• Views 4,463,958
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

shinnn87

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You are confused here, your question should not be about install domething on SD card vs emunand, your question sounds like install on sysnand vs emunand, because they are both in the SD card.

Emunand is just a 1GB partition in the SD card that emulates a firmware version, so you can "install things in emunand" but this means that they will be on the SD card itself and the "licenses" are into the emunand partition.

If you don't have enough space to install something on emunand you won't be able to install in sysnand neither because your SD card has run out of space and will give an error on both.

Ah, gotcha. After browsing around it seems that the issue I'm having is that I have to update my emunand to run the .cia. What would be the best way to go about this?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, gotcha. After browsing around it seems that the issue I'm having is that I have to update my emunand to run the .cia. What would be the best way to go about this?

So are you able to install them but not to run them right? Then yeah, seems that the game requires a higher firmware than the one you are currently on.

It's easy: Boot into emunand using rxtools/gateway mode/whatever > go to system settings > MAKE SURE YOU ARE INTO EMUNAND (GWD/RX-E) > Go to system settings > system update in the 4th page.

Of course you have to have wifi available into your 3ds to update it, if not you can use a cia update to manually do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a quick question, pardon my noob-ness right now, will the R4i 3DS work with the new 9.6.0-24 update? I want to be sure before I update because I made the mistake of updating to download that friggin' pokemon shuffle.
Thanks.

I have a R4i 3DS (purple) and a R4i Gold (black) and they both work in my New 3DS on 9.8 system nand.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: DallionPaw

shinnn87

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So are you able to install them but not to run them right? Then yeah, seems that the game requires a higher firmware than the one you are currently on.

It's easy: Boot into emunand using rxtools/gateway mode/whatever > go to system settings > MAKE SURE YOU ARE INTO EMUNAND (GWD/RX-E) > Go to system settings > system update in the 4th page.

Of course you have to have wifi available into your 3ds to update it, if not you can use a cia update to manually do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Got it updated while under Emunand, but now I can't get into FBI anymore even after I try to inject it again using rx tools.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it updated while under Emunand, but now I can't get into FBI anymore even after I try to inject it again using rx tools.

I don't know about injecting FBI tho, what I always do is use Ninjhax to lauch Pasta, with Pasta I use FBI to install Big Blue Box, then switch to rxTools and use BBB to install stuff.

I think you should have isntalled BBB before, pretty much everyone uses FBI to install BBB since is a lot better and installs as an app on your home menu.

Anyways, if you can't get it to work I guess you'll have to restart for scratch and make sure you install Big blue Menu this time around.

Last edited by Tony_93,

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there a way to make a legit CIA out of my retail Cubic Ninja game? Would be much more useful to be able to boot ninjhax without carrying the game with me all the time. I am on N3DS 9.0.0-20E.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make a legit CIA out of my retail Cubic Ninja game? Would be much more useful to be able to boot ninjhax without carrying the game with me all the time. I am on N3DS 9.0.0-20E.

There is a way to create "legit cias" that will only work on your console, but you need to have bought a game from eshop, extract some files that you inject later into your cias.

On N3DS what you can do is dump your game cardtriges and use a flashcard... or make your own cias but I think you need another o3ds on 4.x to get xopards.

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is a way to create "legit cias" that will only work on your console, but you need to have bought a game from eshop, extract some files that you inject later into your cias.

On N3DS what you can do is dump your game cardtriges and use a flashcard... or make your own cias but I think you need another o3ds on 4.x to get xopards.

I can generate xorpads through the use of Decrypt9. Do you have any more information for me on how to extract the files from the eshop games? Do I have to buy from eshop at all, or can I use some of the system apps? I don't have a NNID yet since it's on my O3DS which is 9.7.0-25E btw.

Last edited by R4ndom,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can generate xorpads through the use of Decrypt9. Do you have any more information for me on how to extract the files from the eshop games? Do I have to buy from eshop at all, or can I use some of the system apps? I don't have a NNID yet since it's on my O3DS which is 9.7.0-25E btw.

The file you need to get from your own game is the ticket.db file, yes it's taken from a game bought in the eshop. And this is what the 4.x 3ds is needed actually.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...p-content-super-easy-and-fast-2-1-fix.376941/

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a 9.0 N3DS XL, just wondering how fellow members put files on the microsd card. Do you leave the backplate unscrewed or something? It's fairly annoying to have to unscrew the backplate every time you want to access the microsd card. Is there a better way of going about this?
I've heard several people say they leave it unscrewed, as the clips are enough to hold it in place for general use. There is a wifi management utility, but it can be slow for larger files.

i just wanna ask a quick question because i cant find it anywhere. do i need emunand 9.8 to go online? i wanna use omega 2.7 but is it support 9.8? i guess not, so can we just say this? gw 2.7 omega users cant go online? am i right?
According to http://www.gateway-3ds.com/gateway-public-release-2-7/ , that version only supports up to 9.4. Not sure why you'd want to still use an older version instead of 3.2.2, which does support emuNand 9.8 on Old 3DS. However, you don't need the latest System Version to play online, as long as you have the latest update for the game you're trying to play. You can install the CIA version of the update manually, since you won't be able to access the eShop.

