8 on emunand (supposedly you have O3DS because firmware 4.2). Before updating unlink your emunand and sysnand.

Just rumour that Smealum said it's safe to update to 9.8 for Ninjhax 2.0. But this is not confirmed so proceed on your own risk.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone explain to me what is this "region four"?
Region Four is a mod for the 3DS that allows out of region game carts to be launched on a 3DS. It requires a copy of Cubic Ninja that's the same region as your 3DS.

Does anyone know why I do not have the "Super-Stable 3D" option in the settings menu? This is in emunand (GW3D 9.5.0-23U). Is this a known thing with GW on N3DS?

I am trying to calibrate following this from nintendo's site. http://en-americas-support.nintendo...a_id/13792/~/how-to-calibrate-super-stable-3d
Did you downgrade your system settings before creating your emuNAND? If that's the case you won't have the option as you have the System Settings of a normal 3DS on your N3DS's emuNAND. Use 3DNUS to download the correct system settings:
US: Title ID: 0004001000021000 Version: 8203
EU: Title ID: 0004001000022000 Version: 8202
JPN: Title ID: 0004001000020000 Version: 9224

Install the generated .cia file in emuNAND and that should solve your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.