Could someone please point me to the latest version of emunand tool?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ is the latest I'm aware of.

I want to buy a bigger SD card for my 3DS, how can I transfer files from one to the other? Just drag and drop? I don't have any bought games on it, only some demos and the two free Pokémon games, and I have some pictures from the camera, and some music.
EDIT: Also, how should it be formatted?
The system SD card should be Fat32. Dragging and dropping files works for most things, but if you are using emuNand, you will need to transfer that separately. Use Emunand Tool to extract the emuNand from your current card, then use "Setup Emunand" from the Gateway Launcher (or however you normally set up emuNand, if using something else), then inject your backed up emuNand onto your new card and drop your files onto the Fat32 partition.

Can i use the Pkhex editor on my save of ORAS of N3ds?
I believe if you use SaveDataFiler, you should be able to extract the save, use PKHex, and then inject the save without a problem. I did that without issue using Gateway, gave myself a Stunky. I have an Old 3DS, but that shouldn't change how SaveDataFiler works.

Edited: Nevermind guys found a solution.
If you have an issue and find a solution, it's best to leave the issue and solution on the forums so others with the same issue can find out what worked for you. Don't be DenverCoder9.

druh09

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys n girls.

I'm so confused... I read a lot of threads now but i still have so many questions.
So i will just keep it simple:

I have a 2DS - FW: 9.2.0-20E

What can I do with what? What are my options? What is possible with that? What should I choose? And so on and on...

Greetz
Dru

Gayquest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought the Cubic Ninja + Gateway cards for my N3DS.

I got everything installed, backed up the SYSNAND, updated my EMUNAND, etc.

How do I boot Gateway without doing the Cubic Ninja exploit everytime?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
(big warning for bricking!) I think that would be installing mset (n3ds)/downgrade your 3ds to 4.5 (o3ds), 2ds not possible i think (big warning for bricking!) then use the original steps using the bluecard for starting the exploit (and maybe you'll need omega 2.7)
i can't test it since i only had a cheap clone card (oh and i already sold it all)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys n girls.

I'm so confused... I read a lot of threads now but i still have so many questions.
So i will just keep it simple:

I have a 2DS - FW: 9.2.0-20E

What can I do with what? What are my options? What is possible with that? What should I choose? And so on and on...

Greetz
Dru

Don't buy a flashcard, the best thing you can do is create emunand using gateway's launcher.dat, use rxtools 2.5 and then use the fbi injector to install Big Blue Menu.

This way you'll be able to play games installed directly on your emunand and you don't have to buy a flash card.

Big Blue Menu + Emunand + RxTools is all you need.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, been a while since I've messed with this stuff. I've just been using my N3DS XL after GW released support, but I also own a N3DS JP and O3DS, but do not use these. I'd like to get some use out of them though. So a few questions. Looking at the different threads on here a lot of progress seems to have been made in the way of CFW options and such so I am a bit behind. Any help would be great.

- What would be the best process to get a 8.1J N3DS (I own JP Cubic Ninja) working with GW and provide the most compatibility with current/future game releases? Can I get anything above 8.1J emunand? If so how? I rarely use the extra features of GW and just play games offline most of the time, but being able to go online would be nice.

- Is there also a method where I would not need the GW card after initial install since I only own one GW on a JP N3DS?

- I also own a launch 3DS that I used to use with GW. What would be the easiest method to get this working without needing the GW card in the 3DS? I would prefer something that a child could use since I would be giving it to them, I'd obviously have to put their backups on it for them first. I know you can install games as cia and then leave the 3DS on forever and only need the GW card for initial boot into GW mode. But are their CFW options or anything that would allow the 3DS to be used if it is turned off or the child exits GW mode on accident?

arehandero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, this is maybe an easy question: I have a .cia DLC for a jp game, how can I "patch" it to be regionfree?

BTW, Im not using gateway, only rxtools.

Thanks in advance

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi im here to ask 2 things please answer if you know something
First
Is there any way to get a new NintendoId without losing my games/progress im using rxtools on sysnand 4.2 and 9.8 emunand
Second
Can i enter to rxmode without internet connection/cubic ninja maybe with the ds profile exploid i can install any cia with my cubic ninja copy but the 3ds i will hack is for my friend so he don´t need to buy a copy or use the internet every time he launch rxmode

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im here to ask 2 things please answer if you know something
First
Is there any way to get a new NintendoId without losing my games/progress im using rxtools on sysnand 4.2 and 9.8 emunand
Second
Can i enter to rxmode without internet connection/cubic ninja maybe with the ds profile exploid i can install any cia with my cubic ninja copy but the 3ds i will hack is for my friend so he don´t need to buy a copy or use the internet every time he launch rxmode
First: Assuming you meant "Nintendo ID", your NNID is tied to your games and presumably your saves. You can use savedatafiler to transfer saves, but not games.

Second: you can use the MSET exploit in 4.x, or you can wait for the 9.2 one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol